Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gone Viral Past Assignments

Comments

• Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited October 2012
    gangnamstylecopy.png

resultscopy.png

roundwinnercopy.png
    Honeynut67 with Terry O'Donnel

Screenshot-3_zps78299401.jpg"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Creativity: 4/5
    Photo Quality: 4/5
    Background/Setting: 5/5
    Model Apperance: 5/5
    Model Pose: 5/5
    Relatvity: 5/5
    Overall: 9/10
    Total: 38/40
    Honey, I’m so glad someone did this scene. Its the most hilarious scene in the entire video..lol. Overall you did a very nice job. The only thing I really have to complain about is that his pants(the guy who is standing up)have some fuzz/extra pixels. I mean other than that, I loved this photo.

danasayscopy.png
    Photo Quality: 5/5
    Background/Setting: 4/5
    Model Appearance: 4/5
    Relativity: 5/5
    Total: 36/40
    This was my favorite scene from the video and I'm glad someone decided to do this! But I still took off for creativity because you could've done something extra. I know there wasn't much of a background for that scene, but you could've cropped the sides of the picture so there wasn't that leftover space. The pose for your extra was good, but it didn't have much of an expression, but I didn't take off for that because it's hard to find a pose for that scene, nice pose choice for your model though. Overall, good job! :)

summersayscopy.png
    Model Appearance: 5/5
    Overall: 8/10
    - Fantastic use of the poses, since the song is completely random I like how you reflected them posed like that on an elevator.

Total= 110/120

Other Scores(In order from highest score to lowest)

darlabubbles with Lana Davis

lanaspa.png"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Darla, I love this photo. It shows what I wanted you guys to do for the assignment, be crazy, wild, creative! So fantastic job.

I don’t really have that many complaints over your picture at all. Your model looks like she owns the place and that little smile..I think its hilarious! However the lights in the background seem a little too bright, I would have put those on dim and then taken a light from buydebug(not the ceiling kind)and put it in front of your sim. She seems a little dark for her surroundings.

I don’t have any more “complaints” and over all I think you did a fantastic job on this photo.

danasayscopy.png
    Background/Setting: 3/5
    Relativity: 4/5
    Total: 32/40
    I love the outfit you gave your model, it really made her stand out in the picture from your extras! I can see how this relates to the video with the sauna part and the outfit, but it isn't very creative, so I took one point off for that. The lighting wasn't very good on your model and it is too bright in the background. Also, the background wasn't very creative, maybe if you showed more of the background and added something more to make it interesting. Overall, you did a nice job.

summersayscopy.png
    Total: 35/40
    - Perfect yellow outfit and specs to match it! But I would have preferred shirtless guys over bikini ladies.

Total= 105/120

NiNjahawkz with Ace card

Screenshot-79_zps0c4fd403.png"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Model Apperance: 4/5
    I thought you did a nice job on this photo Ninja. However there is floating fire, I’m pretty sure fire doesn’t randomly start in the air..well I guess it does if you playing Minecraft. Thats beside the point though.

He is also floating outside of the picture, I know you usually do that with your photos, but I think it would have looked better on this specific photo if you hadn’t done that. The only other big thing is that his hair is missing some of its flyaway strands, then one smaller thing is he is so far away. In the photo Psy is all up in your face, whereas in your photo your model is not.

danasayscopy.png
    Photo Quality: 3/5
    Total: 33/40
    Your model is looking pretty fierce in this photo! lol. Okay so, you did an okay job cutting out your model, but the edges of his hair are choppy, so next time if you want to cut out your model try choosing a hair that doesn't have spiked out or slick ends. Your model doesn't look like he is part of the photo because he isn't, he's actually extending out of the photo, I don't know if you did that on purpose, but it doesn't improve your photo, so I took off for that. There is just the perfect amount of lighting on Ace. I know I'm a little picky, but there is a little too much red on this entire outfit; like the red hair and the red accents on the suit, it doesn't go well together. You did a pretty good job on the fire, but it doesn't look like the fire is touching anything, it's just floating there. Also, like in the video, it was more zoomed into Psy's face and I think it would've looked better if you were more zoomed into Ace. Overall, good job!

summersayscopy.png
    - Your model is hot, but the fires? If only they were integrated more naturally.

