Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Thread; Obsolete as of November 1st; Please Use New Thread; No More Posts Please!

Comments

• Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited October 2012
    andre825 wrote:
    Ok just before I leave this thread behind... a quick word (you guys are probley going to be mad at me so I'll just dissapear).

If you are a friend of SSCS then we would like you to join our website. My goal is to get at least the founders of each request team to join then we could all be friends. Hope thats not too much to ask...

bye and leave your thoughts (I dont care what they say because i'll check back 1 time then leave this place.)

Andre, if you think what you are doing is wrong, and we are going to get 'mad' at you, then why do you post? Yes, you may not like what I'm about to say, but I am not mad at you, and nor for that matter, is the team.

There are no "founders" here at DNA. We work together as a team and each and every member is valued for their individual talents and contributions. Each member chooses his or her own affiliations away from DNA based on their individual tastes. No one here wishes you any ill will. We thank you for the invite and wish you well in your endeavors.

You are always welcome here to make a request if you so desire, but if you still wish to have access to our services, we must kindly (and for the last time) ask that you stop advertising in our thread.

Thank you.
  • Options
    andre825andre825 Posts: 628 Member
    edited October 2012
    andre825 wrote:
    Ok just before I leave this thread behind... a quick word (you guys are probley going to be mad at me so I'll just dissapear).

If you are a friend of SSCS then we would like you to join our website. My goal is to get at least the founders of each request team to join then we could all be friends. Hope thats not too much to ask...

bye and leave your thoughts (I dont care what they say because i'll check back 1 time then leave this place.)

Andre, if you think what you are doing is wrong, and we are going to get 'mad' at you, then why do you post? Yes, you may not like what I'm about to say, but I am not mad at you, and nor for that matter, is the team.

There are no "founders" here at DNA. We work together as a team and each and every member is valued for their individual talents and contributions. Each member chooses his or her own affiliations away from DNA based on their individual tastes. No one here wishes you any ill will. We thank you for the invite and wish you well in your endeavors.

You are always welcome here to make a request if you so desire, but if you still wish to have access to our services, we must kindly (and for the last time) ask that you stop advertising in our thread.

Thank you.

again I am not advertising. This was my 1 check. I have been responded really badly throughout all request threads. No one is nice to me. Good bye.
  • Options
    solar_midnitesolar_midnite Posts: 7,557 Member
    edited October 2012
    andre825 wrote:

again I am not advertising. This was my 1 check. I have been responded really badly throughout all request threads. No one is nice to me. Good bye.

I'm sorry. I don't normally get involved with stuff like this. But I lurk on this thread (and all previous threads) frequently due to the amazing creations you guys churn out on a weekly - and sometimes even daily - basis. So I'd just like to say, andre825, that yes, you are advertising. Posting on a thread that provides a service to people and telling those people about your own service that's exactly the same is advertising. Maybe not the dictionary definition, but you know full well what you were doing. And to make matters worse, despite being asked politely by D.N.A. members multiple times, you still persisted.

If you were really serious about "collaborating" (possibly not the right word; my words escape me at the moment) with the other teams, why not send them a message on their wall directly instead of clogging up their threads with unrelated business?

I can't say whether anyone is being mean to you or not as I don't stalk you throughout the forums (that'd be really weird). But if that's true, maybe you deserved it? I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you were warned many times about doing something, then ignored those warnings and did it anyway, then I think you deserve whatever you get.

That's just the opinion of a designated lurker, though. I'm sure the D.N.A. team, wonderful and kind-hearted as they are, would still see fit to fulfill any request you might place with them provided you can keep your own team away from theirs.

Back into my hidey-hole I go. Apologies if I upset/offended/saddened anyone. :/
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited October 2012
    andre825 wrote:
    andre825 wrote:

Thank you.

OriginalSim: I think he means me. I am the "founder" of D.N.A. in that I was the person who started the team. He treats it like "leader" and we definitely do not have one of those (as you and others have said, we are all equal members of our team).

