Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE HELP/ Installing issues!! * SOLVED *

Hey, I know this probably is an easy fix, but I am clueless!! Help!!

I was having issues with the game freezing up, and I saw a forum saying that I should cut everything out of my Electronics Arts folder (located in my documents). And that did solve the problem, because when I restarted the game it was like brand new....

HOWEVER, now I cannot install and sims 3 downloaded content using the launcher....

It keeps saying "Program stopped responding" after I click install...

How do I fix this?? Am I now missing a file or something???

:( :? please please HelP mE...

Comments

• Options
    dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not to sound like a total jerk, but this is the SECOND time (different issue) I have asked for help, and NO ONE responds. I posted something last week and still no one has offered any help...

Are my posts not showing up? or Is there no one who can help? :cry:
  • Options
    DorkyFarklepantsDorkyFarklepants Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2012
    You don't sound like a jerk, just a frustrated player. You'll probably find that no one has had this issue or able to resolve it at this point of time.

The only things I could suggest is making sure your game is patched,and Origin is up to date. My solution to most of my own problems is just to uninstall and reinstall, which is a real pain in the but with 14 games. :cry:

Sorry I cant be of any real help, hopefully someone will post something to help you soon.

• Options
    mustangmamamustangmama Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2012
    Are you trying to "select all" when you try to install?

Here's the reason I asked: It did this to me when I tried to install mine so I chose only one. I let it install then went back clicked "select all". Then they all installed.

Don't know if it will work for you but can't hurt to try.
  • Options
    psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    edited September 2012
    This may seem obvious but did you try rebooting your computer? I had the exact same thing happen when I decided to start with a clean folder and rebooting my pc fixed it for me.
  • Options
    dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for your help.

I tried all those things, and it was still crashing.

I went back into the Electronic Arts folder, and removed all the content in there. Then I restarted the game and it asked if I wanted the latest update from the store, and I declined. Now the launcher works....

I think the problem was with the store update/launcher update, and when I deleted everything in the EA folder, it also deleted the update. So at this point I am not going up update my launcher....

Thanks for all the suggestions. By accident I fixed the problem... Thank GOD (it was sooo annoying!)

Hopefully we are back up and running like normal. Now if anyone has this problem, do what I did...worked for me lol :wink: