Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Holiday Sets Anymore!?

I noticed that there aren't as many *free* holiday sets as there were now. There use to be like 4 Halloween sets, now they're down to two. There use to be around 3-5 holiday (Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah) sets but now there is none?

What's your guys opinions? I'm super mad, I didn't want to download them earlier because I didn't need X-Mas stuff in the middle of July (plus it would make my game run slower) *Sigh* I hope they come out with some new free Christmas sets, key word FREE
I'm Prada and You're Nada.

Comments

• Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited October 2012
    They've changed the way they release those sets.

They now only release the Christmas ones when it actually is near Christmas in real life. Same with Halloween, etc.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    With them not releasing all the Halloween sets this October, I wouldn't count on the Christmas sets all coming back. If you see them, you better grab them. There was a huge complaint thread about this when they did it, where they told us things will be limited time only and brought back during the corresponding season.

I sure hope you get your set - good luck!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm so sad they gone... and they still there if you have them... but what about new simmers...

beside the contests related to a specifick holyday often starts a month before... preperations maybe 2.. I have started the preparing for a christmas game... and asked people to supmit pictures... it would be nice if all then could have the free sets...

EA BRING THEM BACK
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited October 2012
    With them not releasing all the Halloween sets this October, I wouldn't count on the Christmas sets all coming back.

This. Even though they said they'd re-release them at the "appropriate time," I can't help but notice that even though it's almost Halloween we still don't have 2 of the Halloween sets back. And what about the Chinese New Year sets?

Anyway, I've already vented about this in another thread. They didn't say anything before they took them away, and then it was only after people started complaining and asking where they went that they told us they were going to be unvaulted at the "appropriate time." So, yeah, if you happen across any of them, just grab them. We don't know if all of them are coming back, and we don't know how long the ones that do come back will be available for.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    With them not releasing all the Halloween sets this October, I wouldn't count on the Christmas sets all coming back.

This. Even though they said they'd re-release them at the "appropriate time," I can't help but notice that even though it's almost Halloween we still don't have 2 of the Halloween sets back. And what about the Chinese New Year sets?

Anyway, I've already vented about this in another thread. They didn't say anything before they took them away, and then it was only after people started complaining and asking where they went that they told us they were going to be unvaulted at the "appropriate time." So, yeah, if you happen across any of them, just grab them. We don't know if all of them are coming back, and we don't know how long the ones that do come back will be available for.

Grab and TELL so others can grab it too.....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited October 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

Grab and TELL so others can grab it too.....

Yes, absolutely. We should all make sure to let other simmers know if we see these sets around. I'm still sore about this. Especially since they did it just before we actually get holidays and festivals in the game with the Seasons EP. Talk about a slap in the face. :evil:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Their entire new stragedy is to cater only to their deep pocket customers. If you'll notice, the missing Halloween set isn't completely gone - it's now buried in a $20 Sept 2011 compilation set. They're going to put that set in the DD rotation ON Halloween, too late for anyone to use it, and too expensive for anyone who wants it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    but many deep pocket people do it

a) either ocationally, and then budget their spending thight (me)

b) gifts a lot, but small items (me) so they won't gift a big set

c) gift alot also bigger gifts.

But even gifters gets upset if people can't use a free set in the contest they holding... makeing their contest less fun, makeing it less fun to host a contest - the result might be less spening.... I KNOW EA lost money from me when removeing the DD gifting option... the sale solution came so late that I don't really look... + you can't trust their sale end date.

An other thing is that removeing the sets like this makes it harder for store owners with a wonky purcages history to redownloade..... upsetting their big spenders....

all in all a bad decision only a newbee would make