Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants to help me make up a contest?

My birthday is this Sunday (I'm gonna be olddddd, 33!)and I think I want to host a contest or at least some kind of raffle...
I've not been active lately which is kind of annoying, at least to me but hopefully I'll pop up more from time to time now.

What do we not have enough of on here at the moment? hmm
HSon1Mq.png

Comments

• Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited September 2012
    I thought of a contest the other day, but of course I don't have any Simpoints to host it xD

The story is, your sim just freed a prince/princess from a curse and now the castle is returning to it's beautiful form (yes, I got the idea from Beauty & the Beast xD ).

So, the contestants must download the scary castle and remodel the floors, walls, sculptures, ect as if the spell has been broken.

And it doesn't matter what EPs/Sps or Store content they have, because they're just replacing the objects anyway.

There will have to be pictures of the cursed castle so the contestants know what goes where and what it is.

Sorry if it's a lame idea. Like I said, I would do it myself, but no Simpoints, and no one will enter if there isn't a decent prize.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited September 2012
    I can help you judge!! :] I've got a ton of ideas O_O
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited September 2012
    I kinda like the idea okester :) I have no castle building stuff though. hmm

I'm always horrible with contests but I want to do something amusing for my birthday. haha

Nik, shouldn't you be in bed young lady?
    hmm
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012

I'm always horrible with contests but I want to do something amusing for my birthday. haha

hmm

Actually I just woke up LOL ^____^ I took a nappy at 1am and it's almost 5am now
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You can do a funny pictures contest :]
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2012
    How about a screenshot contest where you provide a few choices of songs; or let the contestants pick a song of their choice and the contestants listen/watch the video of the song and create a scene using the lyrics from the song.

Like if one of the songs was "If Heaven wasn't so far away" and I'd choose that, I would create my screenshot around the song lines "There's a piece of his old fruit stand on the side of sawmill road" My screenshot would be an old abandoned fruit stand by a dirt road.

Another example "Red Dirt Road by brooks and dunn" "That's where I first saw mary, she was on the roadside picking black berries" I would have a girl picking black berries on the side of the road.or "raced barefoot back to johnson's fence" a screenshot of kids barefoot by a farmer's fence.

I've been wanting to host this for a while, but lack simpoints.So tossing this out here.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited September 2012
    I hmm how much time?

do it have to run and end on your birthday?

then photo might be best....

we have had many build and even big build contest latly...

sim or recoloring contest.... I don't think we have had a recolor contest in a long time.

Or maybe a pattern makeing contest...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited September 2012

hmm

I can whip up a quick (and decent looking xD ) castle if you'd like. What EPs/SPs do you have?
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sorry I haven't replied yet guys... been busy, and feeling rather, well, let's say "emo".

I love recolor contests but I also liked a couple other ideas. :shock:

okester, I'm not sure if the castle one would work because anyone entering would also have to have the castle stuff?
    I might revisit that one next month though.

Springfairy556, I think... I think I'm gonna borrow this idea of yours, kinda!
    I think I'll do screenshots and name like 9 musical artists and people can either know them/be familiar with their work and choose something or they can look them up and the lyrics and do it from that. Neat :)

anettesb, I think starting today and ending next Sunday. And I like the recolor idea. I used to love doing those on here, and they don't take too long either.

Thanks guys
    HSon1Mq.png