Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowl stuck to m sim, weird black panels, error 12, all was lost lol

So I only have the sims 3 base game because I really want to explore everything this specific game has before I go to the next ep. I used to be very anti sims 3 so I'm very behind you all. I don't use CC or cheats. Trying to play the game properly. When I run into a glitch or weirdness, I always have my iphone in hand and search the answer, resolve and then move onto my play.

My one sim had a bowl to stuck to her hand. So I found that if I resetsim (her name) it would put her back to what she was before the bowl stuck. It worked. \o/ Yay!

So I resumed to buy some things and the buy mode panels were all blacked out. You can still click on things but you had no idea what you were clicking. Pics or it didn't happen right?

PFNv1.jpg

So that was weird. And it literally happened seconds after I did the reset sim. So I googled for answers and just got a lot of "my whole screen went black and it crashed" which I'm fortunate to not come across yet.

So I tried to save and reload..

The background was all crazy but I couldn't cap it in time. I got my first error 12 message.

q2Cpx.png

l87ca.png

So I said ok and it took me back to my game like nothing happened.

I tried to minimize the game window and it wouldn't even do that. I also tried to go into options and it came out like this..

kFccj.jpg

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I finally gave up and lost my awesome family it took me forever to build. I was raising 5 toddlers at once (the crying really killed me that even I got super stressed trying to keep all the babies socialized, fed, potty trained, etc), got excellent parenting and got to pick traits. Did all the baby books. Parents broke up and were enemies but it was good drama lol. Father was unemployed, mom was nearly top of the political career and they were rich without cheats T___T all gone. GONEEEEE D:

Since I couldn't find the solution to the black panels, does anyone happen to have any advice in case it comes up again? Thanks for listening ^^

Oh and I read that there is a mod error trap by twallan (not sure I spelled that right) that prevents error 12's and 16's. Or not being logged into your account while you play somehow stopped the errors for one person. So those are some ideas for anyone curious...

Comments

• Options
    efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Can you post your dxdiag? Are you on a desktop or laptop?