May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no one ever works my concession stands

I have the festival park and all activities but there is never anyone working in my concession stands.. Anyone else having this trouble?

Comments

• Options
    MichelleSouliaMichelleSoulia Posts: 44
    edited November 2012
    The people at my stands have a tendency to wonder around the festival lot. Usually though if you go up and want to redeem tickets or buy food someone will show up to serve you.

(Unless of course they have a medical emergency and almost die like one of mine did... He went home after my world renowned surgeon saved him.)
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited November 2012

(Unless of course they have a medical emergency and almost die like one of mine did... He went home after my world renowned surgeon saved him.)

Awwww..how fun is that! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited November 2012
    Are you using any mods? Twallan released new versions of Register and Errortrap last night.
  • Options
    tiffedge76tiffedge76 Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had removed all mods but I will redownload the Register one. For some reason, this has always been an issue for me with no one at the consignment store and now the concession stands. Thanks for letting me know about the update.
  • Options
    Namiras03Namiras03 Posts: 47 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it. When I click on the stand it's like if it's close.
  • Options
    avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. No one at the registers. :cry: I wanna treat.
    B)
  • Options
    TebowTebow Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure you've already considered this, but are you sure you're visiting during Festival hours? The venue can be accessed 24/7, but the workers are on the clock. Try visiting at different times of day... I hope its as simple as this.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    My mods was updated after the update... yet at some festivals there is no worker at any time... and not on the lot... not at the stand... it was the spring fest and there was only the kissing boot people....
    wondering about a fix... is it a npc... or a job less townie (like the cash registre)? becouse if it is the last I could just start every season with ploping down a new YA if I'm missing workers at the festival... that be a fresh blod to the town operation.... :lol:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    missthestopsignmissthestopsign Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem. I solved it by adding a new house to my town. I'm in winter now and I've had to do it for every season so far to get one concession stand to have an employee running it. I did try putting down two houses the one season, but still only got one concession stand to have someone running it. But one is better than none.
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hmm that's strange. I always have at least one person at a stand. I have noticed that mostly the retired sims are being picked to run the stands. I just got out of the game and I had a young adult at the stand. I guess she doesn't have a job since I took my mods out.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    That does sound like adding new YA sims in the night before the festival opens will solv it... aperently my mod just give sims a job to quickly..... Thats work able....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2012
    they are open at 8am till 9pm, are you going inbetween these hours?

in my custom world the people running the stands and consignment store are part of the neighbourhood, normally they pick sims without any career's are all your sims employed in your town?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    most my are... Twallan mods is set to push...
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:

you should use the register mod, and set it to immigrate people to work the booths.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    anettesb wrote:

you should use the register mod, and set it to immigrate people to work the booths.

hmm thats an option... I look in to it... thanks
  • Options
    ZackbradZackbrad Posts: 86 Member
    edited December 2012
    ok can someone please help me with this? it usually says when i hover my mouse over it that it's open from 12:00am-12:00am but that doesn't even make any sense! because that would mean that no one is ever at the concession stand! can someone please help me? :?:

PS. sorry about that bump. i didnt know that this thread was not being looked at for a month :?
    OriginID: bradleymee
    giphy.gif
    Holler if you're ready for some summer nights.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Zackbrad, it's ok. I had this problem for a while in Hidden Springs, (but no where else) and I think it's because HS is one of the smaller worlds that probably doesn't have as may jobless/homeless sims. What solved my problem, well, for one stand anyways, was to import random sims into the town from my library. These sims are jobless and the game will eventually 'push' at least one them into working at the register. It took me about 2 sim weeks for this to happen though, so don't worry if the process takes a little time. Hope this works for you! :D
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    tiffedge76 wrote:
    I have the festival park and all activities but there is never anyone working in my concession stands.. Anyone else having this trouble?

I have the same problem. :?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    Zackbrad wrote:
    ok can someone please help me with this? it usually says when i hover my mouse over it that it's open from 12:00am-12:00am but that doesn't even make any sense! because that would mean that no one is ever at the concession stand! can someone please help me? :?:

PS. sorry about that bump. i didnt know that this thread was not being looked at for a month :?

That would mean it's open 24 hours -- the bookstore and grocery stores are, but I think the festival only operates from 8am-9pm (at least it does in my game) -- the stuff is all still there but the registers are closed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ZackbradZackbrad Posts: 86 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Sadiestar :) i'll try that. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
    OriginID: bradleymee
    giphy.gif
    Holler if you're ready for some summer nights.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited December 2012
    This happens to me as well. What has worked for me was at the beginning of each season going into Edit Town and bulldozing the festival lot, then, replacing it on the same lot. This will spawn some workers to work the concession stand. But, it has to be done every season.

I have downloaded Twallan's register based on some of the posts in this thread, hopefully, that will work better.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just ran into this problem Barnacle Bay in the winter.
    My Sim really wanted some hot chocolate too :(
    Did a search in google & found this thread.
    Have 2 more days for winter so importing homeless sims won't work for me.
    Extremely disappointed. BTW is there some unspoken rule that we shouldn't post on older threads ?
    UPDATE:
    Just bulldozed the festival grounds & replaced it, but still no concession stand workers :(
  • Options
    NameGaniNameGani Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2013
    I also have this issue and it is very irritating.

Every season I have to add new housing to spawn festival food vendors and 3/4ths of the way through the season they decide to quit and start another job ("I'm tired of working concessions, I'm going to become a hermit and paint for a living!")! So housing that is supposed to be for townies my sim family knows and interacts with goes to immigrated workers who won't stay at their jobs.

I do run Twallan's Master Controller and Story Progression so I'll check into Register.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2013
    NameGani wrote:
    I also have this issue and it is very irritating.

Every season I have to add new housing to spawn festival food vendors and 3/4ths of the way through the season they decide to quit and start another job ("I'm tired of working concessions, I'm going to become a hermit and paint for a living!")! So housing that is supposed to be for townies my sim family knows and interacts with goes to immigrated workers who won't stay at their jobs.

I do run Twallan's Master Controller and Story Progression so I'll check into Register.
    Just solved my issue, got twallans register mod & place some empty homes in the world.
    After I did this, my sim was at the festival & two sims came up with the uniform on to man the concession stand.
    I think both of these efforts worked together to solve the problem. Because there were no empty homes in my neighborhood so no one could move in. After placing the empty homes, the mod then supplied the sims. Not sure if I didn't get the mod if the game would have done that or not, it may have. Understand what you are saying about the empty homes going to immigrants who won't stay on their jobs. Those naughty sims should be grounded for life ! :) But seriously I stopped building homes in my neighborhood because of that. Not like there's a lot of space to put them anyway.
    Sad it has to be done every season. If I run into this problem next season the concession stands may have to stay unmanned.

Hope this helps you.