Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pros and Cons of Supernatural

I haven't bought an expansion in quite a while and I am contemplating between Supernatural and Seasons. :mrgreen: Supernatural interests me a bit more and I was wondering for those of you who have Supernatural, what you think the benefits are and what you think the drawbacks are... :D

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited November 2012
    Supernatural is the best expansion so far in my opinion. :thumbup:
    For me it is much better than Seasons.
    You will get new Town with this expansion an many new objects. :thumbup:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't have Seasons yet, but I really do love what Supernatural has added to my game.

The town, Moonlight Falls, has quite a bit of space that you have room to add what ever you want to it. I love the style of clothing it has added as well.

Here is a link that will show you everything that is included with this EP.

http://issuu.com/simsvip/docs/simsvip_supernatural_game_guide
  • Options
    JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2012
    Supernatural has loads of content and things to do. Even till now, im still discovering new stuffs with Supernatural.
    I haven't bought Seasons yet but it already seems to be so lacking in content, almost like Generations. That's why I'm waiting for next week's sale to see if I can get Seasons for a lower price.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited November 2012
    I too, don't have seasons (yet), BUT given the changing weather, and mostly cause I haven't read up on it, but seems it'd be hard for me to say anything about pros and/or cons and/or compare Supernatural to Seasons...
    Who knows, Seasons could very well add far more excitement to the game then Supernatural does/ could...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited November 2012
    Why choose? Why not both?
  • Options
    KelliEllieKelliEllie Posts: 520 New Member
    edited November 2012
    i acctually bought supernatural for the content because ive never been extremely interested in playing the different creatures that come with the Expansion packs. However I began messing around with it the other day and I have really really enjoyed it. I'm playing a witch right now and I love the Elixers. Its extremely time consuming though. Another thing is unless you buy that special book from the store the only way you can level up your witchy powers is to cast spells and just stand around creating apples and playing with magic which lowers your power bar if you do it all in a row.

Another thing that drives me nuts is that you cant turn off Zombies they will be there no matter what eating up your garden and such. so buy a fence and the way the lights all begin to have a green glow during the full moon.

I think it was worth the buy though it adds so much to your game.

I bought seasons today and haven't really got to see much from it yet. So I dont know what to tell you about that. My advice would be to buy one of them now and perhaps Santa will bring you the other one =)
  • Options
    IdealDevotionIdealDevotion Posts: 66 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I played 9 sims days so far. I installed both seasons and supernatural at the same time. I hardly scratched the surface on seasons and the only part of supernatural I've even touched was starting my family in moonlight falls, which I think is really quite a boring town. I think there is probably more gameplay in supernatural, though. But seasons.. Ahhh, so pretty the weather is! :lol:
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited November 2012
    I love..love..love..love...love Supernatural :lol::lol::lol:. I didn't see any drawbacks, even if I see it (like sparkling vampire) I will easily dismiss it :P. I even like zombies in my game. I wish it will spawn more in my town during the Spooky Day :twisted:.

I like season too. It has many activities but it's lack in new contents/items. The weather effects are so amazing though :thumbup:
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't have Seasons, but I have Supernatural. The new lifestates are incredible, and add so much variety to the game! The revamped vampires are just great -- I love the new choices provided. They really expand on storytelling options. And the multitude of new items add so much flavor! I love being able to fly on a broom. And the options to toadify sims, too! And the variety of alchemical potions is a massive game-changer, too. I'm enjoying the fairies most of all, but I suppose my username makes that plain. They're so tricky and cheerful, and I love being able to fly! Plus, the tiny 'pixie form' is so cute and useful! There's also a teleporting phonebooth that's great for fast travelling between booths. And I just love the magic wardrobe! It's definitely worth a buy, if you ask me.