The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you were going to buy just one store set that's on sale....

Which one would you buy? I am looking at the Goth Compilation and the Make a Wish Compilation. I've also been eyeing the Magic set, but some of the pieces in those I don't care for. Like there is only one hair I like in the whole set, but I really want the cauldron and the crystal ball.

Oh...decisions..decisions...

What would you buy? I just almost added $80 in sim points to buy it all, but then I was like, "What am I doing???? That's a lot of $$$" LOL

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would buy the Tiki Living Room set as it would go great with Sunlit Tides.
    I guess everyone would get what ever way they are playing.
    Have fun
  • Options
    parias1126parias1126 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2012
    Evalen wrote:
    I would buy the Tiki Living Room set as it would go great with Sunlit Tides.
    I guess everyone would get what ever way they are playing.
    Have fun

That is a great set and would go great with Sunlit Tides, but I was referring to the "Sale" section of the store. I have already spent way too much $$$ on full price stuff! Now I'm debating the lounge set on the Daily Deal. Ouch!
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have both the magic set and the sets included in the make a wish compilation, and I say go for the 'make a wish'.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'd go for the Goth compilation if I didn't have it already - it would look great in Moonlight Falls!
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited September 2012
    It depends upon what you want to build and decorate.

The gothic set is great for vampires, witches, and gothic sims.

The make a wish set is great for fairies, and nature loving sims.

The tiki set is great for island worlds.

It all comes down to what you want to do with it. But they are all great sets.
  • Options
    kaylapearlkaylapearl Posts: 207 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I just bought Sunlit Tides because THAT was on sale..

EDIT:: :mrgreen: so I totally forget that you were talking about SETS and I'm not sure if a world really fits the conversation. If I were to buy a set it would definitely be the Gothic one, but that's just my personal preference.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited September 2012
    I've been eyeing both MAW and OMG. However, I feel they're both too heavily themed for my games; I'd probably only use them once or twice each so I can't really justify the price tag. I'm much more into sets such as Ultra Lounge and Contemporary Comfort; I find I can fit these into most houses I want to. So right now I wouldn't buy any of the sale sets. Taking a lot of will power not to click that buy button though!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would go with the Make a Wish set because it would go well with the fairy and witch theme. Of course it is the one I am currently saving up for but you asked what we would want and that is the set I want the most. As far as you deciding I would say think about how you want to play and what set will work best for that. What set will keep you busy the longest and what style do you like the most. You might also want to keep in mind that with the Compilation sets you will get more items so if you can afford one of them that might be the way to go. I figure you have Supernatural since all the sets you are considering go well with SN.

I am sure you will have fun with whatever one you decide to get :)
  • Options
    jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2012
    I was sort of disappointed with the magic cauldron actually, so far my sim has only made water with it :(. It doesn't have a recipe book with it so for me it's been trial and error working on the ingredients.
    The crystal ball and thevoodooo doll have been a lot of fun though! Thevoodooo doll is actually really funny to use! And my sims love predicting their own fortunes, even though it can give them a bad day sometimes, lol.

I have the Make a Wish Compilation as well and I love it, I've used it to decorate with a lot. I did get the Faire Folk Outdoor set and the Sweet Escape Nursery to really complete the set though.

All the sets have their pro's and con's but I'm sure you'll enjoy the set you do decide on!
  • Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going for the Magic Set. Fits in nicely with Supernatural and comes with three premium items.
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2012
    Le Cirque Celebration!
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited September 2012
    The Best Sets I'd wait for are the Compilations of Sets I do not own. Especially on Christmas.

Hopefully we'll see another good sale, an example would be the Kids! 2010 Compilation for only 500 Simpoints.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love everything in make a wish and I grabbed more magic during this sale because I couldn't be without the voodoo doll any longer, he is the sim love of my life LOL but honestly if it had to be one I'd grab make a wish, it includes a ton of items, fits well with supernatural, has both furniture and clothes so you can do a lot with it. The price is good per item with the sale too.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would go with either the Goth Set (for my vamps) or the Basketball Set (for the PC). Hopefully, both will go on sale around Christmas. :)
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    Skip the magic set. The cauldron drains your sims' energy, and before you know it, they'll pass out from it. Also the cauldron and crystal ball end up being all your sims want to do in their spare time and it gets really annoying!

The make a wish compilation and the goth compilation are the best of the ones you're considering ;) If you have supernatural, you might want both!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.