Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why doesn't anyone like World Adventures?

Ok... its like i disagree with nearly everything with people on these forums.... first, i really think University would be one of the most amazing EPs for TS3. and now, about the whole point of this thread... why do almost all of you think WA is the worst EP so far? it adds WAY more stuff than any other EP. and it has 3 worlds... and here on the store, they're selling 1 world for more than $20.... another thing, WA adds frikin Photography and Martial Arts! (also nectar making) MARTIAL ARTS! MEDITATION! THE BEST THINGS EVER!!!!!!!! AND PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!!! and the best part about the game is that it adds a new puzzle game to this simulation game!!! i frikin love exploring tombs and gettin rich, i keep travelling with my sim all the time cause its so fun and he doesnt age.

WA is my #1 favorite unless a University EP comes out... but Late Night is #2 for me, it is also an awesome EP. I really didn't like generations cause it basically added what The Sims is all about. It just specified it... which i find to be a waste when they could have just added those things with the base game... also, Pets only added the pets feature so ***?!?! i guess it appealed to country style people... Showtime was basically the same as Late Night, and Supernatural is like a completely different game!!! its like if they made The Sims 3 Medieval instead of the way they did it which they made The Sims Medieval a base game itself. like *** does magic and fantasy have to do with a life simulator?!?! Ambitious was alright, i liked the new job feature it added, but again... they could have added this with base game... anyways, i really hope TS4 at least includes most of the features from TS3's EPs.. so they dont make a dozen EPs again

Comments

• Options
    slparsonsslparsons Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2012
    The only reason I am not crazy about World Adventures is because I am not a big traveler. I think it was a very neat and creative expansion, but I never really traveled except for maybe a few times. I mostly focus on my career and family in my own neighborhood. I think it just depends on what the person wants to focus on and that is how they rate the expansions.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2012
    I happen to love WA, although I haven't sent a sim to travel lately. Definitely one of my favorite EP's.
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited September 2012
    World Adventures is one of my favorites, if not my most favorite.
  • Options
    FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah...I think how unpopular WA is around here is a shame. In my opinion, it's the best expansion pack of them all. Late Night is for me the only thing that comes close to challenging it.

But Supernatural is amazing.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2012
    I happen to like WA, but I also really like ST. Then again, I just started in the world of sims this March, so I don't have things to compare it to or any expectations...I just like it. SN is great. Funny thing, LN and Pets, though they do have their good points, are probably my least favourite.

And I really wish they could add more adventures...that would be so very wonderful. I LOVE the puzzles. (but maybe make ONE destination that didn't have puzzles that was just R&R because a LOT of people seem to want just a relaxing vacation)
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't like it because it's just not... open enough I guess. It just didn't feel lik the sims to me. It was just too quest and goal oriented and while yes, I could go to the locations and ignore the quests and just chill and learn a skill or those songs and meet the locals etc it just seems like there isn't much to do. I would prefer something a little more family vacation oriented instead of go here, do that, get reward, repeat. Once you've explored one tomb you've explored them all honestly. And imo this pack didn't really add three worlds since I can't live in them. I can only go visit them and not really have much to do while I'm there. I can buy a vacation home but only if I go through enough of those tedious quests to get my visa level up. It just wasn't the pack for me.
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited September 2012
    i actually really like WA :)
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited September 2012
    You're not alone, I promise! I love WA. It is such a different expansion pack, especially with the adventures. It adds an entirely new aspect to the sims, but maybe that's why it's not so huge with fans. Who knows?
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    yabajenyabajen Posts: 1,187 New Member
    edited September 2012
    WA + nraas traveler mod= 10 x better :D
    But I love it on it's own as well.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't like it because like others said it doesn't feel like sims....I don't like having my sims go on quests. Its also not a very family-friendly EP, its hard to control more than one person in one of the vacation worlds at a time. I wish there was more they could do together.

I ended up uninstalling it because I never used anything in it, so it was basically taking up space. I couldn't really use any of the hairs either because they are all China/France/Egypt based and unless I'm making one of those types of sim, what other use would I have for it? Same with the objects...some of them can be used for everyday living but most of the stuff that came with it are like collectables and stuff..

I like EPs that add something for every age stage.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited September 2012
    I absolutely adore WA!

I mainly got it because at least two of my Sims needed the outfits to better suit their characters, but I absolutely love all of it!

