Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something else I've learnt about the attraction system!

If your sim has certain skills or chooses to learn a new skill, some sims are also attracted to that. Just thought I'd share it with ya'll. I was working on my Vampire sim who I made as my first sims 3 sim back in the original game. (I just made her a vampire sim now so I can spend more time with her, I like having aging on but I like playing her a long time so I made her a vampire for once. I'm mastering everything in her to make her the perfect vampire, then I'm making her have human children to have her go through terrible life hardships and see how her life turns out. (Seeing as one life stage for a vampire is a whole life for a normal sim.

Comments

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Fairies also have a long life span, My founder is still a young adult even though her human spouse has aged up and finally died of old age. I am wondering just how long do fairies live!
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited October 2012
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Fairies also have a long life span, My founder is still a young adult even though her human spouse has aged up and finally died of old age. I am wondering just how long do fairies live!

I'd say they are near epic. With Normal life span my young adult is 96+ days.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2012
    tammyjo329 wrote:

5 x's whatever you have your Normal Sims set for.
    So, my YAs are set at 50 days - any Fairy YAs are 250 days. My Adults are 50 days so my Fairy adults are 250 days. I think I have my Elders set at 35 days so my Fairy elders will be 175 days.
    Going back, I have infants set at 2 days - Fairies will be 10. Toddlers are 8, so Fairy toddlers will be 40. And so on... :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited October 2012
    Normal life span is 90 days, Fairies and Vampires live at the same time. I believe. What happens if a Fairy and Vampire breed?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    munchiepoo wrote:
    Normal life span is 90 days, Fairies and Vampires live at the same time. I believe. What happens if a Fairy and Vampire breed?

Unless you have a glitch or a mod, the offspring will be Fairy, Vampire or Normal. Hybrids aren't supposed to exist anymore.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited October 2012
    Anmirla wrote:
    munchiepoo wrote:

Unless you have a glitch or a mod, the offspring will be Fairy, Vampire or Normal. Hybrids aren't supposed to exist anymore.
    I don't have super natural (sad face) but they've gotten rid of hybrids!? Those were always so fun. Remember in sims 2 all the kooky creatures? Like the werewolf/plantsim/alien/vampire hybrids? D:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    munchiepoo wrote:

I don't have super natural (sad face) but they've gotten rid of hybrids!? Those were always so fun. Remember in sims 2 all the kooky creatures? Like the werewolf/plantsim/alien/vampire hybrids? D:

A few updates ago, hybrids were supposed to be fixed (as in non-existent) :( . Something about it causing issues in future generations...

Yes! Still making hybrids. :mrgreen: It's really sad though that I still haven't made a real "black sheep" (Alien who has been cursed Zombie/Vampire/Werewolf/PlantSim/Witch). :oops:
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited October 2012
    Well yea, I can see how it'd cause some issues.
    Be nice if they'd fixed them as opposed to just chucking them out the window ._.
    Maybe they'll return? Like when the series is over and they can go back and tweak everything?
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited October 2012
    What's the lifespan for a werewolf. I never really checked out the lifespans.
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited October 2012
    Well, I might be wrong but the werewolf has only 10 days extra on each Life span (Approx, I think it might be more.) But it's nothing that would make one go through generations and generations unlike Vampires and Fairies who live through 3 generations and a bit approx.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    LizNuique wrote:
    What's the lifespan for a werewolf. I never really checked out the lifespans.

This is the pattern I see:
    Fairies and Vamps - 5x's
    Genies - 2x's
    Weres - 1 1/2x's (my freshly played YA Were is at 74 days) :-)
    Witches have no increase in life span