Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graveyard help, Where are all my Dead People?

Ok, I know more than 2 people have died in my neighborhood, but so far thats all that has shown up at the graveyard to manage. Shouldn't their tombstones be at the graveyard once they die? I want to fill up my graveyard with the neighbors who have passed, but so far it's not working out. I have all of the expansion packs and all but 2 of the stuff packs. I don't have the 2 new stuff packs, but I don't think that would matter. I don't download anything unless it's from the Sim Store. Any ideas? Or is this a glitch?

Comments

• Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited November 2012
    Stupid question, was your sim/s aquanted/ friends with said sim(s) who died?

I know if you are 'friends' with a sim, when they die our sim gets a memory/ notice of their death. I don't remember/ recall with merely aquanted sims... I know sims your sim don't 'know' when they die they have NO grave stone/s at the cemetary for you to place/ manage... I think and it may be restricted to those your sims are 'friends' with.

I know it's a stupid question but best to ask then to just assume. When you assume you make an ____ out of you and me lol (____ = 3 letter word for one's back side)
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    bglissonbglisson Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2012
    I believe the first people to die where the Van Goth kids from the Super EP. I'm pretty sure the boy was a friend, but not sure. I will have to check and see if the family has a memory of it. Anyway, I wanted to check the dad Van Goth to see if the tombstones were in his inventory (he is now living with the supernatural friends) and they wren't in his inventory. So then I went to their empty house and I didn't see any tombstones there either...I seem to remember when I first got The Sims 3 all my neighbors ended up in the cemetary.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Please note, I word myself carefully as to not give bad/ wrong information as to not mislead you or give unknowingly wrong information... I KNOW for a fact that 'Friends' appear for you to Manage. I KNOW sims you AREN'T aquanted with DON'T appear for you to Manage. Just unsure as far as Aquanted-- but 80% sure they are like those you 'don't know'...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bglisson wrote:
    I believe the first people to die where the Van Goth kids from the Super EP. I'm pretty sure the boy was a friend, but not sure. I will have to check and see if the family has a memory of it. Anyway, I wanted to check the dad Van Goth to see if the tombstones were in his inventory (he is now living with the supernatural friends) and they wren't in his inventory. So then I went to their empty house and I didn't see any tombstones there either...I seem to remember when I first got The Sims 3 all my neighbors ended up in the cemetary.

You'll only find household members tombstones where said sim drops dead, others after Grim leave the tombstone disappears.
    UNLESS there is a glitch, if you WEREN'T friends with the boy, he WONT appear for to have a tombstone to Manage, most likely... IF, mind you. But again uncertain to a point about those sis you're merely aquanted with.

However if ANY of your household has/ got a memory of the boy of the Van Gould household dying he SHOULD have a grave for you to Manage. It IS a glitch if not. I know this much for certain.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the info,it's kind of silly they let you know they died, but then you can't put their tombstones in the graveyard..
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I'm gunna have to check their memories.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bglisson wrote:
    Thanks for the info,it's kind of silly they let you know they died, but then you can't put their tombstones in the graveyard..

=D :D Not a problem, any time, always happy to help where/ if able to ever in any way!
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have to go to work soon so I can't check my game now, but is my sim got a phone call and it said so and so is now morning the loss of so and so, should they have a memory?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mourning* lol
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bglisson wrote:
    I have to go to work soon so I can't check my game now, but is my sim got a phone call and it said so and so is now morning the loss of so and so, should they have a memory?

If nothing else that sims grave should be in the grave yard Cemetary for placing.. I'd think they will/ do have/ get a memory, yes.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    briansimpsonbriansimpson Posts: 82 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. I actually didn't even know that it was a problem to be honest. I'd never paid much attention to gravestones and names on them until SN. Branch Timbley died, and everyone in my household was friends with him. My female fairy was even "romantically involved" with him. But there's no grave marker at the cemetery for him. I sent my witch over to hopefully resurrect him, but no dice. I hadn't seen his ghost at all, but I tried to see if I could bind it with the philosopher's stone. He didn't show up as an option. My thoughts were that sometimes there's a ghost and sometimes not. And sometimes there's a gravestone and sometimes not. A werewolf friend of mine drowned a few sim-weeks later, and there was a gravestone for her. I was thinking it just depended on what the person's remaining relatives did with the grave marker.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. I actually didn't even know that it was a problem to be honest. I'd never paid much attention to gravestones and names on them until SN. Branch Timbley died, and everyone in my household was friends with him. My female fairy was even "romantically involved" with him. But there's no grave marker at the cemetery for him. I sent my witch over to hopefully resurrect him, but no dice. I hadn't seen his ghost at all, but I tried to see if I could bind it with the philosopher's stone. He didn't show up as an option. My thoughts were that sometimes there's a ghost and sometimes not. And sometimes there's a gravestone and sometimes not. A werewolf friend of mine drowned a few sim-weeks later, and there was a gravestone for her. I was thinking it just depended on what the person's remaining relatives did with the grave marker.

.. Yeah, what happened with/ to Branch Timbley has/ must be a glitch.

JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Actually thinking about the title of this topic-- now this actually crossed my mind as/ before checking out what the topic was ABOUT...

Graveyard help, Where are all my Dead People?

In Moonlight Falls in the Grave Yard I've noticed most (90-95%) of the graves register as 'remains' when you put the mouse over them... Says they've moved on... But so far in no other towns never seen/ heard of that..
    In Moonlight Falls there are like only 6 of the graves you can reanimate... I like in other towns raising sims, using sunlight charm then moving then in and out to repopulate the town with the formerly dead sims for giggles... But they deprive you of that thrill in Moonlight...

Anyone know if:

ALL sims who 'die' actually over time become mere 'remains' over time

or

If that's just a/ the thing with the Moonlight Falls?
    JrTlDGw.jpg