I figure, I'll never travel to France or China myself, so I'll let my household do the traveling for me! It's the next best thing! :lol:

And the photography and martial arts skills are pretty fun to learn as well. :D Then there's the lovely sights and adventures and the chance to buy your own vacation house...I could go on for a while. :oops: :lol:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love World Adventures! It's always fun travel and take quests.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited September 2012
    I like it for the objects mainly. I never send my Sims on adventures because I find it tedious and boring. I would have enjoyed a regular vacation type EP, but that hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited September 2012
    well, i really liked it mostly because of the adventure stuff. it felt something like the sims life stories/medieval, and i really liked that. i wish they would add more of this RPG feature into the game.... im tired of the repetitive sim life, work, sleep, eat, talk, woohoo, go to the same places in the same old small town..... world adventures took a pretty long time until it felt repetitive, but its still good... i mostly liked completing the quests cause it felt good, it felt like a real game!!!
  • Options
    CPLe12345CPLe12345 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I love WA, especially after I discovered buydebug cheats. I like going into Al Simhara and trying to make the RL tombs that EA missed. (Valley of the Kings, Djoser's Step Pyramid, The Bent Pyramid, etc.)
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited September 2012
    The reason that I don't like WA has nothing to do with its themes or motives or anything like that.

My ever growing dislike for it is its poor technical quality, its erratic behaviour, its abysmal lack of robustness and things like that.

All combined, of course, with the stupifying condescending and smug hubris constantly being hammered on the heads of legitimate complainers by board moderators and clearly far-below-100 IQ posters who cannot say anything worthwhile but have with an in-born jungle instinct realized that EA will always act with the one principle that Dame Edna so precisely said to one of the guests in her TV show:

FLATTER WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE!

So EA has, effectively, made their "Featured" items and such into a PILLORY!

See something getting "featured" on Sims or Spore official pages, and you can be 95% percent sure that the featured member is a hypocritical idiot who'll just parrot anything EA wants him/her to.
  • Options
    angieshadeangieshade Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Agreed. I never bothered to get Vacation or Bon Voyage because they looked dead boring. WA is the first pack that's made vacations interesting to me.
  • Options
    GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited September 2012
    angieshade wrote:
    Agreed. I never bothered to get Vacation or Bon Voyage because they looked dead boring. WA is the first pack that's made vacations interesting to me.
    yea, thats another reason why its better EP!!! idk why people are asking for another Vacations EP.... its really dumb cause all you do is go to some other community lots and do nothing but the same you would do at home..... WA really changed that for the better.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited September 2012
    Personally I really like WA. I feel it does add an element of goal oriented play that levels out the mundane nature of everyday life with the sims. It is not a family oriented pack as it is hard to control more then one sim at a time during adventures but I also find ambitions has the same issue. So far I have all the pack except SN and my favorite has to be LN. That Ep is just fun all around. I have reservations about SN because Im really not intot he sups and as much as I want the items I dont think I want to pay so much money for just the items. But then again I never really liked any of the "magic" packs in the previous games either.
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love WA it is my most used EP even if I have never completed all the tombs because I get distracted with family life etc (for my sims).
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    RoyWilliamsRoyWilliams Posts: 101 Member
    edited September 2012
    I got it when it first came out and even now when I make a new family to play Supernatural I love World Adventures because, #1 you can take up martial arts and then spend the day breaking space rock blocks for a ridiculous amount of Simoleons and #2 CHESTS!!! Each sim has a personal chest that they keep everything in, which keeps their personal inventory nice and uncluttered. I only keep perfect items in my fridge so everything else goes in a chest beside the fridge and then I have a chest for elixir items.
  • Options
    TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really like WA, but I wish they could have made it possible to swim in the sea because that sort of goes with holidays, but at least it's coming soon :) I love the tombs and am actually a bit scared of the mummies :) Silly! I wish you could reset the adventures so more members of the same family could do them. Or just have more normal holiday things to do...
  • Options
    TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2012
    Each sim has a personal chest that they keep everything in, which keeps their personal inventory nice and uncluttered. I only keep perfect items in my fridge so everything else goes in a chest beside the fridge and then I have a chest for elixir items.

That's a really good idea! I'm gonna do that now :)
  • Options
    AndoriaAndoria Posts: 185 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I think that it may be just a bit presumptious saying that no one likes WA. I have seen many indications that people enjoyed this EP. Of course there are always a few that don't. That is their prerogative.

On a personal note I agree with your views that WA is a wonderful EP. Still my favourite. Just wish EA would give us some more worlds and quests. Like a WA2.
  • Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited October 2012
    I like WA myself for the jewelry and clothing. And most times I did like doing some of the quests. Just that I wished there was more of an option of having it being part questing and part actual things you can do as a family there. I mean I loved all 3 worlds. Very beautiful and colorful. Even loved my sims meeting other sims around their world. But the questing all the time was too much like WOW to me.

And then when I learned that the tombs don't reset it really took the fun out of it. I mean why should only one sim be able to have all the adventures and take the gold and what not. But his great grand son can't come along and do the same quests and get the same gold too? Or another sim from another family for that matter?

Not only that but when Generations came out and I installed it along with WA into my game at the same time. My game got hella glitchy. And would crash. And the two eps just didn't seem to jive with my game eat all any more. So I totally uninstalled it and haven't used it sense. I do miss the clothes and other items for sure though.