Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mraz Legacy: A Romanticy: Updated 12/8

Hello, and welcome to

The Mraz Legacy A Romanticy

(Don't worry, I'll have a flashy banner up soon enough :P )

Since I failed my last legacy, I decided to start a new one.

I will be following the typical <a href="http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/39862.page">Legacy Rules</a> as well these two.
Story Teller

A popular practice is to write a story for your Legacy family and upload it in chapters. If you feel the creative energy, why not try uploading your own story? There is no in-game bonus for doing this, but the addition to the community is always welcome!

Family Trait
When creating your founder in CAS, choose one of the founder’s 5 traits to become the ‘family trait’ for your legacy family. There after, every sim born to the legacy family must possess this trait by the time they reach young adulthood. If they do not inherit it at birth, you must choose that trait the moment you are given the option to. The remaining traits still must be rolled for.

The 'Family Trait' add-on challenge is why I'm calling it a Romanticy. The Family Trait is Hopeless Romantic, which brings us to the topic of our founder.

Rowena Mraz

Generation 1 Heiress, Founder

Screenshot-1372.jpg

Screenshot-1371.jpg

Her traits are Hopeless Romantic, Bookworm, Friendly, Excitable, and Family Oriented. Your typical founder traits, no? Her LTW is Star News Anchor.

Anyway, she lives in a lot I added to Moonlight Falls. I couldn't find any 64 by 64 lots, so I had to add one myself.

Updates will be on Fridays, Saturdays, and sometimes on weekdays. You may get an update today, but it depends if anyone shows any interest. :P

I appreciate feedback.

Comments

• Options
    sims3elbsims3elb Posts: 925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Reserved for chapter links/pages
  • Options
    allong16allong16 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Your founder is very pretty! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    allong16-

Thank you! Since I'm staying home today, I'll have the first chapter up today. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Chapter 1

"You see that girl over there?" Sally Hamilton whispered to Becky Morris.

Screenshot-1377.jpg

"Um, yeah. She's like the only other kid besides us still here." Becky replied, rolling her eyes.

"Well, her name is Rowena Fayes. She lives in the trailer park with her mom and dad."

"So? Lots of losers live there."

Screenshot-1384.jpg

"Yeah, but her mom is insane. I heard my mother telling yours over the phone. But you wanna know the worst part? Her dad was in jail for robbing the Sunset Valley bank. That's why they moved here."

Screenshot-1379.jpg

"50 gossip points to you, Sally. We are so gonna tell everyone tomorrow. What a great way to start off 6th grade."

Screenshot-1383.jpg

Where was I during that? Well, stupid me didn't hear any of that, because I was to busy daydreaming about how wonderful tomorrow would be. For the last 5 years of my life, I had to endure bullies taunting me about how my father was in jail, how my mother couldn't support me. She was insane, after all. But after my dad's prison sentence was fulfilled, we moved to Moonlight Falls.

My parents. The insane vixen and the evil thief. I had no idea how my mom and dad got together.

Screenshot-1389.jpg

Half the time my mother talked it was nonsense, and the other half was making dirty jokes or insulting people. But somehow, my father had saw something in her, something that overthrew the overhanging insanity. At least, that's how my Hopeless Romantic self saw it. My dad probably thought she had a good butt, or something dirty like that. But who knows?

When I came home from the park, after Sally and Becky left, (The Gossip Girls, I would later call them) I saw my mom rambling at my dad.

Screenshot-1390.jpg

Screenshot-1391.jpg

"No! Stacy! You have to stop this! You're making no sense, and you're scaring poor Rowena!"
    (We were outside, and the Crumplebottom family was observing us from across the street. Dad didn't want to dirty his already stained prison record for verbal abuse of a minor.)

Dad ran over and hugged me. I flinched, but for the sake of not being beat later, I hugged him back. Mom watched us, with a smile on her face.

"My two favorite people. I love our family."

Screenshot-1393.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,754 Member
    edited December 2012
    Rowena is sooooo pretty! :mrgreen:
    I feel sorry for her, being so happy she'll finally make a new start when they already know all about her...
    Her mom is... interesting, to say the least. :hunf:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    _sims_Yimi wrote:
    Rowena is sooooo pretty! :mrgreen:
    I feel sorry for her, being so happy she'll finally make a new start when they already know all about her...
    Her mom is... interesting, to say the least. :hunf:

Thanks! Yes, her mom is "interesting". You'll see more of that later. :wink:

Rowena will have a happy life, like you said. Unfortunately, she has to deal with other hardships first...
  • Options
    cutiepie18101cutiepie18101 Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    I'm looking forward to reading this!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'm looking forward to reading this!

Thanks! I'm working on a new chapter right now, actually. It should be up by 12. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Chapter 2

My childhood was difficult. A few months after I started school, my mother and father started having issues.

Screenshot-1418.jpg

"Stacy, we haven't done it since Rowena was a baby! Please, I'm begging you: I NEED to have a male child to teach my tricks to..."

Screenshot-1419.jpg

"No. William, one child is enough. And I don't want to go through the process of raising a whiny, snot nosed brat again."

Screenshot-1444.jpg

Shortly after that, my father was abducted. To this day, I have no idea WHAT abducted him. I just thanked them every night before I went to bed.

My teen years were less memorable. I drifted through my life in a daze: No boyfriend, friends, or family besides my mentally ill mother. My mother mainly ignored me, and if she DID talk to me, it was only babble. Even though my mother and I weren't close, it still was painful to see her slowly get sicker and sicker each and every day. By my 18th birthday, she was gone.

I had enough money to buy a vast lot on the other side of town, but not enough to move away from Moonlight Falls. I was okay with that, since all the bullies from my school days had gotten pregnant and moved away or were in jail. Even with that, I changed my last name. Mraz, after one of my favorite musicians.

Shortly after I moved, I was in the town library writing, since I didn't have a computer at home. I was writing the murder scene when he walked in.

Screenshot-1338.jpg

Angus Brown.

I was totally flustered. He wasn't the same type of handsome the boys at school were; no, they were blonde, plastic, and had all muscle and no brains. Angus, though, had the look of an intelligent man, while being attractive at the same time.

"Hi, I'm Rowena. I live next to the old abandoned house on Alclove Street..."

Screenshot-1341.jpg

"Oh, I know. I've seen you here before; I just have never gotten an opportunity to talk to you until now."
    He was eyeing me in a way my father had done to my mother before they had issues.

Screenshot-1344.jpg

I started feeling hot all over. This was the first time any male had ever looked at me and not said, "Oh, you're that Rowena girl.." and then spat at me.

I wasn't sure what to do.
    In my moment of panic, I quickly said, "I'm sorry, I have to go. nice meeting you, Mr..."
    "Brown. Argus Brown." he said, and he sounded sad. Oh no...
    Of course, I fled.

Screenshot-1354.jpg

Oh my god.. I completely blew it. I completely and utterly hated myself for several days after that. I avoided going to the library or anywhere else he could possibly be. I was suffering; without going to the library, I couldn't write. Without writing, I wouldn't get my royalties. And without those, I couldn't eat.

I had gotten Argus's phone number from one of the townies. I eventually sucked it up and called him.

Screenshot-1366.jpg

"Hello? Hello?"
    No one picked up. After 5 minutes of waiting, I hung up.

Screenshot-1367.jpg

I was going to have to do this the hard way.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Here's a teaser picture...

Screenshot-1796-1.jpg
  • Options
    MichelleLynn01MichelleLynn01 Posts: 455 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey! Great story so far. Can't wait to read more! :)
    CkglUD.jpg