Total= 104/120

More than one Person got the score 103

Abeline2015 with Marina Baker

assignment1.png"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Model Pose: 4/5
    Total: 34/40
    Abeline, this was a nice photo. The setting looks like a subway would, so good job on that. I also love those reflective floors! One thing that looked a little weird was the outside of the photo was blurred, but you also had a border on it. I was a little confused as to why you would need both of those.

You have a very pretty sim and I think you did a good job on making her look like the girl from the video. However her shirt clips with the pose she i using and it looks a little odd. She also looks a little stiff in the pose.

The photo also isn’t lit very well, I don’t think you completely enclosed the room you were using. I would have enclosed in then use dim lighting to make it look more of a creepy subway. However I also would have put a light on your model so she pops a little more.

Overall it was a nice photo and I thought it was very creative how you made that.

danasayscopy.png
    Overall: 7/10
    Total: 31/40
    I like how I can tell exactly which scene from the video you decided to choose. I took off for creativity because you just did one scene from the video and didn't add anymore style to it. The quality of your photo was okay, but the blurring at the edges were not needed, and took away from your quality. The background was kind of boring, though it looked like a subway, I would suggest maybe some extras or something else. The pose you chose for your model, made her outfit mess up at her thigh, I would've just chosen another pose, or given her another outfit. Also, her face is pretty dark, so I would try and add some more lighting to her face. I can't wait to see more from you and what you'll do for the next assignment.

summersayscopy.png
    Creativity: 5/5
    Total: 37/40
    - This was a really nice recreation of the train scene. If only your model's face wasn't shadowed, it would have been perfect!

Total= 103/120
    simsgal2227 with Layla O'Mally

Screenshot-521.jpg"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Overall: 10/10
    Total: 39/40
    Oh, I love your photo. It definitely was creative, but it went with the assignment to. I think it was great. You have very nice graphics, but I docked one point on that because there are a couple places where its a little pixely. In my opinion the rest was all wonderful so I think you did a great job, and I don’t have much to say. D:

danasayscopy.png
    Creativity: 3/5
    Relativity: 1/5
    Total: 31/40
    First of all, I'm not really sure of how this relates to Gangnam Style, her clothes are bright like someone in the video would wear but I don't see the relation. But this was really well done despite the fact I don't see how this relates to it. Your quality is great and so is your model. I took off for creativity because you could've done something more exciting or interesting, don't be afraid to think outside the box and push your limits! :D

summersayscopy.png
    Total: 33/40
    - You have a beautiful model but I'm really not feeling the embrace of gangnam style from her.

Total= 103/120
    Penny848 with Alana Collins

Screenshot-212-1.jpg?t=1348897718"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Photo Quality: 2/5
    Model Apperance: 3/5
    Total: 30/40

Penny, I love her dancing. I think you really got the essence of this assignment, however it wasn’t very creative. You just took a scene from the video and re-created it. You re-created it very nicely, but it would have been nice to see something wild, crazy, and creative!

Now back to the photo, there is some blurriness around her hair, her legs, and her face. Other than that the photo quality is pretty good. The setting is also pretty good, the horses look like they did in the music video.

Overall it was a nice photo, but I know you can do something Ah-mazing and I really hope I get to see that from you.

danasayscopy.png
    Comments: I love this! I like the scene from the video you decided you choose. The horses are a great touch and I love that you posed them instead of just placing them there. I took off points for quality because you could of zoomed in some more to you model and the lighting wasn't very nice. Also the background was okay, though the little pink salt things for the horses were unecessary. And hay in the background was little distracting and so was the blue ball, maybe barn doors instead and a little bit of hay instead. Overall, you did a great job!

summersayscopy.png
    - This was a wonderful recreation of the scene, almost exact! Although model dress choice could have been better.

Total= 103/120

2oo92 with Cleo Anders

Nicejobnot.jpg"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    2oo92, this was a very nice photo. However it looks a little blurred, not necessarily in a bad way. It just looks like it got softened.

