Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Alchemy shop is no longer working.

Comments

• Options
    Hana_BorealisHana_Borealis Posts: 347 New Member
    edited September 2012
    If it helps, I do not have a single mod installed, so that may help you rule out yours. Someone is showing up, but her action is much like a negative sim reaction.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hey, anyone on to tell me if they're going through Origin or CD? I'm trying to go through all the possibilities... :?
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    I got the digital download through Origin.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited September 2012
    My game is Origin digital.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    As is mine. My disc couldn't be authenticated so the guy at the help center had me dl origin. Might be a pattern?

Either of you try anything else?
  • Options
    anarthanarth Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same problem, not tried Twallan's Overwatch yet, I'll try that at some point, I dont have any thing over then two butterflys, a crow and my certificate you get at the start, but its funny, since MINES from origin too.

Until we know if someone with the disc is having the same problem, it seems to be an origin induced glitch.

Also, no idea if anyone's having a glitch where if you order a butler it gets stuck and they keep multiplying... happened on my vampire save... and now half my town is full of butlers..
  • Options
    Silverwing2623Silverwing2623 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    For those folks having the same issue that I am, where the alchemy shop works fine, but you have one sim who can't mix elixirs... I just tried removing all of the seeds from her inventory and all of a sudden she can make elixirs again.
  • Options
    saerin79saerin79 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Similar problem I'm havin. No seeds or dusts etc. disk, no mods. Both games Ive started since its release get to about $30-35k in sales and the person suddenly just shakes their head no. One is moonlight falls, the other sunlit tides. Bulldozed, deleted and reset register, all the suggestions. Definitely frustrating that in the rush to get everything out for the timetable, ea overlooks bugs to the one new non-hidden skill in ine expansion. Bah
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Mine is working now. I believe I used Twallan's Register mod and now someone is working there. I also made sure I don't have any seeds in my inventory just in case. I'm really happy now! :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So lots of Origin peeps. I guess I'll also use that mod....see if things improve. Can't believe this wasn't properly tested.

EDIT: Erm...any way to get that mod in .Sims3Pack format?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So lots of Origin peeps. I guess I'll also use that mod....see if things improve. Can't believe this wasn't properly tested.

EDIT: Erm...any way to get that mod in .Sims3Pack format?

Um.......not sure about that. I just grabbed it from Twallan's site and plugged it into my game according the the instructions I got on MTS. I'd be lost without his mods. And he's always right on top of updating them whenever there is a patch, EP or whatever.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Downloaded. Now to figure out how to get rid of the sim currently working the shop. My problems on began when a new sim took over the register.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    No change at all! Using the mod...no seeds in my inventory.

So, so frustrated. Anyone find a fix? :evil:
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    Any one here with this bug either willing to give me their savegame or pop-in ErrorTrap to see if they get a scriptError ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited September 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Any one here with this bug either willing to give me their savegame or pop-in ErrorTrap to see if they get a scriptError ?

I run ErrorTrap all the time, but I never got a notification about the alchemy shop. The only thing I ever get a notification about through ErrorTrap is the sauna. By the way crinrict, I've never found an opportunity to tell you, but you so completely rock! The way you gather data and work on fixes to glitches is amazing and I am SO thankful! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Oh, forgot something! I wouldn't know how to give you a save game if I tried every which way!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You zip up your savegame (the whole folder) upload to mediafire and post the link either

1. in my bug thread (everyone will see and have access)
    2. in my guest book: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/guestbook (most private, only I see and have access)
    3. send me a friend request and post on myPage (I'll accept if I know a savegame is coming from someone) (my friends will see and have access)
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CellistinaCellistina Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2012
    I too am having problems with this issue. No seeds, no mods, no CC and I bought the disk.

Hopefully we'll be able to figure this out soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Still looking for a savegame with this issue ...
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I'll try to send you one via your guestbook. Thanks!

Ok Cric, I sent it. I hope you have some luck figuring it out.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks.

Your problem is a little different. Your Sim woman has a consignment with negative days. She only needs to cancel it and both are able to use the store again.

So any other takers ? If you did go traveling with your game, that would be the cause for your issue. Also make sure you don't have negative consignments like Hana_Borealis has.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok. I'll go searching for that answer. Again, thank you for taking the time to help so many people. We appreciate your effort! :P
  • Options
    Cat1momCat1mom Posts: 189 Member
    edited September 2012
    @ crinrict

Since I am the original poster on this thread, I would be glad to send you a saved game, but I need more detailed info on how to send it to you. I'm old and very un-computer savvy. I don't know what zip up a saved game means.
  • Options
    Cookieslave97Cookieslave97 Posts: 22
    edited September 2012
    I have found myself to be encountering the same problem. My sim goes to the alchemy store and wants to purchase something but the action is canceled after the cashier and him have idle chatter. I had read this thread to use any method that is worth trying.

I took out any seeds in his inventory and the same thing happened. I even emptied out his entire inventory and It still happens.

Being a fan of Twallan, I already have his master controller mod. So I didn't mind downloading his overclock mod. But once in game, I didn't know what to do without deleting something and screwing up my game. After that didn't work, I proceeded to download his register mod. But after numerous attempts of switching out workers and resetting the register, I still end up with the same result.

So until there is another method I should try, my sim is going to have to stick with planting anything he's found and having his werewolf friend sniff out his supplies.
  • Options
    ClearaMorphClearaMorph Posts: 263 New Member
    edited September 2012
    My Alchemy shops don’t show up with the proper icon anymore they have the park icon and no visitors allowed, heck I don’t even have the Alchemy shop choice to assign it as that anymore in edit town mode I just uninstalled and reinstalled, hoping it works again. Not unless it was a mod I have just put in that’s screwing things up.