Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What folder has installed sims3pack CC?

I just updated my game and moved the my documents TS3 folder to the desktop and moved it back over. I must have missed a folder and didn't put it back in since none of my installed CC shows up in the launcher or in game. I still have the folders backed up so I can just add it back in. ^_^

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2012
    General CC installed from Sims3Packs via the launcher go into the *.ebc files in the DCCache folder. Lots installed this way go into the Library folder, Sims go into the Saved Sims Folder and worlds go into the Installed Worlds folder.

Err...all of this assumes you are on windows. I have no idea how it works for Mac users.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow, looks like there were a few files that didn't get moved over! I only have one .ebc file in the game folder but my backup has several.

Also, do you know where the settings are stored? My game is still asking me to do tutorials, fix resolution, etc.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2012
    A lot of the settings and options are stored in the Options.ini file in the root The Sims 3 directory (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3). If there is another place where other options are stored, I don't know.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited November 2012
    rinirae wrote:
    Wow, looks like there were a few files that didn't get moved over! I only have one .ebc file in the game folder but my backup has several.

Also, do you know where the settings are stored? My game is still asking me to do tutorials, fix resolution, etc.

There may be an ini file somewhere with settings; if there is I don't know it. But if you go into your game options and just set everything there, including not having lessons enabled, etc, then you should be set with your settings. :D
  • Options
    riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much for the help guys! :D