Your model looks very smexy in this photo, even though she isn’t looking into the camera(the one the paparazzi is holding) I think it works. Oh and I have to say I really like your model skin...hehe. Oh wait, back to the photo. You did a good job on the setting, it really does look like the subway car. Well except for one thing, there is a giant white pole that is taking up part of the right of the photo. I didn’t really notice until I stepped back a little.

Overall I thought it was a very nice photo.

danasayscopy.png
    Background/Setting: 2/5
    I see that you decided to take from the subway scene in the video, but I don't know if she is on a subway or not. I would've liked to see more of a background because all I see is white, and that's not very interesting. Also the rounded border is not needed, it takes away from the photo. I'm not sure if you did, but it looked like you added a soft glow to the photo, and that makes your picture blurry which affects your quality. Your model looks pretty in this photo and her pose is perfect, but there isn't really anything to look at in this photo. Overall, nice job! :)

summersayscopy.png
    - Your model is very gorgeous but I wish there was more gangnam to it, maybe if the photographer was the lead singer? Afterall, he did have interest for the girl on the train which I believe you're portraying.

Total= 102/120
    123StarrStruck with Logan Henderson

gangnamstylepic.jpg"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Model Apperance: 3/5

Now this is a very interesting photo, that I don’t quite get.

See, I understand the whole dancing at a sleepover, but why is she in a suit? I understand the whole dress classy, dance cheesy, but a suit at a sleepover party. If her friends were in a suits as well that would have been acceptable, but shes the only one.

The “back-up” sims look grainy on their faces and around the legs. However I do like their Pajamas even though the do sort of blend into the background. Now obviously the background is blurred which makes logan and her friends stand out a little more, but I’m not so sure thats good. However I do think you made a good setting. :D

danasayscopy.png
    I love how you went outside of the box and did something very different than everyone else. But it feels like you didn't take a photo of your sims in game and instead cut out your sims and just pasted them in to the background, because your sims don't look good with the background. Also, the background is blurry and it is distracting. Also that light in the background is bright and it distracts you from the model. I like that you placed your model in front of her two friends so that you could tell who was who. Good job! :)

summersayscopy.png
    Total: 37/40
    - I love the group dance idea!

Total= 101/120
    sim_moore with Violet Temple

zn324j.jpg"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Model Pose: 3/5
    Relatvity: 4/5
    Your photo did get the whole “Dress Classy”, but I’m not so sure on the other parts. There was some odd clipping on your sims though, both of the men are missing their hands! Also the pose that Violet was on wasn’t exactly cheesy, I think it was more cute! The photo did go well with the assignment and overall I think you did a nice job.

danasayscopy.png
    I have to say, I loved how you dressed your model as a girl version of Psy. Cool idea! Your quality wasn't very good, so I took off for that. And I would've liked to see you zoomed out so that your model and your extras all fit in the photo. The pose you chose for your model was okay, I know you were trying to go for a silly pose, but something else would've been better. Also the guy model to right wasn't looking forward like the other guy. Overall, nice job. :)

summersayscopy.png
    Total: 34/40
    - Your gangnam men were a nice touch, I think more could have been done with the setting though.

Total= 96/120
    PandaMuffin100 with Daisy Astor

syknj8.jpg

mvandesayscopy.png
    Model Pose: 2/5
    Relatvity: 4/5
    Total: 29/40
    Panda, I love the little boy in the picture. He is so cute! The only “complaints” I have are the Daisy doesn’t have very good lighting on her and she is also looking away from the camera. I’m not sure if she was supposed to be sleeping or not because her eyes are open. It also looks like there are some sims in the background behind one of the wooden poles and if you wanted them to be there it should have been more prominent that they were there. Other than that great photo.

danasayscopy.png
    Your model is very pretty but your photo is lacking. I see the relation to the assignment but it isn't very creative or giving off a "wow" factor. I don't see much of a background just wood and grass and that isn't interesting. I took off for quality because your were zoomed in way too much and the focus was more on the kid than your model. And the pose you chose for you model is boring, she is just staring off into the distance with no expression, her outfit though, is very cute. You did an okay job, but you can do better!

summersayscopy.png
    - The little boy was a nice touch. Just wish I could see your model's entire pose better!

