Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ok wait, how does the date match up with the seasons?

we can set it to 28 days max? ... but my question is .. does that mean we have 4 days go by ..in one sim day. . or does it count 28 actually days and we can have a Halloween in spring?

sorry to sound dumb, but i never did play the sims 2 .. so i was wondering how this worked out.

Comments

• Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited November 2012
    Your second guess was right :)

It's 28 days in length of one season till the next one. So at the start of summer you'll play through 28 days till autumn unless you've cancelled that one to start :)
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2012
    his first nor his second guess is correct. 1 sim day is just that 1 sim day. if the season lasts 28 sim days then that means you have summer for 28 sim days. spooky day only happens in the fall. point blank period. the fall festival cooresponds with that season, and on the last day of each season is the holiday is celebrated. so this means, if you play on a normal lifespan you might not want to set each season to 28 sim days. I play normal lately, with 1 day for infant, 7 days for toddler, 14 days child, 14 days teen, 30 days for ya and adult, and 17 days for elder. with those settings, an YA or Adults lifespan is only 30 days, they would age up at the next season. so in theory they'd only live thru 2 and a half seasons. So you will have to decide how long you want your sims to live, and how long you want each season to be.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2012
    orkhid22 wrote:
    his first nor his second guess is correct. 1 sim day is just that 1 sim day. if the season lasts 28 sim days then that means you have summer for 28 sim days. spooky day only happens in the fall. point blank period. the fall festival cooresponds with that season, and on the last day of each season is the holiday is celebrated. so this means, if you play on a normal lifespan you might not want to set each season to 28 sim days. I play normal lately, with 1 day for infant, 7 days for toddler, 14 days child, 14 days teen, 30 days for ya and adult, and 17 days for elder. with those settings, an YA or Adults lifespan is only 30 days, they would age up at the next season. so in theory they'd only live thru 2 and a half seasons. So you will have to decide how long you want your sims to live, and how long you want each season to be.

i play on epic lol ..
    i guess that will mess it up

but how does the days mix with seasons.. can i not go over 112 ? (28 x 4)
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2012
    turistas9 wrote:
    orkhid22 wrote:

i play on epic lol ..
    i guess that will mess it up

but how does the days mix with seasons.. can i not go over 112 ? (28 x 4)

sunshine just like in the real world the seasons start again. so for example first is summer for 28 days, then its fall for 28days, then its winter for 28 days, then its spring for 28 days, then its summer for 28 days, then its fall for 28 days, then its winter for 28 days, then its spring for 28 days.. do you get it? otherwise in real life we'd all have died YEARS ago, as you are projecting sims to. the seasons just continue, and at the specified time you selected. I use to play on epic, now thats just too long. I will adjust the lifespan of my sims though. I think i might increase every age to 30 days with the exception of toddlers and infants and set seasons at 7 days. So that each lifestage gets to really enjoy the seasons.