Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opportunities? Not really getting them.

My sims from moonlight falls don't seem to be getting any opportunities...it's kinda a bummer. My one sim stopped getting any after reaching level 10 of the alchemy skill, and the other, a teen, has never really gotten any (ie, not even to clean out bug cages or work or so and so for an assignment...which my other CAS teens have done in the past).

BTW my ladies are a witch (and I'm waiting for the garden opportunity for her to get omni seeds...she's been at level 10 for quite awhile) and a fairy teen which both live in Moonlight Falls. I do have MC with Cheats, OW, Travller, SP with expanded and extra, Register, and Error Trap. This was happening before the patch (and well, I haven't patched yet so I'm still at 1.38)

So has this happened to others...not sure if it is a bug per se or something that I may be overlooking...

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2012
    My sims from moonlight falls don't seem to be getting any opportunities...it's kinda a bummer. My one sim stopped getting any after reaching level 10 of the alchemy skill, and the other, a teen, has never really gotten any (ie, not even to clean out bug cages or work or so and so for an assignment...which my other CAS teens have done in the past).

BTW my ladies are a witch (and I'm waiting for the garden opportunity for her to get omni seeds...she's been at level 10 for quite awhile) and a fairy teen which both live in Moonlight Falls. I do have MC with Cheats, OW, Travller, SP with expanded and extra, Register, and Error Trap. This was happening before the patch (and well, I haven't patched yet so I'm still at 1.38)

So has this happened to others...not sure if it is a bug per se or something that I may be overlooking...
    It's funny you should mention this because while I do get opportunities for all the regular stuff and from my other EPs I have not gotten any opportunities of a supernatural nature. Has anyone gotten any opportunities specifically dealing with alchemy or anything that would specifically pertain tl the Supernatural EP?
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, the one opportunity I did get was eventually for the philosopher Stone (so you don't have to wast LTR to get it). You start by collecting bugs for this person, then you collect honey for that person (their seem to be at least five steps in this opportunity chain). But that what I had got and have not received any other types after...
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm not playing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right now, but I hardly ever get any Opportunities at all unless my Sim is a celeb. Usually I have a self employed gardener, so I understand that I don't get many work opportunities, but I seldom even get the "Perfect Harvest" opportunity anymore. :?:
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited September 2012
    There's been some talk about the combined community buildings in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 being a problem with triggering certain opportunities. The only solution thus far has been to remove those and replace them with the individual buildings.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited September 2012
    My witch in Moonlight gets offered opportunity quite a bit to bring stuff to the Science Facility, like bugs, to bring her alchemy up...but her alchemy is already at level 10, so now I just ignore it.
  • Options
    CimaraNyx1CimaraNyx1 Posts: 469
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that I also had no problem getting the opportunity for my fairy to get her Omni seeds, also in Moonlight.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    I haven't had any trouble getting opportunities in 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I couldn't complete the one to make imaginary friends turn real--but I hate IFs anyways. I got the Omni plant opportunity on two sims already, and completed it. I've completed the alchemy opportunities with four different sims already. The only opportunity I'm having trouble getting to come up is writing autobiographies. My author sim has written nearly 100 books now. He got an opportunity to write a satire novel for someone but still hasn't been asked to write any biographies :(
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited September 2012
    I've noticed my sims, no matter what town, don't seem to be getting any opportunites anymore. This started happening, at least for me, AFTER I installed the latest patch.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited September 2012
    I still get a lot of opportunities- but specific ones are not popping, even with a random push using Twallan's MC. Specifically, my gardening Sims are no longer getting the special plant series of opportunities; I have to specifically push them using mods now :(

I even left one Sim at level 9 Gardening until she died... it never popped. I would chalk it up to bad luck, but I think something is off, because this hasn't happened before...
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, and the funny thing it is only in Moonlight Falls...my other characters in other games (who are also not SN in any way) ARE getting them...that is why it seems so odd that these ladies are not getting them. It is just as MinDtrkz described...I was lucky that I got the opportunity to get the philosopher's stone (and who know's maybe them dying and coming back to life had something to do with it too...but they were not getting opportunities before then either.)...

I haven't updated to the newest patch yet (I want NRaas to find most of the bugs and then I will do so)...as MinDtrkz, it just feels as if something is off...and maybe making the buildings different too would help...