The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is she laughing at him????

Ethan Davis met Kirstin McCray when they were in elementary school. They started dating in high school. They are both adults now, and having dated a sufficient amount of time, have fallen in love, and were married just this afternoon.

Should be smooth sailing, yes?

No. I have free will set to "Low", no matter what task I set her to do, as soon as she is done, she runs in the living room to point and laugh at Ethan. WHY?

All he is doing is reading a book on gardening. The thought bubble above her head shows Ethan's pic. This laughing is getting on my nerves. They haven't even been married 24 hrs, have never woohooed, and at the rate she is going... they won't. I'm about to send her packing.

Any ideas as to what she finds so amusing?

Her traits:

Can't Stand Art
Frugal
Party Animal
Natural Cook
Friendly

His traits:

Handy
Brave
Genius
Easily Impressed
Computer Whiz

She is seriously getting on my nerves... Any ideas?

Btw, she will continue to point at him and laugh for as long as I let her. It doesn't stop.

Comments

• Options
    CheckerPjsCheckerPjs Posts: 1,666 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lol! Poor ethan, maybe she thinks he is dork because he likes to garden and not party? humm...
  • Options
    katelynsarvaskatelynsarvas Posts: 542 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, aggravating. I know this is making you angry but I think a screenshot would make us laugh :lol:
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited July 2009
    no matter what task I set her to do, as soon as she is done, she runs in the living room to point and laugh at Ethan.

They haven't even been married 24 hrs, have never woohooed..

Oh boy, if she points and laughs at him after a 'woohoo', that's just gunna kill the poor fella :cry:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    darlingsimsdarlingsims Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmm... will try and get one.
  • Options
    ashleyvaughnashleyvaughn Posts: 209 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This has happened to a few people, including myself. On my legacy (the only one I've ever played, btw), my founder has been laughed at by EVERYONE, including his wife (both before and after their marriage). And he'll just be doing something like painting or reading, or even just sleeping!

I have no idea what the deal is, but it is really quite annoying.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    I had a sim who would point and laugh at pretty much everyone including her young son. I'm guessing it's because she had the inappropriate trait.
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited July 2009
    screenshotoriginalm.jpg

The old guy kept laughing at me my whole birthday party. Not really sure why.
  • Options
    ScarlettScarlett Posts: 796 Member
    edited July 2009
    That's hilarious! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Here she is... not sure how to post photos, hope it works...

Just taking the pics watching her was driving me nuts. I didn't raise this guy from scratch just for her to laugh at him nonstop! What kind of wife does that???

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I see an anullment in his immediate future.... oh wait... TS3 has no annullment, fine... they can divorce! There's no kids involved... no pets... He owns everything... She's headin' to the curb!
  • Options
    miss_dani_09miss_dani_09 Posts: 299 New Member
    edited July 2009
    haha gotta admit tho its pretty funny :lol: ive never had this happen but maybe it has something to do with the traits? maybe cus he is a genius and computer whiz and shes a party animal???
  • Options
    MysteryinRiverviewMysteryinRiverview Posts: 339 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What are the levels of their motives? She laughs at him all the the time, so are their motives always high, low, neutral, etc?
  • Options
    ashleyvaughnashleyvaughn Posts: 209 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Here are a couple pictures of my founder being laughed at. The weirdest part is that two of the people that laughed at him (one of the maids and his soon-to-be wife) spent the night and REFUSED to sleep, choosing instead to stay up all night and laugh at him. And neither one had insomnia!

Maids:

maidlaugh2.png

maidlaugh3.png

newmaidlaugh.jpg

In the one above, the girl had just spent the night and stayed up the entire time laughing at him. She woke herself up several times before passing out, like in this pic:

crazymaid3.jpg

And then continued laughing!

crazymaid2.jpg

The paperboy:

paperboylaugh2.png

And then one night his then-fiancee (now his wife) stayed up all night laughing at him:

juanitalaugh.png

It's crazy! I wish I knew what the deal is.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, my Sims often laugh at those wearing inappropriate clothing. Two of your pictures shoe that he was wearing sleepwear outside. As for the others, I have no clue. Sometimes, despite having changed, the Sims will continue to laugh for a while.
  • Options
    ScarlettScarlett Posts: 796 Member
    edited July 2009
    Seriously. That's hilarious.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Have any of the Sims been recently embarrassed or gotten the "Sim Thinks Sim 2 is Being Awkward" statement during social interaction?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I have no idea what her problem was. Both of their moods were really high. They'd just gotten married. Was early evening, still well rested, bout to eat dinner, but not starving.

I gave her a few more minutes, she continued, I couldn't stand it anymore. He insulted her dancing, she mocked his cleverness, and that was the end, he broke up with her and kicked her out.

Has to be some sort of record, married and divorced in under 12 hours. What I can't understand, is he'd known her since childhood. Spent lots of time with her. She'd never laughed at him before.

It gets worse. To try and mend his broken heart, he went looking for love at the park the next afternoon. While he was flirting with a pretty girl, some old bat is standing off to the side laughing at him. I guess he was simply destined to be the butt of peoples jokes. But he shouldn't have to take it in his own home.

By the by, the new love interest is looking receptive... Perhaps he'll do better the next time around.

Goodnight y'all.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Have any of the Sims been recently embarrassed or gotten the "Sim Thinks Sim 2 is Being Awkward" statement during social interaction?

Not mine. Both were happy. He was minding his own business, brushing up on his gardening, and she just kept laughing at him.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Has to be some sort of record, married and divorced in under 12 hours. What I can't understand, is he'd known her since childhood. Spent lots of time with her. She'd never laughed at him before.

Ah, so the wedding night didn't go too well and she told the old bat about it the next day?
    :wink:
  • Options
    KarazaraKarazara Posts: 764 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I know sometimes my sims don't have the presence of mind to get dressed when I send them into the front yard to do gardening or get the mail. The paperboy or papergirl always laughs at them when they see them there standing in their underwear!

Sims do have a tendency to laugh at people dressed inapropriately; I know this because several of my sims are insane and they almost never dress correctly for the ocassion (some will even swim in their formal clothes lol...). I mean wouldn't you laugh at that?

As for your case, no idea.

P.S. One of the pics on the first page, the guy painting is there without his shirt; is that his sleepwear? If so, it makes sense that he's being laughed at; sims usually laugh at people who are wearing their sleepwear outside. (I suppose it could be athletic wear, and if that's the case no idea why he's being laughed at.)
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haha, that's hilarious. The only time my sims laugh at others is when there is a need to.
  • Options
    PolarnpyretPolarnpyret Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would guess that MysteryinRiwerview has right. But I also think it can depend on that the laughing person has a trait that goes against the being-laught-at-person.
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lol. I've never had a sim constantly being laughed at. not that Ive noticed anyway..
  • Options
    supergoddess06supergoddess06 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've had a somewhat similar problem.

Okay so my sim has a boyfriend with a little boy who was sleeping over, so I bought him a crib and yeah yeah you get the picture. Every time I gave my sim the command to go to bed, instead she would take the toddler out of the crib and set him outside and return to bed...

Odd. Guess she doesn't like babies. :lol:
  • Options
    XtianXtian Posts: 80 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I suspect this is somewhat aggravating to you and it's definitely a mystery, but I think it's hilarious! :lol: I hope my Sims do something that quirky! It's the little things like this written in that are so bizarre they almost seem like bugs that keep the game interesting for me and make my Sims feel more like real people with inside jokes of their own that I'm not immediately privy to.