Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Witch and Fairy War

The Witch and Fairy War
by Potterphyle

RoseAnne Haedrich is an ordinary girl. She is somewhat shy and mainly a homebody. When she is at home, she likes to write and paint. Those are her passions in life. She has become quite good at both. After moving to Moonlight Falls, she has noticed a change. There have been periods of time she cannot remember. She started noticing odd things placed around her home. The garage was locked to her and a garden, with a gate she cannot open, materialized over night. "Am I going crazy?" she asked herself.

Screenshot-49.jpg

Meet Morgana the Haunted, a powerful witch, who was cursed, by fairies, to spend her life locked into a magical prison. The only way the spell could be broken was if a direct heir of the queen fairy ever owned the item. The fairy king sent the amulet into an alternate dimension, knowing that his kind would never see it again.

Screenshot-4.jpg

Hundreds of years went by, and eventually some fairies decided to leave the magical world for one with the mortals. They spread out in the mortal world and eventually produced human children, as well as very rare fairy births. The fairy ways were not passed on to children, since there were so few fairy births and parents were not well versed in the ancient ways. It's no wonder that what came to be did.

Screenshot-11.jpg

When RoseAnne's grandmother passed away, she inherited a lovely home in Moonlight Falls. She decided, since she was out of college and making ends meet by selling her artwork, she would take this new opportunity. She packed all her things and left home, promising to get in touch with her family if she needed anything. RoseAnne had never met her grandmother, so she was surprised that her grandmother wanted her to have the family home. There was a note, left in the desk, that told RoseAnne to lead a wonderfully blessed and happy fae life. "What? Was she in a cult, was that why mom never came around?" she thought. After more exploring, RoseAnne found an old armoir. She thought she heard whispers coming from it. When she opened the door, there was a whooshing noise and it felt as if something cold had ran through her body. That night, as she laid down to sleep, she had the feeling that someone was watching her.

"Go ahead and enjoy your rest, little pretty. I have work to do, before I can come back into my own body. For now though, I will just have to borrow yours!" and just like that, Morgana cast her essence into RoseAnne's body. "It has been far too long since I have enjoyed the night!" Hahahaha! Up and into the town she went, hoping for any victim, to practice her magics on. There were people in the park, and werewolves? What is this place and what time is this? She wondered...maybe she needed to do more research into where she was.

Screenshot-39.jpg
Screenshot-41.jpg

So it went on for months. RoseAnne, while feeling tired and drained, even though she was getting full nights of sleep, stayed around home--painting or writing. Morgana, when RoseAnne went to bed, would creep into her body and head to the apothecary, doing research. A delightful little witch who worked at the apothecary was the first member of her coven. She had told Morgana about the joys of the modern world. She had also helped Morgana get started with her mystical research in this new age.

Screenshot-66.jpg

One night, she finally found the answer to the biggest problem. "I can split her body into two, but I have to grant her full fae powers to sustain our lives." Now Morgana was on a mission. There was only one potion that she knows of to grant a fairy her powers. The ingredients were hard to come by. Every night, she would use her energy to conjure apples and try to transmutate them into the ingredients. When frustrated, she would go into town and terrorize the locals for amusement. Not to mention making it her goal to find all the fairies in town, to eventually KILL.

Screenshot-39.jpg
Screenshot-44.jpg
Screenshot-45.jpg

RoseAnne was reading the paper and came across an article about a dark witch, setting the park next door on fire. The eyewitness described her in a general way, that sounded to RoseAnne, too close to her own features...aside from the "scary mask" part. What if I am doing this crazy stuff, while I am blacked out, she thought with a frown. So RoseAnne set out to do some research of her own.

It was too little too late, Morgana had finally finished brewing the potion and planned to use it on that night, on the full moon. RoseAnne spent the last normal day of her life, painting the day away. As evening approached, she felt drawn to sleep. She laid on the couch and that was all she can remember.

Screenshot-95.jpg

Morgana took control of her body, and quickly went to gather her supplies. It was now or maybe never, since she was beginning to feel weak herself, when borrowing the body. She crept back into the house, seeing the sleeping form coming to. Boom, she threw the potion before it was too late.

Screenshot-102.jpg

"Wha--?" it was a swirl of body parts and confusion. She felt as if she were being ripped apart. Was this supposed to hurt. She felt someone clawing at her and she started to claw at them as well. Then all was still and quiet. When she opened her eyes, she saw RoseAnne, sitting across from her, looking just as stunned as she was.

Screenshot-98.jpg

"Who are you and what have you done to me?" RoseAnne asked.
"I am Morgana the Haunted. Your ancestors were very fearful of me, for my power and my beauty. They cursed me to live the rest of my days locked into that armoir, but you felt drawn to it, and let me out." Morgana purred, "now, you and I are bonded to each other. You have given me my life back, and now you will realize your full potential. I warn you, though, step not in my way for I am still angry and will not hesitate to crush you!"