Andre: I'm sorry that you feel that people are not nice to you, but look at it from someone else's perspective.

You copied the request threads of other people (us and other teams).

I befriended you and tried to explain in a nice way that that is considered stealing and that it makes people upset. I told you this privately, on your page, so that you wouldn't be embarrassed. You did NOTHING about this until people got mad and said things to you on your own request thread.

You advertised on our request thread for your own team. The first time you did it, we asked you quite politely not to do that, explained why it is such a problem AND I wrote you privately on your page to explain that no one was mad and we hoped to be friends but some things aren't done. I pointed out to you that now that you and I were friends you could get in touch with the team by posting on my Sim page, that that was the appropriate way of doing it and NOT posting on the D.N.A. Request Thread.

You have since advertised on our thread (whether YOU see it that way or not, by posting about YOUR TEAM on OUR THREAD that is exactly what you are doing) so many times that our CUSTOMERS have yelled at you.

If people are upset with you, it is because you refuse to listen until someone yells. No matter how carefully things are explained to you, you never make any changes in your behavior until someone gets mad and says something stern to you.

I don't think you are a bad person, but I think that you don't even THINK about your behavior. Like right now. If you really wanted the founders of the request teams to join your website, you could have asked us to do that on our Sim Pages. You did NOT have to come (again) to advertise your website on our Request Thread as you have been repeatedly asked not to do.

If people are "mean" to you, maybe you should examine your own behavior.

My mother always said that if you can't get along with anyone, maybe it isn't everyone else's fault.

I am not mad at you, and it makes me sad that you feel you must "take your ball and go home" but if that is the only way that you feel you can follow the rules of our thread, then perhaps it is for the best that you don't come here any longer.

Best of luck to you. I mean that.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited October 2012
    I just wanted to check in and see how things are going. I am loving the new builds that are coming out :D You are all amazing creators. Cannot wait for mine to be claimed.. I promised Zoo that I would no longer run through here; so I will dance in place while I wait in line... Bwa ha ha ha ha... Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!
  • Options
    maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi!!! I'm just checking in, pleased to see my request claimed. I was away for a week.
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited October 2012
    sanarith your home is finished :] Sorry it took me so long, had a few building problems but got everything the way I want it so here it is. It's a pretty big house so your family will have plenty of room. I added a indoor hottub, gym and office. I also fenced in a garden for you so the zombies can't get to them. Hope you like it :mrgreen:

Screenshot-93_zpsc4b7ae03.jpg

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6493910

• Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited October 2012
    This one is next for me, we're already friends :mrgreen:
    I'd like to say how much I appreciate this thread, and all the people keeping everything made at a high standard, and making so many people happy :D

Request Form (Community Lot)
    Username: xGrimxxBeansx
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Type of lot (laundromat, club, library, park, etc.): Library
    Which EPs and SPs do you have?: Ambitions, Generations
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)?
    Lot size (dimensions): 30x30
    Public restrooms?: Yes please :-)
    Favorite color schemes: Lots of blue, with some neutral colours in there too
    Colors you dislike: Brown, pink, purple, black
    Do you want it furnished and decorated?: Yes please
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used?: No, sorry
    Please list the Store content that can be used: All freebie content
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: None
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one?: Sunset Valley
    Link to specific building or plan: I don't have one... sorry
    Special requirements (subway, parking, registers, etc.)?: Childrens area - please keep it with the colour scheme you use though. And an area with computers and desks
    Additional instructions?: No budget, I'd like it if it had either a modern or beach theme - if that's no trouble :mrgreen:

Thanks again! :D
    ~ Grimbeans
    EDIT = Correcting spellings
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    edited October 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    sanarith your home is finished :] Sorry it took me so long, had a few building problems but got everything the way I want it so here it is. It's a pretty big house so your family will have plenty of room. I added a indoor hottub, gym and office. I also fenced in a garden for you so the zombies can't get to them. Hope you like it
    [IMAGE]

