Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The WORST Meteor Strike I've ever seen!

Oh my gosh! I've had meteors hit before but this is crazy! I was like :shock:

I got the normal "5 second" warning and saw this:
Screenshot-21-4.jpg"width=640"

Then...BOOM:

Screenshot-23-4.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-25-4.jpg"width=640"
Screenshot-29-4.jpg"width=640"

This one was kinda funny:

Screenshot-30-4.jpg"width=640"

The aftermath:
Screenshot-31-3.jpg"width=640"
Screenshot-32-2.jpg"width=640"
The culprit:
Screenshot-33-2.jpg"width=640"

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow! That is a bad one.

I had one that I never could recover from. I thought I had everything cleaned up but my sims kept getting the dirty surroundings moodlet. I never did figure out what was still burned.
  • Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think I'm gonna just move! This was like devastating. My poor sims. :(
    The mom/wife almost died trying to put out the fire that spread EVERYWHERE. I forgot to get pics of the crazy fire because I was in shock.
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow! That is a bad one.

I had one that I never could recover from. I thought I had everything cleaned up but my sims kept getting the dirty surroundings moodlet. I never did figure out what was still burned.

Maybe some of your furniture needed replacing. I had that aswell. And I founded out that some of the windows was clickable and needed to be replaced.

@saschatilo
    WOW! Those pics are wow. Its been a year since my household had a meteor strike. And my main sim had died from it.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Options
    TiffanySouzaTiffanySouza Posts: 301 Member
    edited October 2012
    What?! I've never had a meteor strike! What the heck!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I've had them before but usually at parks, graveyards, community lots. Never,ever at home and never ever this size. My goodness, I'm still shocked. :shock:

edit:typo
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow, I never had one in my game. Unfortunately my graphics card got old
    and no longer runs the game. I hope to get a much better computer in the
    future. Maybe with better graphics I'll get a meteor. :twisted:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow! That is a bad one.

It was probley a window or door that was burned. If those are not replaced you will get the diry room moodlet as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    mlnov39 wrote:
    Wow, I never had one in my game. Unfortunately my graphics card got old
    and no longer runs the game. I hope to get a much better computer in the
    future. Maybe with better graphics I'll get a meteor. :twisted:

My graphics are terrible. I cheaped out and bought an e machine. But I still got this big huge meteor.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Wait... who moved this? And why is it in ambitions? Didn't we have meteors BEFORE ambitions? I swear we did.

Edit: By the way, since this got moved from General Discussion to Ambitions, shouldn't all the swimming in the ocean and diving board threads over there be moved to Seasons? Just saying.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sorry, but: COOL! I wish natural disasters would happen more often. Shake things up a bit. :twisted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited October 2012
    This is such a good way that wont make you feel guilty to get your older sims to die. Why do I never get meteors! I want one so bad. Oh and, there are two types of meteors, one gives off scrap and all some other stuff, the other one is just a metero (I think.)
  • Options
    MetatronaMetatrona Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    Wait... THAT happens if you have Ambitions? NEVER before. I would have loved that.
    There's so much cool stuff I still don't know about this game.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This one gave me scrap. The piles on the floor in the second to last picture are ALL scrap. I had to use cheats to get my sims out of the house because there was so much scrap everywhere! The house was just trashed. I didn't even bother to have them clean it up, I just had them move lol
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had one happened yesterday. My sim looked through the telescope. And BAM! Landed right flat onto my sim :(

screenshot740resized01.jpg
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Options
    Ilovesims311Ilovesims311 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    munchiepoo wrote:
    This is such a good way that wont make you feel guilty to get your older sims to die. Why do I never get meteors! I want one so bad. Oh and, there are two types of meteors, one gives off scrap and all some other stuff, the other one is just a metero (I think.)
    Wow! You guys actually WANT a meteor crashing on your lot and destroying it? I just got ambitions and I hope THAT never happens to me!But still, I guess it's fun the first few times... :-o
  • Options
    LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've only had one or two occur since I bought the expansion pack early last year, but the funniest one I had was with my first legacy that I play on and off. My founder Beth Frazier had twins one boy and one girl. When the kids where teens they had the prom come up, so I got them dressed and ready, had the heir invite his girlfriend, etc. All seemed well. Unfortunatley the girl had by far the lousiest prom in history. She saw someone else with the same dress, got regected not only for a dance but also for a kiss, got in two fights over two different boys and the only thing good about that night for her was she got prom queen.
    Anyhow, prom ends they leave, the heir gets home first. She just barely steps out of school sulking when that message pops up, you know 'X is wondering why it got so dark all of a sudden'.
    I was laughing my bum off. I paused the game laughed at the poor girls misfortune, then went back to save her. I cancelled her 'gawp at certain death' thing, got her to run home and off to bed, and her mum, Beth comes running out to see the thing that almost killed her daughter.
    My legacy founder had a death wish! So I stopped her, let the meteor hit, and had Beth collect the meteor and I think it was some scraps too, to sell off for a nice $ 5000, extend her house and get a better TV.

But my goodness. That poor girl. I have felt sorry in all my years of this series, but WOW! :lol: