Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Road Layout feedback wanted

Here's a pic of a road layout in my new world. Roads across the water in this pic will be bridges but I haven't decided what ones yet.

If oyu have any ideas on how to improve the world please let me know. Thanks! :mrgreen:

idea.png

Comments

• Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2012

Love the winding roads, but you might have problems lining up lots to them. Also don't forget to check them with the chunk boundaries on to be sure your lots won't cross them. I don't know if it's changed at all, but in the past it could cause issues in game if a lot was on a line.

Very pretty world! Keep up the great work!

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow! Looks really good :) Will this ever be finished? :')
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2013

I agree with shay480 on lot placement being a real pain. Also, it doesn't look like you'd have too many flat lots either. When I am doing a winding road, I turn on the grid alignment and make sure at least some parts of the road are straight for lot placement, and if you turn the grid to 45 degrees while placing the road you will be able to pop a lot or 2 right on target.
    Nice painting though :D

I don't think you have to worry about the chunk boundary too much, if you look at most EA worlds, they have lots going right through.