Screenshot-99.jpg

"What are you babbling about? HELP!!!" RoseAnne started to scream.
Smack! The sound echoed in the silent house. "Shut up, do not make another sound. You are now my sister, even if we loathe each other, you will go about your life and I mine." Morgana took pleasure in the act of slapping her newly gained sister.

Screenshot-14.jpg

RoseAnne walked to the mirror and for the first time saw her body. From her back, wings protuding gracefully. "You descend from a fairy kingdom, which is long gone, from what I have discovered." Morgana sighed, "We are both victims of your family. I imprisoned, because the fairy king loved me and his queen was jealous. You, because your people didn't see the need to teach their children the ancient ways."
RoseAnne was stunned, was this the secret her grandmother was shunned for? Did her grandmother have answers hidden away in this house? Who was Morgana , and why was she so bent on destruction? "Are you the person who has been terrorizing the locals at night? Did you use my body to do it?"

Screenshot-103.jpg

"Of course it was me, and I have been possessing your body since the night you set me free. I spent many hours at the apothecary, doing research, you see, I wanted my own body again." Morgana said.

"So, what happens now?" RoseAnne asked.

"We live here, together, even though we despise each other. There are more disgusting fairies, in this town. Maybe you can reach out to them and they will help you. But I warn you again, no trying to double cross me. I am alive again and I mean to stay that way. I have a very powerful coven, to protect me." Morgana warned seriously.

RoseAnne thought about it and decided it was worth a try, because she wasn't ready to die. For some reason, now that Morgana had her own body, RoseAnne thought she was a serious threat to her wellbeing.

For years, Morgana and RoseAnne lived in the same home. Morgana had unlocked the charms on the garden and garage. RoseAnne, while scared of Morgana , was in awe of her power and intelligence. She tried to engage in conversation, but Morgana was suspicious of her and the attempts at friendship. Morgana's coven grew, just as RoseAnne's relationship with the fairies. Anytime the fairies came over, Morgana found any excuse to be ill tempered and horrible to them. She was not liked at all by the fairies. The coven would often show up to intimidate the fairies. There was much trickery and nasty charms exchanged between the groups.

Screenshot-81.jpg
Screenshot-105.jpg

One day while visiting her fairy friends, RoseAnne was presented with a question.
"Why don't we try to contain her again, RoseAnne?" Alfred asked.

Screenshot-112.jpg

"Because, what if she is telling the truth? If the king was in love with her, yet let the queen cast her into prison, she has a right to be angry. If we could just find a way to make it up to her, do you think she would have the potential to be a good witch? She is brilliant! Anything she sets her mind to, she accomplishes. I think it was fate that brought me to set her free, and help her become a better person, just as she improved my life, by giving me the power of Fae." RoseAnne replied.

"Yeah, and what if she is just a liar? What then? We let her and her coven continue to terrorize the town, just because you are afriad of them?" Alfred asked, frustrated.

Screenshot-113.jpg

"No, but we should try to find out more about her, before we lock her away again. If we trap their leader, the coven will do anything to get her back, even if it means full war in town. If we can't find out the truth, we may have to lock them all up, especially Morgana." RoseAnne agreed with a sigh.

Morgana, on the other hand, was thriving in her newfound freedom. But, she wasn't happy. You see, she was telling the truth. The king of the fairies had been a very handsome man. He was married to the most beautiful creature you can imagine. It was an arranged marriage for the good of the kingdom, he had told her. His wife, was an ice queen and he wanted someone who loved him. What Morgana didn't know, was that the king had several lovers. The queen grew suspicious and followed him one day. That day, Morgana was the "lucky" girl waiting for him. She drew the full wraith of the queen. Doomed to be locked away into an old garment container for the rest of eternity. Plenty of time to think about what she did and didn't do.
RoseAnne could see the troubled look that sometimes passed Morgana's face. Even though Morgana fought with her constantly, she still tried to be friendly. She needed proof that Morgana was wronged, then maybe she could call the fairies off. They were getting more and more restless as time passed. Morgana wasn't doing herself any favors by being so ill tempered. She was going to be locked away again, just because she was proving what a horrible person she was.

Screenshot-114.jpg

One day, while wandering through the house, RoseAnne heard a whisper. Almost like the one that attracted her to the armoire. She noticed a hidden door, behind the very armoire that she freed Morgana from. Inside, there were books, many books.

What she found hidden inside were ancient tales from the fairy world. These would come in so handy to the fairies in this age. All this knowlegde was lost to them before!

