Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated World: Storybrook County (Updated thru Seasons)

Here is a link to the original thread - for whatever reason it would not let me post on it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/504289.page

Here is the link to the install instructions that are required for this world since it was exported after the Seasons patch.

http://mysimrealty.com/SeasonsPatch-InstallDirections.html

AVAILABLE AT:

www.mysimrealty.com

Comments

• Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ohh-look forward to trying it out when I get Seasons!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2012
    Of the city/country worlds you have done, this one is my favorite. :-)

In fact, I already downloaded your festival lot and placed it in my saved game. But it will be nice to have it in the world file (along with the ST lots I also downloaded and placed). Thank you!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    khallelkhallel Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you! Storybrook County is my favorite world.
  • Options
    laratschannenlaratschannen Posts: 99 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank youuu!! Can't wait to download it tonight :))

Lara
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks - enjoy!
  • Options
    EbakEbak Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey Realtor! I love Storybrook, its almost perfect for my sims. I do have one question though...I couldn't see any 'private venue' lots around, all the other showtime lots are there, Coffeehouse, Live Show Venue, Big Show Venue etc..but no private venue. Is there one in the works or is it combined with another building?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oh I must have forgot that one - I had one in Anne Arbor - whoops! Thanks for bringing it to my attention - I will try and get a new one up soon :)
  • Options
    himawara106himawara106 Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

I like all your worlds but my sims get stuck in your highrises (I play with Twallan Mods) and this causes lag. They are trapped on the main floor inside the dark rooms.

Why is this and what can I do to change this?
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

I like all your worlds but my sims get stuck in your highrises (I play with Twallan Mods) and this causes lag. They are trapped on the main floor inside the dark rooms.

This is just a "bug" that happens with any rooms with the hidden marker in them. Sims can get stuck in them for some reason. This can happen in any world. Try resetting the sims that you find stuck or you can cheat, go into build mode, type "moveobjects on" and move the sim.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    happyjme wrote:
    Hi,

This is just a "bug" that happens with any rooms with the hidden marker in them. Sims can get stuck in them for some reason. This can happen in any world. Try resetting the sims that you find stuck or you can cheat, go into build mode, type "moveobjects on" and move the sim.

Thank you for replying - I wasn't quite sure what to say to address the issue!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    happyjme wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But is there a more permanent solution to this, so that the sims don't get stuck? Would it help to remove all the hidden markers? I might try that and report back.
  • Options
    EbakEbak Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2012
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Oh I must have forgot that one - I had one in Anne Arbor - whoops! Thanks for bringing it to my attention - I will try and get a new one up soon :)

Thank you! It's nice to see a developer who is not afraid to admit they may have made a mistake and seek to correct it. Storybrook is one of my favorite worlds.

If I may make a suggestion?...Maybe add a more 'variety' of empty lot sizes. I wanted to migrate my home from my previous city to Storybrooke, but there's no 40x40 spaces on the town side. This is just a suggestion, lovely work on the world. ^^

Edit: Wow...just over 24 hours after my comment and you've already created and uploaded a private venue, my compliments to such a quick and awesome job!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I will certainly take into consideration the 40x40 lot size - I have been trying to have more of those available and will definitely look at that when I modify Storybrook to hopefully accompany a section of 64x64 lots.

As for a permanent solution, you can try and remove the hidden room markers - I would be curious to know if that helps. Is it a particular building you are having issues with or just all of them in general?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Is it a particular building you are having issues with or just all of them in general?

The problem comes up in the residential highrise buildings.
  • Options
    Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited December 2012
    Okay I found your world thru the finished worlds sticky. Anyways went and downloaded it and of course it didnt work. I didn;t realize there was an issue with worlds being broken since I don't build or work with them very often. Anyways followed your Installation help and Wah LA! I now have your world.

I will be trying out as I type!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Glad you got it working! :)

So this is happening in all skyscrapers then?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    SimRealtor wrote:
    So this is happening in all skyscrapers then?

The sims get stuck in the black area of the residential skyscrapers, where the hidden room markers are placed. It happened in some of them but I can't tell you which exactly since I haven't played again in this world. But it's a problem with all buildings who happen to have the hidden room markers. Just noticed that in your worlds it happens quite often. I use the overwatch mod from Twallan - you can try this yourself. There are options that let you show stuck sims in the world.
  • Options
    lovemissmarylovemissmary Posts: 5
    edited December 2012
    Hello there,
    I am currently new to using a Mac and while it may also seem that I'm new to thesims3 I've been here for the past three years. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you knew how to install a world into a MAC?
    I've been suffering for the past two days, googling, searching, and whatnot to try to find an answer for myself. This is probably my last resort and I'm hoping that mysimrealty or any of you really, could help me.

Any sort of help is appreciated.

I don't have a GameData file, nor a Share file, nor a Nonpackaged file and certainly not a Worlds File. Or at least, I can't find it.

Thank you so much,
    Have a nice day.
  • Options
    ChajaMarakChajaMarak Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I love your creations!

It's hard to cose between Storybrook County or Ann Arbour.

Is there a 64x64 Lot neer the Water in Storybrook County? I would love to have someting like that für my main family.
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello there:

Recently when I played this world, I ran into a problem where I'm having a lot of mini freeze ups that made the game unplayable. I installed the latest versions of ErrorTrap and Overwatch and ErrorTrap kept popping up all sorts of unknown script errors constantly. By the way, I have the latest patch and latest mods. Since installing those mods, the world kind of ran better with the exception of those error messages. What is up with this? Also, one of the clubs in downtown, I can't remember which one, the walls constantly flash which is rather annoying too.