Total= 88/120
    SLAHP4 with Sheyla Wong

2l933f9.jpg"width=640"

mvandesayscopy.png
    Background/Setting: 2/5
    Model Apperance: 2/5
    Model Pose: 2/5
    Total: 26/40

This is definitely something I wouldn’t have thought of doing. So I gave you creativity points for the. The photo also has nice quality, but the light is more on the paintings than the sims. So next time I would put more like on your focal point, your sims. The desks do make it seem like an office, but you also have those mix-matched paintings and rugs. It would have been nice to see some more cohesion in the office.

Although I don’t know which one your sim is. In fact I think it may just be the same sim, duplicated and then given different clothes..hehe. They are also all doing the same pose and I don’t think that would be the most appropriate with the concept of the photo. I think for a flash mob they would be in some trench coat outfit/normal work clothes and then they would randomly start dancing. That would also mean not everyone was dancing so it would be a flash mob.
    I hope that all made sense and that it wasn’t too harsh. D:

danasayscopy.png
    Model Appearance: 3/5
    Wow! Your entry does stand out from the others because of your colors and I love it. I took off for quality because the objects in the background are glowing way too brightly, I suggest moving the light source farther from the objects so that they don't glow like that, also the girls need a little more lighting on their faces. The background was okay, not very creative or exciting compared to the girls themselves, and the painting's frames don’t match each other, I know that's a little picky, but it would be better if they did. There are some problems with your model's poses, the girl all the way on the left's arm is going through her breast. Also, I have no idea which girl is your model, I'm guessing she is in the middle, but it would've been better if you made her stand out more, maybe make her closer to the front? Also, I'm not really sure how this relates to Gangnam Style, the colors of the girls outfits but the other parts I'm not sure. Are they dancing? Or what? Overall, I do like your photo, but it needs some improvements.

summersayscopy.png
    Model Appearance: 3/5
    - Wow, very colorful and vibrant, a bit too colorful though. It could have been more balanced if the ladies had solid hair colors.

Total=84 /120

Questions about scores? Don't hesitate to ask on the comp thread.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited October 2012
    assignment2copy.png

I have all photos linked the the bigger version..if there is one of course. :D

roundwinnercopy.png

resultscopy.png

Penny848 with Alana Collins

darlabubbles with Lana Davis

Lana's is so stressed right now. She spent too much time shopping for food for the Halloween party that she didn't get a chance to finish decorating for it. Now with only an hour left, she has to cook all the food, get her costume on, and finish the decorating. Next year, will really be different. Next year, it will be at someone else's house.

lanastressed.png"width=640"

PandaMuffin100 with Daisy Astor

24g22k4.jpg"width=640"

The Nyan-session had gone a little far. First it was the rainbow socks and kitty stereo, which played her new favorite song. Then, it was the pop tart/night sky custom styled dress. That was when Daisy decided that a totaly remodel of her living room was in order. She made each tile a color of the rainbow and changed the color of the wallpaper to match the color of the night sky. That was not the worst of it. No, the worst of it was when Daisy needed to get a cat. She needed a cat. So she bought one. Mr. Nyan, her new cat soon became a member of the household. She wasn't finished yet, though. Even after all of this, she needed one thing to complete everything. She. Dyed. Her. Cat. To. Resemble. A. Poptart.

Daisy had officially gone bonkers.

SLAHP4 with Sheyla Wong

etcwva.jpg"width=640"

*First person

Sheyla's point of view*

I found the bursting of flashing camera against my blinded eyes. Then I looked down realizing that I was dressed like a smexy version of Nyan cat. Wait why? Where was I last Friday night?

simsgal2227 with Layla O'Mally

Layla was babysitting her niece at her sister's house one day, and since the girl was in a colorful mood (her mother put on her very colorful outfit!) she wanted Layla to be colorful too. They both looked in her sister's closet for something colorful, and came up with the perfect outfit! She even decided to put on some funky makeup and put her hair up while she played with her little sheep. This toy is her new favorite! Later, the girl wanted something to eat, so she set her down and put the toy on the counter so she could get something. But the cat jumped on the counter and was surely after it!

