Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Machinima - The Fray - You Found Me

Comments

• Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited July 2009
    Your filmaking ability is amzing, I loved it when it loved up on your cvharacters eyes and they opened, also the girl walking past the doorway. I love it. I notice with your videos you almost always have someone jup across a building or in this case jump off. How did you do it.

Anyway fabulous job, I don't have a youtube account so I can only post here :thumbup:
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow. :shock: As far as machinima making skills go, you are in a class all by yourself. That was truly amazing. I first saw your other video (Dr.Doodad and the Nosy Neighbor) when you posted it in GFAQs a while back. When that video made it to the finals, I made sure I voted for you. Awesome job. :thumbup:
  • Options
    baconandeggziebaconandeggzie Posts: 78 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Most of my jumps are done with floor tiles spanning two buildings. In sims 2 ceilings were invisible until apartment life. In the sims 2, you gotta do it outside on grass so ceiling tiles don't show up underneath.

The plummet in the Fray video is done by having my insane sim play in the sprinkler in his regular clothes, and then right when he's about to jump across the sprinkler, I moved him to the room and positioned him at the edge.

Yeah I do a lot of roof jumping and stuff, I guess it's my affinity to parkour.
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2009
    That was so so so so good. Incredible storyline and so professionally done. I truly enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    Nevar530Nevar530 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited July 2009
    beathtaking.... i am blownaway by the pure skill in that one.
  • Options
    iJarediJared Posts: 87 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That was actually really incredible, I never really got into all these music video stories but that one actually mean't something.
    Well done.
    :)

• Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    *baconandeggzie, you're putting my work to shame! Stop it*

Very well done. Really brilliant - makes my movies look like crap! I still can't figure out the CTRL + 5 thing...

... any tips for a fellow machinima artist?

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks everyone! Glad you guys like it!

Mmyoko - Just spend lots of time testing things and trying out new stuff. I don't really play the game for gameplay sake, but I do spend lots of time just messing around, trying to make new shots, figuring how to coax different actions out of the Sims.

I've been hearing that some people are having problems with the camera presets.
    Just make sure you are in first person mode (sims 2 had presets in 1st person and regular camera mode, sims 3 doesn't). ctrl+(5-9) saves the current camera angle. and then move the camera around. Press the number you saved to snap back to the angle that was saved. If that doesn't work, I hate to say, but your game may be broken in that aspect.
  • Options
    AnimagaAnimaga Posts: 548 New Member
    edited July 2009
    A-F'reakin'-Mazing ~_^. I do mean that. I was really impressed. I'll for sure be looking for more machinima tagged to your name, Sir!

~Animaga ^_^
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So first person mode is in tab, right?

I must be doing something wrong I couldn't do it in TS2 either...

- Mmyoko out.

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Awesome! Yeah keep an eye out for my next film! Planning to start filming on my next one. It's going to be a 180 from the Fray vid. Going to be lighthearted and fun!

Mmyoko, yeah. Tab mode, where the UI disappears, is the mode you gotta be in for it to work.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So then I hold CTRL and 5...
    ... and when I move the camera away and I press 5 it should zoom to that area?

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, set up your shot the way you want it.

press and hold ctrl, then while doing that, press 5.

then move the camera

press 5.

It should snap to the preset. If it doesn't, I don't know what to do from there.
  • Options
    Chase_PaynceChase_Paynce Posts: 1,613 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, set up your shot the way you want it.

press and hold ctrl, then while doing that, press 5.

then move the camera

press 5.

It should snap to the preset. If it doesn't, I don't know what to do from there.
    How did you extend testing cheats to do some animations?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks! Very helpful.

Well seeing as I've got a weekend with no Sims (I'm already having withdrawals) I'll start writing some machinima ideas and gathering hints and tips. I have a few ideas in mind.

Also want to find a hack that removes the cartoon aspects - such as the Z's and so on...

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Chase_Paynce I'm sorry but I feel like I need to drive a wooden stake into your avatar's heart.

Baconandeggzie what program do you use to edit?

- Mmyoko out.

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Chase_Paynce - http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3ToolsForum/index.php?topic=125.0
    That's the mod that makes testingcheatsenabled so much more extended.

Mmyoko - I got you covered on the mods you need

No Zzz's - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343247

No fight cloud or slap stars - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=346507

No music notes on guitars - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=346508

I use Sony Vegas 8.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks baconandeggzie! Bookmarked!

Does Sony Vegas 8 allow you to do a split screen by any chance. Project I'm working on requires me to split it into several squares...

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    ducksimwickducksimwick Posts: 254 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Amazing job baconandeggzie. :-)
    Loved the video. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Amazing job baconandeggzie. :-)
    Loved the video. :mrgreen:

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hey baconandeggzie how much is Sony Vegas.

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey Eggz, it's Dethro from YouTube ;)

Glad to see there's another movie up, I'll definitely have to watch this one as well. I see you're in TX, where abouts? Maybe you can show me in person what I was asking about in my youtube message. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You can get a stripped down version for about 50 dollars, called Sony Vegas Movie Studio. The version I have was 500 bucks which is the pro version.

Dethro, I sent you some info on youtube about resolution changing.
  • Options
    Charlie369Charlie369 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ingenius! And I'm Not only saying that because this is one of my favourite songs. Great Plot + amazing camera angles. No wonder you got 5 stars on youtube for that video. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Dante11111Dante11111 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Amazing machinima!

Well done Bacon.