Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

newegg confermations

has anyone heard from Newegg yet? Just wondering i haven't had anything from them yet :cry: .

Comments

• Options
    ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I was actually coming on here to ask the same question. I'm going to call them in a few and ask what's going on. I'll let you know what they say.

30 minutes later...
    Devin: Thank you for holding. Upon checking, I show that the pre-order# has not been transferred to a normal order. The pre-order should be transferred to a normal one once the item is in stock. The pre-order which was placed first will be transferred first when the item is in stock. Please also note that the released date is offered by the supplier and it is a reference date without any guarantee. Once it is transferred to a normal order, we will process it within 1-2 business days prior to shipping. I will send a request to our related department to check the order status for you. We will follow you up via email once we received the feedback.

ME
    : So I will not be getting it tomorrow even though that's what it guaranteed when I ordered it?

Devin
    : It will take us 1-2 business days to process the order once the item is in stock.

Devin
    : You will receive an email once the order is transferred to a normal order.

Devin: Is there anything else I can help you with?

ME
    : Is there anyway to cancel this order then, and get my money back or is it too late?

Devin: I could try to cancel this order if you would like. We have not charged you on this order.

ME: Please do.

Devin
    : One moment please...

Devin: Thank you for holding. I have sent a request to our related department to cancel this pre-order. We will contact you back once the order is canceled.

ME: No that's it. Thank you for helping.

So basically if you wait for Newegg, You might get it by the end of the week, you might not.

The reason why I cancelled my order is because there's a gamestop right up the street from me and I can still pre-order today and get it at midnight. I'm trading money for time.

I hope this helps.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited November 2012
    As of Saturday, my Seasons was still showing up as a pre-order and my credit card hadn't been charged. I was very irked. I cancelled my pre-order and got confirmation that my pre-order was cancelled which confirmed the fact that Newegg hadn't processed my order and that meant no way was I going to get it Tuesday.

After cancelling Newegg, I pre-ordered the direct download through Origin. At the way Newegg was going I wouldn't have seen the game until late this week.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I just edited my OP with the live chat convo.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I was actually coming on here to ask the same question. I'm going to call them in a few and ask what's going on. I'll let you know what they say.

30 minutes later...
    Devin: Thank you for holding. Upon checking, I show that the pre-order# has not been transferred to a normal order. The pre-order should be transferred to a normal one once the item is in stock. The pre-order which was placed first will be transferred first when the item is in stock. Please also note that the released date is offered by the supplier and it is a reference date without any guarantee. Once it is transferred to a normal order, we will process it within 1-2 business days prior to shipping. I will send a request to our related department to check the order status for you. We will follow you up via email once we received the feedback.

ME
    : So I will not be getting it tomorrow even though that's what it guaranteed when I ordered it?

Devin
    : It will take us 1-2 business days to process the order once the item is in stock.

Devin

ME
    : Is there anyway to cancel this order then, and get my money back or is it too late?

Devin: I could try to cancel this order if you would like. We have not charged you on this order.

Devin

Devin: Thank you for holding. I have sent a request to our related department to cancel this pre-order. We will contact you back once the order is canceled.

So basically if you wait for Newegg, You might get it by the end of the week, you might not.

The reason why I cancelled my order is because there's a gamestop right up the street from me and I can still pre-order today and get it at midnight. I'm trading money for time.

I hope this helps.

You just confirmed what I suspected. Newegg really dropped the ball on this.

I don't think it was EA that dropped the ball because there apparently are no other snags with GameStop, Origin, etc. I have a pretty fast internet connection at home and that is why I went the direct download. Otherwise I would be going to Best Buy or GameStop on Tuesday morning.

Thanks for checking on this. For what it's worth, I got my Newegg cancellation preorder confirmation within 30 minutes of cancelling my order.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

30 minutes later...

ME

Devin

Devin

ME

Devin

I hope this helps.

You just confirmed what I suspected. Newegg really dropped the ball on this.

