Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why was this taken down?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3676964

Why was that taken down, one of my homes on the Exchange that I uploaded. How does it violate any rules? I found it to be one of my best works (I'm not the best builder, I'm rubbish so I was pretty happy with it.)

Comments

• Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited November 2012
    munchiepoo wrote:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3676964

Why was that taken down, one of my homes on the Exchange that I uploaded. How does it violate any rules? I found it to be one of my best works (I'm not the best builder, I'm rubbish so I was pretty happy with it.)

Did your lot contain CC that was created by someone else?

From what I understand (after reading the ToU), that's considered theft of intellectual property and EA reserves the right to remove it. Hopefully that wasn't why, but maybe one of the gurus can tell you why it was removed.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited November 2012
    I haven't noticed until now. I don't really know if there was any CC on the lot.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2012
    munchiepoo wrote:
    I haven't noticed until now. I don't really know if there was any CC on the lot.

You built it... so how can you not know?

Hmmmm....
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2012
    munchiepoo wrote:
    If you're running Windows, you don't use Custard on your uploads?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited November 2012
    It may not have actually violated anything. There are several of my own lots that I deleted myself because I was replacing them and if you follow old links (because they can still show up in searches), that same message pops up. It's probably some sort of site glitch or maybe it just happens to be the only page they have for dead links.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    You probley did not do any thing wrong. What happened to your upload is what they call is Culling. It is when someone clears out some of the uploads, and it could have been that not that many had downloaded it, or recommended it. I've had several things deleted from this site, and there was no CC in it what so ever.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited November 2012
    As the previous poster said as well, culling happens from time to time to free up space. I'm not sure how they determine what they are going to remove. People say it's based on recs or downloads, but I have not had a single thing removed from my studio in 3 years.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited November 2012
    Did your lot contain CC that was created by someone else?

You do realize that no matter who creates it, it all belongs to EA, right? Though EA doesn't want you using copyrighted images (ie, Disney characters) so the owners of those images don't get unhappy.

• Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have no idea if I used CC (Because it was a long time ago), I don't use Custard either. But yeah, thanks for your replies everyone.