Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any magazines hiring?

I am looking to work with an established magazine team. I have worked with two other magazines before. Unfortunately all of my hard work went to waste with both magazines as they never got published. I have wanted to work for a magazine for a long time. I am a huge fan of reading them. I can't wait until my favorites come out with new issues. It is always exciting to see new talented builders, CC creators. And to hear from older builders as well. But that isnt all that I like. I love the layout of them, The fun and quirky articles, and the many tutorials that most of them have to offer. I have to admit that I have always been a bit jealous of those who could edit photos in such a way.. I am horrible at editing photos. I prefer to build, decorate, create sims, and write. I have taken some pretty awesome pictures in the past as well. There are some examples of my work in my blog, I chose to post my work there because I am quite confident that my work will never see the light of day waiting to be published. I wanted someone to see my work. I couldnt get my photos off of the magazine site that i belong to, saddly that thread has been locked.

here is a link to my blog, please feel free to check it out. Even if you're not a magazine that is hiring. Maybe you are just someone passing by... I still want people to read my work. Feel free to comment as well. :)

also constructive criticism is welcomed.

my blog

Comments

• Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited November 2012
    Bumping this to the first page because it was burried and not yet read. :)
  • Options
    PaubloPowersPaubloPowers Posts: 900 Member
    edited November 2012
    I really think you should not even include the bad dating advise

you should just do, "do's" & donts"
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Thanks for the input. It was an asignment that i had to do, write an editorial on blind dating. giving good advice and bad advice.. I chose to write the bad advice as comically as i could. However I believe that the good advice is acctually really good advice, though a bit heavy for a sims magazine. Which is why i chose to "silly" it up a bit with the bad advice. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    godshelpio wrote:

Thanks for the input. It was an asignment that i had to do, write an editorial on blind dating. giving good advice and bad advice.. I chose to write the bad advice as comically as i could. However I believe that the good advice is acctually really good advice, though a bit heavy for a sims magazine. Which is why i chose to "silly" it up a bit with the bad advice. :)

its a shame because im looking for a couple people to write on my sites blog! (siggy)
    but not about fashion or dating lol
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    godshelpio wrote:

its a shame because im looking for a couple people to write on my sites blog! (siggy)

Those were only two examples of my writting. I lost all my other writting when i had to replace my computer. I have done many reviews on store content, and stuff packs. As well as some photography, and some ads. although my photo editing skills are very weak.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    godshelpio wrote:
    godshelpio wrote:

Those were only two examples of my writting. I lost all my other writting when i had to replace my computer. I have done many reviews on store content, and stuff packs. As well as some photography, and some ads. although my photo editing skills are very weak.

well hey if you are interested visit the site http://thesims3realestate.weebly.com/
    and in the middle of the page
    3874405.png?300

click the picture and you can send your writing there