Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Salem, MA - uploaded to the Exchange!!!!

Here's the link to The Exchange:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7148668
I'd thought of doing this when Late Night came out, but as it's really and truly famous for the Salem Witch Trials, I figured Supernatural could benefit from having a Salem!

I tried to sculpt the terrain as close as possible, but due to the constraints of CAW, it is as close as my skills could come....

I'll be putting in such landmarks as The Hawthorne Hotel, The Witch Museum, Friendship of Salem, The House of the Seven Gables, and of course Salem Common, which I've built as the Performance Park.

I've got most of the downtown done, just the task of polishing it off, and then of course those nagging little details like 50 odd houses, etc :shock:

Here are some pictures, I have more in my Photobucket account, but I'll be lucky if I can post a few, my Photobucket seems to be using a lot of my CPU's memory, every time I log in I get a warning after a minute or so :x

Screenshot-1343-1.jpg

Screenshot-1349-Copy.jpg

Screenshot-1282-1.jpg

Screenshot-1294.jpg

Sorry for the lack of photos, but I've had my Internet Explorer shut down twice since I've logged in to Photobucket, grrrr...

Comments

• Options
    VIVKRNVIVKRN Posts: 182 Member
    edited October 2012
    Nice :)
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Very nice job so far!
  • Options
    shannonpwnsshannonpwns Posts: 343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Will you be posting it on the exchange when it's done? It looks awesome!
  • Options
    BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited October 2012
    Looks great!

Can't wait to see more :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited October 2012
    Will you be posting it on the exchange when it's done? It looks awesome!

Thanks all, and yes I'll put it on the Exchange when I'm done. I'm hoping to have it done by mid-December, that'll depend on how my house building progresses. That is the most painful part of building a world in my opinion. I saw a post from a guy who wanted to collaborate on a New England world, I should have taken him up on it, but I was afraid I'd be too controlling :oops:
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ohhh looks good, and what an interesting idea for the Supernatural EP, can't wait to try it out!!! :D
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    edited October 2012
    It's so beautiful. New England scenery is gorgeous in RL, and you've done a great job recreating it.
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow...when we lived in Connecticut, we used to go up there for vacations and tour Salem. I loved the house of 7 gables. You caught the rolling hills just right...at least that is how I remember them. It's been a long time...I am looking forward to seeing this world completed.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    This looks real nice and great ideal for a new world ... with Holloween coming in a few weeks, it makes me wish you could finish earlier. LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Thanks all, and tammyjoe329, I wish I could finish it for Halloween also, but at this pace, I highly doubt it. I've pretty much all of the Commercial Lots done with the exception of a few, but some of the houses will take time as I'll be looking at models from Google Earth to try to get some of the landmarks in like The House of The Seven Gables. I've built the house, I just have to furnish it and landscape. I'll try to get a photo update soon, my Photobucket usually freezes or crashes when I try to use it lately, so I have to be picture-selective :(
  • Options
    joerosen62joerosen62 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited October 2012
    This is so awkward since I am reading the play The Crucible in American Lit class right now
    lol
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Just a few more photos. It's coming along nicely, I've built more of the landmarks and a few houses, put some more trees & objects.

Screenshot-1369.jpg

Screenshot-1371.jpg

Screenshot-1382.jpg

Friendship of Salem:

Screenshot-1356.jpg

Consignment store:

Screenshot-1366.jpg

Witches Brew Bar & Grill:

Screenshot-1377.jpg

Library:

Screenshot-1361.jpg

Two houses:

Screenshot-1376.jpg

Screenshot-1379.jpg

Still just a few Community lots to go and lots of houses yet, but it is coming quicker than expected.... :shock:

• Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2012
    :P I love what you've done so far. It looks really great. Looking forward to this world. I love the little house by the water and the Consignment store.
  • Options
    shannonpwnsshannonpwns Posts: 343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Looks great! Can't wait for it to be finished! I've got this page bookmarked and I check back every once in a while to see the progress. I'm loving that bar & grill, as well as the over-all look of all of your buildings and homes. You're doing an awesome job!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks all :D, I've got quite a few more houses done so I'll see about updating today, Photobucket & I do not get along so I keep my photo updates for those days I have a bit more patience :roll:

I am sending good thoughts to the Eastern Seaboard in the US & Canada that have been damaged & dear ones lost from Hurricane Sandy, stay strong my friends!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Here's a few more pictures, I'm still able to use my CAW so far....

Screenshot-1424.jpg

Screenshot-1415.jpg

Screenshot-1400.jpg

Screenshot-1427.jpg

Screenshot-1438.jpg

Screenshot-1425.jpg

Screenshot-1432.jpg

Screenshot-1420.jpg

The 1st picture is Derby Mansion, the 3rd is The House of The Seven Gables, the 5th is Hawkes House, and the last is Custom House which I've turned into a fusion lounge. The others are just random houses and a Private Club which I've got in the Equestrian area.

• Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited November 2012
    :)Hi Sneakfeline i like what you have done so fare.Have you tried Image shack you can have a free account with them.That's the one i use.I have not had any problem with them.
  • Options
    chama123chama123 Posts: 1,761 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow ! This looks fantastic!

I almost went to Salem once on a school trip but they changed the schedule at the last minute and we went to Harvard University instead (Pretty amazing at the same time :3)..

I can't wait for more pictures!! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I have been testing since Seasons broke CAW and just doing some tweaking. I know some creators are still uploading, but I think I'll wait a bit and see if they can fix CAW.
    Here's a few photos, some in game showing the beautiful weather effects:

Here's a side-view of Salem:

Screenshot-1545_zps62a5c1e6.jpg

And some weather shots:

Screenshot-1577_zps5aa52bed.jpg

Screenshot-1565_zps0c09f343.jpg

Screenshot-1558_zps3ecb475e.jpg

Screenshot-1579_zps1e96da4e.jpg

And one during Full Moon, I love how all the white glows during Full Moon :D

Screenshot-1569_zps93ef0f29.jpg

Fall in Salem:

Screenshot-1593_zps86a6d69d.jpg

And what follows fall? Winter, brrrr!

Screenshot-1603_zps0c455355.jpg

Screenshot-1606_zpsdf7c05b0.jpg

Screenshot-1607_zps723717ec.jpg

Screenshot-1608_zpse46cba25.jpg

Hope you like, back to testing and tweaking. I sure hope CAW is fixed soon :(
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2013
    this looks very nice. :D
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi Sneakfeline,

Your Salem world really has turned out awesome. I hope they fix CAW soon so you can share it with us :wink: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Thanks niac 1234, and tammyjo329. I was so close to done when Seasons came out, I should have waited & uploaded it before Seasons came out, but I really wanted to test it for routing errors with Seasons and swimming as there is so much open water & shoreline in Salem.

Oh well, que sera sera!
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2013
    Great looking world. Really like it. Is there any CC? I hope not. I don't mind store items I am just concerned about the other kind.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Thanks Rukaya :D . There is no CC, only a few store items, and I do have the Barnacle Bay Diner in as the Friendship Of Salem, but I'm pretty sure those who download Salem and don't have Barnacle Bay will just get a lot with all items except the ship. They'll still have a restaurant as I have one downtown, and I have the Bistro down by the ocean also.
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you I do have BB but un installed as I became very tired of the game generated characters walking around as pirates. I can always add another diner from my library that will get along with your theme, which stunning by the way.