Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Illnesses and allergies

Ive read on a few threads that sims will now be able to get unwell and was wondering if this was true?? Does anyone know if there will be illnesses and what they will be .
Personally I've been wanting EA to make bugs and allergies since it started and was so happy when I thought it may be true anyone sharing my excitment?

Whoop whoop can't wait for seasons.... :D

Comments

• Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited September 2012
    yes theyre are ilnlness and allrgies its confirmed

ilness colds in i think

allergies well you can get a shot at the hospital :)
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, your sims can get allergies in Autumn/Fall or Spring! :-) I am also excited for this! :P

And also if you don't want your sims to get sick but they have already, your sims can take a quick trip to the hospital to get an allergy shot, it will clear your Sims’ symptoms quickly.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    This is one of the things I absolutely hated in S2. This and body temperature.

Any sim who gets sick would spread it around like the plague, and all plans are cancelled, because you have to send your sim to bed. No clubbing, no date, etc. And not only all sims in the household get it, but any sim they spoke to gets it as well. So you have to deal with the freaking illness in every rotation you play.

The body temp thing was just as bad. I can't leave my sim in the hot tub too long, because they might catch fire. I can't let my sim kids finish a snowman, because they'll get too cold & the social worker will come.

Knowing these 2 things are back are making me think this is an EP I can skip. That's sad, because I really wanted the carnivals.
  • Options
    ShellbyFayShellbyFay Posts: 288 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I didn't mind illnesses so much back in S2, I don't think my sims suffered badly from it... or I just ignored them, I can't remember.. :?

I have read this in a thread though:
    One question (and more to come) about Seasons: are there different allergies or just only one?
    Just one type of sickness - don't want to blast Sims with them year round

I would like to have seen different allergies affecting Sims differently. Like, you might get the really hot, rock star guy sniffling and sneezing in the spring/summer - grossing out all of his female fans!

But then maybe a child celebrating a day off school because he's caught a cold in the winter!

But at the same time, getting a sim who doesn't seem to get ill or have any allergies, but may suffer from the occasional winter cold.

Maybe sims with the "lucky" trait find themselves not suffering from illnesses or allergies, yet sims with the "unlucky" trait could be the sims who seem to find themselves constantly ill.

All these things would be easily curable at the hospital though, but maybe your sim could suffer from it if you didn't bother with the hospital. Better still - maybe have a disable feature so that simmers who don't enjoy taking trips to the hospital with their sims on a seasonal basis don't have to put up with these allergies and illnesses.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited September 2012
    i can't wait either,i just moved my family to Appaloosa Plains,i think it will be nice for fall and winter and i'm thinking about buying sunlit tides for a summer vacation spot
  • Options
    grapestargrapestar Posts: 288 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I loved illnesses in S2 I would just put them to bed and it didn't spread at all so can't understand how others had problems with this maybe I was just lucky. Im so excited for this part of seasons but unfortunately I've gotta wait till christmas to get it here but hay hoe :)
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited September 2012
    If you want to try illness's before EA releases them in Seasons, & you are not advise to using mods, Twallan has some interesting ones on his website.

Can always check them out & then remove them. Nraas.wikispaces.com
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited September 2012
    thats a pont in seasons if you get ill will it spread to ther sims or not?
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:
    thats a pont in seasons if you get ill will it spread to ther sims or not?

Yeah, who says they haven't updated how the illnesses work? Any info on this? Great question Taylacfc.
  • Options
    onedadou1984onedadou1984 Posts: 95 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I hope that there is an option in the menu to control [like in Supernatural with the witches, werewolves....] so you can turn on/off allergies/illnesses. Don't want an epidemic spreading all over my town, lol
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    They might keep it contagious just harder to spread like if I sim gets ill it may not be passed on to everyone they talk to only the odd sim or not at all hmm... Only time will tell
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I hope that there is an option in the menu to control [like in Supernatural with the witches, werewolves....] so you can turn on/off allergies/illnesses. Don't want an epidemic spreading all over my town, lol

Oh my I would love an epidemic :mrgreen: Haha how cool would that be haha sorry but I see that as a positive would make it a little bit more interesting ah so excitedd
  • Options
    Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't say that cathing illnesses is something you have to wait for. If you have Supernatural installed, you can have your witch cast the pestilence curse. The inflicted sim will have about a day to find a cure (honey, the sunlight charm, and something else), and if they don't, they will suffer a nasty illness that can spread from sim to sim.