I don't think it was EA that dropped the ball because there apparently are no other snags with GameStop, Origin, etc. I have a pretty fast internet connection at home and that is why I went the direct download. Otherwise I would be going to Best Buy or GameStop on Tuesday morning.

Thanks for checking on this. For what it's worth, I got my Newegg cancellation preorder confirmation within 30 minutes of cancelling my order.

I'm still waiting. If I don't get it by 1pm I'm calling.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I would suggest cancelling your order online. I wouldn't rely upon their customer service.

I feel your pain. I was really miffed on Saturday when I saw that my preorder was still a preorder and no shipping and no credit card charge. I will never order through Newegg again.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @cherid87120

How did you find your pre-order status online? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I have the original e-mail, but when I'm on Newegg I can't see it.

Edit

Nvm. They had just confirmed my order when I told them to cancel it. I found it in the order history then cancelled it. Ugh!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @cherid87120

How did you find your pre-order status online? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I have the original e-mail, but when I'm on Newegg I can't see it.

Edit

Nvm. They had just confirmed my order when I told them to cancel it. I found it in the order history then cancelled it. Ugh!

The pain in the Butt is that you have to search your orders but select orders placed 120 days or older to get it to show up. Like I said I will never pre-order from NewEgg again. I am glad you caught this soon enough to preorder from Gamestop.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited November 2012
    They told me i hadn't ordered it even though I was reading my printout of the order to them. So I went and preordered the DD from origin and just now I have received e-mails stating that my card has been charged and my game will ship in 24 hours,grrrr.

I've never had a problem with them before and I'm not sure what to do. Keep both or cancel one.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    momboqueen wrote:
    They told me i hadn't ordered it even though I was reading my printout of the order to them. So I went and preordered the DD from origin and just now I have received e-mails stating that my card has been charged and my game will ship in 24 hours,grrrr.

I've never had a problem with them before and I'm not sure what to do. Keep both or cancel one.

Depends on how soon you want to play it. If you were to get rid of one I'd choose Newegg. Atleast you get the extra costumes with Origin.
    @cherid87120

Edit

The pain in the Butt is that you have to search your orders but select orders placed 120 days or older to get it to show up. Like I said I will never pre-order from NewEgg again. I am glad you caught this soon enough to preorder from Gamestop.

So am I. Like you I'm never going to pre-order from Newegg again.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    momboqueen wrote:

If you end up with both, you can easily sell the hard copy from Newegg for $35-$36 on e-bay (include shipping in the sale price). You will break even.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I only paid 30.00 with Newegg and no shipping. which was,is a great price. Lol what a worry wart i'm being I'll just do both then I'll have my disc if anything ever happens.
  • Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    edited November 2012
    well I ordered with the same deal and I got my confirmation that is shipped at 8:29 this morning. Its coming from NJ so if its not here tomorrow it will be here the next day. Newegg is really good. I've never had them drop the ball yet. I hadn't been charged this morning yet so I called their customer service this morning and checked with the automated service and it said that it wasn't shipping 4 1-2 days . they always say that but Newegg has very fast shipping and handling no matter what you choose. I have always gotten it either the day of or the day after depending on when THEY get the game. Don't worry you'll get it.
  • Options
    jagravesjagraves Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2012
    While I was told the same (my order could take 4 days, etc.), I have received a shipping notice and will probably get the game tomorrow or Wednesday. And waiting until Wednesday is just fine seeing as how I, too, paid only 29.99 for the game (with no shipping costs).

And newegg is usually pretty good about getting pre-ordered games out on time.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I like them as a company I order quite a few things from them I probably got a hold of the wrong rep this morning and she made me angry. Wish I had waited a bit to call. Oh well, but on the bright side I will have my game tomorrow after all.
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited November 2012
    liam
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited November 2012
    I got my shipping info around 8 am this morning. I will have the game tomorrow night or wednesday. :D