Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

File Name gameplay/excel/dot_03/....

I had this problem with the Sim and Lot names showing up as Gameplay/excel/dot_03/........ and when I searched the forum I didn't find too much to help :x, but noticed I was not the only one who had this problem.

I also noticed that the problems were occuring in Worlds downloaded from the Store. In my case the problem was a mod that was incompbatible with the newest patch and I had to remove it. Somehow my DC Cache files were deleted during the process :!:.

When I reinstalled Hidden Springs(where I was having my problem) everything fixed itself. All I had to to was re-install the missing worlds. :mrgreen:

Hope this helps someone else.

Comments

• Options
    klskrissyklskrissy Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for your input. Your post really helped me. I was having the same problem with my sim name and Map View and Lot Names in Hidden Springs after I installed Pets and the patch update that came with Pets. All the residential and community lots had debug text names instead of regular names and addresses. Very weird.

Anyway, I deleted the Hidden Springs files from my folder C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Worldcaches. Strangely the Hidden Springs.world file was not in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds folder, but I found it the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds folder and deleted it.

After I downloaded the Hidden Springs file from the EA Store again (just to be sure the file was not corrupt or something) I installed using the Sims3LauncherW.exe and it worked. The 3 files were all in my Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folders this time and the neighborhood world was fixed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on