I have yet to try it (I'm working on it; Agnes Crumplebottom has a baby to tend to afterall) but I can't wait for it.
  • Options
    Fluffyfoo82Fluffyfoo82 Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm very excited for this.
    Though I've been wondering about something for a while.
    Is there an age restriction for illnesses and allergies?
    I know in the Sims 2, toddlers couldn't get sick (child sims could), but they were the youngest age state that could have allergies.
    For realism, all ages would be interesting (because in real life, being immune to the common cold just because of one's age is a bit on the impossible side), but it would be annoying if my sims' babies and toddlers kept getting sick every time a not-so-healthy sim picks them up.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,792 Member
    edited September 2012

Any sim who gets sick would spread it around like the plague, and all plans are cancelled, because you have to send your sim to bed. No clubbing, no date, etc. And not only all sims in the household get it, but any sim they spoke to gets it as well. So you have to deal with the freaking illness in every rotation you play.

The body temp thing was just as bad. I can't leave my sim in the hot tub too long, because they might catch fire. I can't let my sim kids finish a snowman, because they'll get too cold & the social worker will come.

Knowing these 2 things are back are making me think this is an EP I can skip. That's sad, because I really wanted the carnivals.

I had a bit of fun with the illnesses. I mean, true, it was hard to keep a Sim in bed long enough for them to recover, and true, I had a few epidemics, if you will in my town, or college dorms, but I've noticed the game it a tad bland without the worry of illness. Utopia isn't at all where we belong — not even our Sims!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I just hope kids get off for colds. And their grade won't drop.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If it's like S2, they won't get sick until they get home from school.

I have no idea how it's supposed to be fun to have to send your sims to bed instead of going out on the town, and having that same scenario play out at every house you play.

A game is supposed to be fun, not watching half a hood of sims lying in their beds.

I guess it's great for those who like "reality" in their game. For me, if I want reality, I can turn the game off and live it.

The thought of all the sims on the community carnival lot getting caught in the rain and getting sick, or worse yet, freezing to death is a real buzzkill for me.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited September 2012
    I thought I read in one of the articles on seasons that there was a lifetime reward immune to allergies or some thing like that.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I hope it covers everything - allergies, cold, freezing or spontaneously combusting. I wish they'd talk about it so we'd know exactly what we'll be dealing with.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm guessing it will be children upwards like in S2 but completely agree it would be more realistic if it was all ages but also annoying as toddlers and baby's can't do anything for themselves and every sim that interacted with the baby would get unwell.

I just think sick sims will make the game a little bit more interesting and closer to real life as being ill is a part of life. It might be easier to manage as moodlets may give us some idea of when they feel cold or start to feel unwell, and if they all have umbrellas and outdoor wear there will be less chance of them getting sick for the rain and climate.

If I remember rightly sims on S2 could only get ill from cockroaches and other sims. If sims in sims 3 don't get ill already from bugs that's already a change so the way the illnesses and allergies work might be completely different.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited September 2012

this never happened to me.. :/
  • Options
    TheBuckeye5TheBuckeye5 Posts: 229
    edited September 2012
    grapestar wrote:
    Personally I've been wanting EA to make bugs and allergies

Oh, EA has made plenty of bugs...
  • Options
    icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited September 2012
    I cant wait,I loved when I was getting sick at the sims2,but anyway,my sims doesent looked like sick :roll:
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm excited for some change in my hoods. But, I'm a little apprehensive, if any of you are long time simmers and remember the sims 1 pets...their was a great epidemic from the hamster cages that killed off sims like the plague lol.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited September 2012

My Sims didn't get sick too often, but I loved when they came out with Grandma's Soup. I always made one Sim in the house that had that perk and they would keep a big pot of it in the fridge. Healed everyone immediately.

The overheating and freezing bugged me as well. Someone would call their friend and the avatar would have a blue face because they were freezing to death on some lot somewhere. If it is as bad in Sims 3, I think I will limit the seasons to spring and fall in my main hood.