Rawr- I cannot thank you enough!!! It's beautiful. I've recc'd and downloaded already. I cannot get over how much I love it!!! <3 You guys are amazing builders. I'll be back ;-)
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited October 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    sanarith your home is finished :] Sorry it took me so long, had a few building problems but got everything the way I want it so here it is. It's a pretty big house so your family will have plenty of room. I added a indoor hottub, gym and office. I also fenced in a garden for you so the zombies can't get to them. Hope you like it :mrgreen:

Nik, this is gorgeous! Love the siding on this modern. Usually I wouldn't think of clapboard on such a modern house but it totally works here. Also, I really get a beachy feel for this place. Love it!
    oow785m
  • Options
    KylieS21KylieS21 Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited October 2012
    Mir_lop wrote:
    Username:Mir_lop
    Species: Horse
    Breed:๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ vanner of friesian
    Primary coat color: White
    Markings desired:Some areas are black
    Traits: Agile,Friendly, Obedient
    Name desired (optional):Harper
    Link to reference pics:
    http://thepetspot.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/705805-500x370.jpg if that doesn't work you could just google the breed
    Additional instructions: The mane is black at the top and white at the bottom,tail is white with some black in it

Claiming this one. Shouldn't take too long at all, although I'm not sure it's possible to achieve the look you want with the mane.
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited October 2012
    maxjor928 wrote:
    Hi!!! I'm just checking in, pleased to see my request claimed. I was away for a week.

Check out the WIP below:

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/scdesigner2003/?action=view&current=gothic.jpg

I've already changed the door color and modified the trees to look spooky but I don't have a pic of those changes. I'm not home but wanted to share what I could. Have a great day!

Slideshow link: http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/scdesigner2003/DNA Maxor Gothic/?albumview=slideshow

LOTS of pics but still fine tuning :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited October 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:

Another Fabulous build Nik!

Thread is up to date!
  • Options
    rachel270692rachel270692 Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2012
    *sit back in chair waitting for my house to be made, and checking out the others house* these houses are amzaing, I wish i could make them but everytime i try it looked like a box hehe. You guys are so cool :D
  • Options
    Mir_lopMir_lop Posts: 1,093 Member
    edited October 2012
    KylieS21 wrote:
    Mir_lop wrote:
    Link to reference pics:
    http://thepetspot.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/705805-500x370.jpg if that doesn't work you could just google the breed
    Additional instructions: The mane is black at the top and white at the bottom,tail is white with some black in it

Claiming this one. Shouldn't take too long at all, although I'm not sure it's possible to achieve the look you want with the mane.

Thank you, and don't worry about it but I wanted to know if it was possible to change the gender from female to male, you can change the name to whatever you'd like. Sorry if I'm too late
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    andre825 wrote:
    andre825 wrote:

Thank you.

OriginalSim: I think he means me. I am the "founder" of D.N.A. in that I was the person who started the team. He treats it like "leader" and we definitely do not have one of those (as you and others have said, we are all equal members of our team).

Andre: I'm sorry that you feel that people are not nice to you, but look at it from someone else's perspective.

You copied the request threads of other people (us and other teams).

I befriended you and tried to explain in a nice way that that is considered stealing and that it makes people upset. I told you this privately, on your page, so that you wouldn't be embarrassed. You did NOTHING about this until people got mad and said things to you on your own request thread.

You advertised on our request thread for your own team. The first time you did it, we asked you quite politely not to do that, explained why it is such a problem AND I wrote you privately on your page to explain that no one was mad and we hoped to be friends but some things aren't done. I pointed out to you that now that you and I were friends you could get in touch with the team by posting on my Sim page, that that was the appropriate way of doing it and NOT posting on the D.N.A. Request Thread.

You have since advertised on our thread (whether YOU see it that way or not, by posting about YOUR TEAM on OUR THREAD that is exactly what you are doing) so many times that our CUSTOMERS have yelled at you.