Her sister had the cat dyed to look like Nyan Cat for halloween ("oh, the kids will love it, Layla!"), and since then the cat has been naughty Layla was told. Maybe the hyper Nyan Cat nature rubbed off on her?

So, Layla was quite nervous to see the cat interested in the toy, because she might tear it apart, and the poor girl (who doesn't have a clue something might happen) would be devestated.

Layla reaches for the cat, hoping she'll get her before it gets to the precious sheep.

viralassign1-2-1.jpg"width=640"

123StarrStruck with Logan Henderson

iaza18654110039400.jpg"width=640"

Logan has always had a secret obsession with cats, rainbows and poptarts - So it's no surprise that she's completely obsessed with Nyan Cat. The second she found out about the 10 hour version, she got wrapped up in her bed with her cat and turned on her laptop, getting ready for possibly the most wonderful ten hours of her life. A couple hours later Logan, completely lost in Nyan Cat land, drifted off to sleep. When she woke up it was as if her whole room had been transformed, everything was brightly decorated - Even her. From her poptart-esque poofy skirt, to her magnificant cat ears - she was completely nyan-ified. Am I dreaming?

2oo92 with Cleo Anders

NyanCat-1.jpg"width=640"

Nyan Cat, protecting the rainbow world from Tac Nayn!

They are the cats.

ok here's mine!! for this i decided to go with my sim looking at a cat but also still being able to see her colourful makeup ^_^ so the cat is in her eyes! also her cheeks have white blush like the frosting on a pop tart. i didn't want pink frosting cause then the blush is a normal colour and there is nothing unique about it.

Assignment 1:

nyancat.png

Honeynut67 with Terry O'Donnel

Screenshot_zpsf5d5fae5.jpg"width=640"

~Every morning Terry does the same thing. He gets up, puts on his favorite rainbow striped cardigan, and comes down stairs where his loving cat, Ash, is waiting for him. He gets out the cereal, milk, bowl, plate, strawberries, pop tart, and mug and sets it down on the kitchen table. Ash always joins him for breakfast, mostly for the left over milk in his cereal bowl.~

sim_moore with Violet Temple

Just when you thought The Sims couldn't get any more Supernatural... You discover your neighbors are descendants of ancient Japanese cat spirits known as Bakeneko. When Violet and her friends aren't enjoying the joys of Nyan Cat and his space oddities, they're soaking up the sun and enjoying the beauty of the outdoors.

e7cxtd.png"width=640"

At the Nyan Palace, all the lovely Bakeneko women can unleash their inner feline and execute purr-fect poses. On top of having 9 lives, each of these women possess an impeccable sense of style. Their rainbow dresses not only pay homage to Nyan Cat, but represent the magical energy that flows through each of them. And of course it doesn't hurt to have a few Pop Tart colored appendages!

Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan!

Cinderpelt with Autumn McKinley

i2m74p.png"width=640"

One Friday afternoon before Halloween, Autumn was pondering what she should be in her living room decorated to her taste ( :shock: ). After a while, she heard a meow, and her little gray kitty, Willow appeared. She had poptart crumbs on her mouth. "Willow, have you been getting into the poptarts again? Those are only for mommy," she scolded, when suddenly a DING! went off in her brain. "Poptarts....cats....this can only mean one thing! NYAN CAT!!" she shouted with joy at finally having an idea.

She bounded in and out of her bedroom trying on many different and colorful outfits. At the bottom of her closet, she found her old nyan cat top she bought a couple years back. She quickly changed into it, her favorite pair of worn out jean shorts, some sneakers, cat ears (don't ask where she got those :hunf: ), and her glasses (for cuteness, of course). She bounded into the living room, where Willow sat, ready to approve or disapprove. As soon as Willow saw the outfit, she jumped into Autumn's arms and crawled on top of her head. "Willow, what are you doing?" Autumn laughed. This Halloween was going to be amazing.

beaglelover2008 with Ember Faustino

Screenshot-28-1-1.jpg

"Wow, I love this new music. It has a great sound!" She stopped her work on her laptop and closed her eyes to hum along. "Come on, Fuzzy, join in!" but sadly Fuzzy didn't seem to like the mystical sound of Nyan Cat as much as Ember did.