Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Prep; A Little Late

Hello everyone

I've been so busy with college and my job that I haven't done much for getting ready for Seasons. All I've done is prep and repopulate the town that I wanted, but I've forgotten one crucial thing!

I have not created my household yet. This is only important to do ahead of time for now because I want my Sims to have high cooking skills and know all of the recipes for this EP.

I think I'll start by making a household with an elder and her two daughters level up all their cooking skills and then have one sister move out on her own so she can come visit on the Holidays.

I feel so busy, real life and Sim life are so very demanding.
How is everyone else's preparations coming along?

Comments

• Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know people prepared like this! I usually just install the EP and create a new family for it there and then but seeing that a few others are prepping I might give it a try!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,777 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm trying to figure out what programs, etc. on my computer I can safely remove to hopefully gain a tad more space. (Tempted to have my hubby "wipe it clean", to remove any lurking problems,too.) Certainly, I'll remove the side and thoroughly gas dust the insides! I'm maxed out on my RAM upgrades (having just shy of 4Gigs of memory) and I have only so much space on my hard drive. I would love to be able to afford a new higher powered graphics card and get the power booster it'll need. But then again this machine was new seven years ago last month!

Yes, it was bought new for Sims2. Between that and editing Volume 2 (readying it to be published) of my newly accepted Star Trek fan fiction trilogy (see my siggie, below) I, too, have been full to the brim with RL. I don't map out or outline the story(ies) I'll tell in my game. My game is my moment to unwind. LOL Writing is what I do and that's hard enough.

I do have my own characters (families) that I enjoy playing in the game. Currently, I'm working on getting my singer Sim to the top of his career and to master the guitar, too. As well as make him a five-star celebrity. He's well on his way (level 8, 3-stars ) and I'm wondering how snow, or other weather may impact his shows? That is basically how I'm prepping, if you will. I've already managed to get him together with his pre-ordained sweetie. Yes, I'm that controlling. She, too, is an original Sim.

I managed to have them date and build their relationship in between his gigs. They just got engaged, too. Holding off on the wedding until he reaches the pinnacle, especially, since I just had to move the entire family to a new town. (My singer Sim disappeared and the game save was corrupt — as were both backup files :shock: I'm beginning to think it's Erik (the name of this Sim.) I could probably write an entire book on his misadventures as a Sim. This is Erik Cantrell XI. (Good thing as a writer, that I'm used to re-writes. I've certainly had my problems with this Sim.

Oh, and of course, I will remove my mods prior to updating the game, and installing Seasons. :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited September 2012
    Joseff wrote:
    I didn't know people prepared like this! I usually just install the EP and create a new family for it there and then but seeing that a few others are prepping I might give it a try!

this^
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited September 2012
    Kail16 wrote:
    Hello everyone

I've been so busy with college and my job that I haven't done much for getting ready for Seasons. All I've done is prep and repopulate the town that I wanted, but I've forgotten one crucial thing!

I have not created my household yet. This is only important to do ahead of time for now because I want my Sims to have high cooking skills and know all of the recipes for this EP.

I think I'll start by making a household with an elder and her two daughters level up all their cooking skills and then have one sister move out on her own so she can come visit on the Holidays.

I feel so busy, real life and Sim life are so very demanding.
    How is everyone else's preparations coming along?
    you have plenty of time.. theres still 7 weeks.. :/
    even if you only have weekends thats still 24.5 days. [im including half of fridays]
  • Options
    starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    edited September 2012
    am a little late my self cause due my laptop under a repair so i can not play my sim3 game at all ... I do have a little plains though reinstalling sim3 on my laptop and remaking my simself and make a hot werewolf boyfriend for my simself and make a good Gothic house for Halloween/Fall have there careers up to lv 10 before they get marred and once season come out going to have a Halloween wedding party for them sense i love Halloween so that is what am going to do once i play sim3 aging and to be prepping for season
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited September 2012
    Joel2810 wrote:
    Joseff wrote:

this^

OH NO! I plan for every EP release it's always an event for me and I plan based around what ever type of story I want to play I really want a family oriented experience with this EP and dig into all of those Holiday activities and what's a Holiday without good food?
  • Options
    plum_bobby220plum_bobby220 Posts: 293 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I still haven't bought supernatural yet and people are already prepping for the next expansion. :O

So I guess i'll get supernatural soon and play it until seasons comes out. Though I am wanting to create a family tree worthy of the new aliens! Yay
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited September 2012
    I still haven't bought supernatural yet and people are already prepping for the next expansion. :O

So I guess i'll get supernatural soon and play it until seasons comes out. Though I am wanting to create a family tree worthy of the new aliens! Yay

You gotta get started early :lol:

But if you play all new families right away then don't sweat it, unless of course you need to be building them a house