If people are upset with you, it is because you refuse to listen until someone yells. No matter how carefully things are explained to you, you never make any changes in your behavior until someone gets mad and says something stern to you.

I don't think you are a bad person, but I think that you don't even THINK about your behavior. Like right now. If you really wanted the founders of the request teams to join your website, you could have asked us to do that on our Sim Pages. You did NOT have to come (again) to advertise your website on our Request Thread as you have been repeatedly asked not to do.

If people are "mean" to you, maybe you should examine your own behavior.

My mother always said that if you can't get along with anyone, maybe it isn't everyone else's fault.

I am not mad at you, and it makes me sad that you feel you must "take your ball and go home" but if that is the only way that you feel you can follow the rules of our thread, then perhaps it is for the best that you don't come here any longer.

Best of luck to you. I mean that.

Zoo

ok I understand. BTW to answer someones question about why im requesting here and not to my own team:

Our team is very busy and i placed it a long time ago.

Edit: yes I meant leader.
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    edited October 2012
    andre825 wrote:

ok I understand. BTW to answer someones question about why im requesting here and not to my own team:

Hang on. One thing I don't understand is that you have your own request team, but you can't build your own lots?
  • Options
    KylieS21KylieS21 Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited October 2012
    Mir_lop wrote:
    KylieS21 wrote:
    Mir_lop wrote:
    Link to reference pics:

Thank you, and don't worry about it but I wanted to know if it was possible to change the gender from female to male, you can change the name to whatever you'd like. Sorry if I'm too late

Bah I literally just finished making her. Sorry. This is something you can easily change in game though. I hope that is ok.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    sanarith wrote:
    andre825 wrote:

Hang on. One thing I don't understand is that you have your own request team, but you can't build your own lots?

Ok now this is getting confusing... Yes we can build our own lots and pets BUT I made this request a LONg time ago. Before I started the team
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2012

Found that my request has already been requested and built. Nevermind. LOL Shameless bump until I can find the pictures of the house from Bewitched. :) Then I'll fill out another form and come to bug you again!
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2012
    Mcveighjess- hey im not part of the team but the Practical Magic house was already built by Klorelei (who is on the team i believe)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5608608

it's absolutely stunning
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2012
    krimsonnox wrote:
    Mcveighjess- hey im not part of the team but the Practical Magic house was already built by Klorelei (who is on the team i believe)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5608608

it's absolutely stunning

Thank you!!! And you're right, I just found it. Downloading now!!! :) Appreciate you letting me know! It's fabulous!
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited October 2012
    ::hits the easy button:: "that was easy" lol

:) I have that house in my game and i LOVE it.
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited October 2012
    Lol, Krim - you just beat me to it ^____^

Glad you're happy, mcveighjess! :D

--Wibble
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited November 2012
    Username: Emiie10
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): Modern
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? ALL EP's/SP's
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? Katy Perry
    Lot size (dimensions): Large - unsure of dimensions -
    Number of bedrooms: 7
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? Adult parents (M+F) Daughter (Teen - could this room please have a vintage theme to it) Son (Child - a dinosaur theme please) toddlers (two girls - cute and very, very girly please!) and 1 guest room for Grandpa when he will come over for thanksgiving! - The others are spare rooms.
    Number of bathrooms: 7 (5 rooms with en-suit)- parent's, daughter's, grandpa's, 1 of the spare rooms and the son's please -
    Favorite color schemes:
    Colors you dislike:
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Any (just please provide a link so that if I don't have it I can get it)
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: None
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one?
    Link to specific house or plan:
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? Pool, 3 car garage, big yard, dog friendly + a dog run in the yard, laundry room, home cinema, 2 family rooms, library + study) attic, basement, conservatory, private garden area, grill and outdoor seating.
    Additional instructions? Could I have split levelling also please

Front of house

Edit: Would it be possible to also have a playroom for the younger children (possible connected to the library) green house, with a glass roof if possible! And a shed please!)
    Post edited by Unknown User on