Screenshot-111.jpg

In one of the tomes, she found reference to Morgana. It was as the other fairies thought, evil witch, killed our kind, lock her away, end of story. Very upset, tears streamed down RoseAnne's face, because she didn't want to believe it. That is when she noticed the book glowing. When her tears touched the page, the words transformed. A lovely voice filled the room, "all is not as recorded, dear child. I am the fairy queen, I lived my life in regret of what I did to Morgana. Shortly after my husband discarded of the armoire, I found him with another fairy. He wanted to banish her as well, but it was then I saw the truth. No matter how many innocent women I punished, he would always be the same. I could continue to turn a blind eye to his shortcomings, or I could clean up my life. At the time, unknown to me, I was pregnant. I left him, unheard of to the fairies, one of the first to come into the mortal world. I had my baby here, one of the last pure fairies that made it into the mortal world. I took care of my child and looked for that armoire my whole life, swearing off men."

That was when another voice took over. "After my mother passed away, I took up the search. My father had hidden it well. I met a mortal man in my teen years. My mother warned me about him, but he was a very good man. He was your great grandfather, though he was born many, many, many years ago. See we fairies age differently. It wasn't uncommon for fairies to go through several mortal partners over their lifetime, producing mainly human children. I had only one love, and one daughter, who was also a fairy."

Then another voice, "my mother grieved herself to death, she was still a very young woman, but died not too long after my father. I took over the search for the armoir. I am one of those fairies who lived my life with several human partners. I was childless until the last husband. It was your grandfather. Yes, RoseAnne, I am a fairy. I finally found the armoire. Unfortunately, your mother, who was born human, decided to shy away from her crazy mom. I was so saddened. I received an announcement of your birth, but never got to see you. I had the armoire, brought into this house, with full intentions of you having it my dear. I hoped that you could right the wrong that happened back then, and bring peace to the fairies and Morgana. One day, I will see you in person, as I am not dead, only traveling the world. I knew your mother would never let you come to me, had I been here."

Stunned, RoseAnne looked at the book. The writing was now permanent. What a jerk the king of the fairies had been. He destroyed lives, much worse than Morgana causing a little mischief. She packed up the book and headed out to see the fairies.

"This really happened?" Alfred asked. "so now we know the truth...how do we fix it?"

"I will start, by showing it to Morgana. Maybe when she reads this, she will understand that someone was looking for her, to free her, from the beginning." RoseAnne said.

That night, RoseAnne crept into the garage, to find Morgana studying. "May I speak with you, are you too busy?" she asked.

"What do you want? Make it quick, I have things to do tonight." Morgana snapped.

"I wanted to show you this book I found, behind the, um, armoire." RoseAnne said quietly.

Screenshot-115.jpg

That had the intended effect. Morgana snapped to attention and grabbed the book from her hands. She sat there, reading intently, for an hour. Then the tears flowed from her like a fountain. As it did so, the evil markings on her face dissolved and her true beauty shone for the first time in hundreds of years. The curse had finally been broken. "What this town must think of me?" she stammered.

Screenshot-116.jpg

"I am casting a charm on them...of forgetfulness. They will only see you as my twin sister, a good witch." RoseAnne, hugged Morgana as she said this. "You can use your powers for good, helping them."

Screenshot-125.jpg

"What about the fairies?" Morgana asked.

"I think they will be more than happy to forgive and forget, seeing as this was started by a fairy." RoseAnne said knowingly.

Screenshot-121.jpg

The next few months passed a little slowly. There was some damage that seemed as if it would take a hundred more years to repair, such as the relationship between the coven and the fairies. They had spent this past year being mortal enemies. It was harder for them to forget the past than it was for the mortals. Leading by example, Morgana and RoseAnne became the best of friends. They visited the fairies and the coven, together, putting up a united front. After a few months, the rift was repaired.

"Now what do we do?" Morgana asked RoseAnne one day.

Screenshot-127.jpg

"Live happily ever after?" RoseAnne replied with a smile.

Screenshot-126.jpg

"Indeed." they both said together.

The End

Comments

• Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited September 2012
    Now THAT was a great story!!! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much for sharing... Only bad part was I want more! :lol:
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2012
    ^Ditto! It was Epic!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you both...I still have this game save, I may get around to seeing who they may live happily ever after with....I am sort of curious who Morgana would fall in love with, now that her beef with the fairies is over. There is a guy in town, that sort of reminds me of Legolas from LotR. He may make a good fairy, if I can find him again. ;-)
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited September 2012
    Potterphyle, this was awesome :mrgreen: Your story is an excellent read!
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited September 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    Potterphyle, this was awesome :mrgreen: Your story is an excellent read!

Thank you dear, I liked your story too! I'd like to know if Mirelle gets caught being good, by her family, hehe. The recolor on her dress was beautiful as well.