Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Few Questions

If an alien has kids do they have a 100% chance of their children inheriting their powers/abilities? And what can raise the chances of an alien visiting your lot? Can male AND female sims be impregnated by aliens?

Comments

• Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Also how do you upgrade an alien spaceship?
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited November 2012
    Erm. Ok. I'm going to have a go here, but it might not be completely right.

1) If an Alien has kids do they have a 100% chance of their children inheriting their powers/abilities?

It works similar to genetics in real life. If the Alien had a child with another Alien then the offspring would be 100% Alien. But if the Alien had a child with a human sim then it is 50% chance that the child will inherit Alien characteristics and this child will be 50% Alien and 50% Human Sim. Then if they have woohoo with a full Alien, their child is 75% Alien and 25% Human Sim (I THINK). If you choose to breed out the Alien then over the generations they would have less and less similarities or characteristics to Aliens, but if you choose to breed them in then over the generations they will have more and more Alien characteristics. Does this make sense?

2) What can raise the chances of an Alien visiting your lot?

I think its random. But it might be a certain season (I've seen 2 aliens and they were during late Fall and early-mid Winter) and if a sim is stargazing. They don't have to be stargazing to be abducted. My elder female got abducted by simply being curious enough to investigate the coloured lights in her garden.

3) Can male AND female sims be impregnated by Aliens?

Yes. :D

4) How do you upgrade an Alien spaceship?

They have to be very high in the mechanical skill. I think about level 9 or 10. They can also upgrade the waterproof umbrellas to have glow in the dark sticks.

Hope this helps!
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you very much! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Another quick question, what do powers/abilities do aliens have?
  • Options
    ShaggyswifeShaggyswife Posts: 60 New Member
    edited November 2012
    so far I've noticed they can abduct their neighbors, bio drain/bio boost a sim. probe (which i found my male human sim could also do this but only after he had been abducted)
    they can scan objects, and use meteros for brain powers and also repair objects with their minds :)

that's all I've discovered so far anyway
  • Options
    xpaintitblack7xxpaintitblack7x Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited November 2012
    This will answer all your questions :)

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/seasons/aliens.php