The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eating Contests are lethal

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited December 2012
    There is a lifetime reward for 5000 points that I think might help. :D It will be one with food pictures on it.
  • Options
    misspiggy555misspiggy555 Posts: 139
    edited December 2012
    I had this problem when one of my Sims first entered a eating contest, and I just dragged the hunger up, easy fix. But if you don't like to use the cheats, the two 5,000 Lifetime Rewards that came with seasons, one is something to do with eating contests, that seemed to solve the problem. So this problem has an easy fix,.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited December 2012
    lmlena wrote:
    wistfool wrote:
    So has anyone been able to save their sim by using a cheat and dragging their hunger level to green?

Yes, I was able to do this with a sim. I had him do an eating contest not long after I had first gotten Seasons and I noticed his hunger bar was rapidly falling. One of the mods I have always has testing cheats enabled (thankfully!), so I was able to quickly drag his hunger bar back up, saving him from the brink of death! I'm not sure if this is a huge glitch or not, but it's not fun.

This /\

I keep my cheat open.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2012
    wistfool wrote:
    Oh, man, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier. My self-sim just expired that way when I was playing last night. Luckily my parent-sims' career choices mean that they have the skills to get to ambrosia, but it's just a big inconvenience for everyone involved.

So has anyone been able to save their sim by using a cheat and dragging their hunger level to green?

Yup. I had to pause the game, use the resetSim cheat to keep her from dying, then drag the bar back to green. Very close moment :(
  • Options
    tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sorry for your loss. It seems right though because they just brought all their food back up when they get sick. Although I've seen my hunger meter go down while they are eating. In a way it's nice to see more ways to die because it is very hard to die. I started playing before Windows 7 came out and have all expansion packs and I've only ever had four deaths total.