Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homework Singe?

My teen witch was doing her homework, just started it. She stopped doing her homework just as I was going to see what her little brother was up to (parents are on a free vacation). I looked closer and she's smoking. She put her homework away and got the singed moodlet then suddenly she looked like she'd been trying to fix a toaster with a butter knife. I checked her homework and it was complete. She does have the multitasking reward, but I've never had a sim to their homework so fast let alone so fast they catch fire! :shock:

LOL I could post a pic of her singed, but it wouldn't show that it was her homework. If I had known it was possible I may have taken a movie, but didn't. :cry:

Little curious if anyone else has had this. I'm not complaining cause I'm too controlling and my games can be too predictable. It's a cute little glitch if a glitch it is. :lol:

Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
Twitch: ForgottenAmber
Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
#BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam

Comments

• Options
    pupscoutpupscout Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2012
    That happened to my teen witch, as well! I was watching her work, as she was almost finished, when she started to smoke. She stands up and she's totally singed.

And just yesterday she was visiting her boyfriend's house, and while I was focusing on another set of Sims in the household, her boyfriend suddenly catches fire while eating dinner at the dining room table. And he dies.

I'm slightly alarmed by this trend.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited September 2012
    Well, guess that means it's not just me. I had wondered if she had ghost chili in her inventory, but she didn't and she hasn't eaten any or cooked any meals with it yet. Her mother is a witch and now an elder and I never had this with her.

I had thought that maybe it was because she played with magic right before doing her homework... like left over energy or something. I hope others post so we can see if we can find a reason/cause for this or if it's just random.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Skyte100Skyte100 Posts: 193
    edited September 2012
    My teen witch would do that to.

I know why your sims boyfriend caught fire! He didnt want to fart around her and he spontaneously combust! Sorry but the potential for the southpark reference was there and I had to make it :P If you see it happen again try reseting the burning sim or something to put them out.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    LOL So is it just the teen witches?

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited September 2012
    Just to keep your family safe you can hit buydebug for some shower in a can if you have WA, and if you use MC give them the immune to fire hidden trait. I've ran my family that way for well over a year and it helps a lot. :lol:
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    simgrl74simgrl74 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I noticed with my teen witch that she did her homework super fast. Sometimes she'd get singed but most times she would just finish by the first time she threw her pencil down in disgust. Don't know what triggers it, but it was nice.

Note that it took the normal amount of time for homework when she was a child, this didn't start happening until she was a teen.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    This is very interesting! I did notice that as a child, after one day of school and no homework done yet, she had an A. Her brother is still a child but school seems to come easy for them.

Possible added benefit to witches... cool!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes! This has been happening to my teen witch as well. I got a video of it yesterday, he did finish his homework in about a second - got mad - started smoldering, then burst into a scorched state.

Good to know he's not alone!

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=427797
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't know if it's a benefit of doing homework fast. I have several witch children and teens and it takes them either normal time or forever to do their homework and they never smoke or get singed.
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited October 2012
    If they are witches, then maybe they were unhappy with homework, or for some other reason and lost control of their powers? So they set on fire.
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    DethNevermoreDethNevermore Posts: 13
    edited October 2012
    I believe this is a side effect of a newly-empowered witch losing control of their emotions. It says in the witch help file that the witches really start to show their powers in their teens. Right before they get singed, they throw their pencil down in disgust/frustration/anger/whatever. I was thinking that maybe working on refining their magic at this point will stop that (if you want it to stop). Of course, increasing their power will just have a teenage with more power (scary! :shock: ), so I don't know. Just a thought.
  • Options
    TenshinoshinTenshinoshin Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2012
    Considering the nature of the becoming singed animation, it seems sort of glitchy?
  • Options
    LadyLuckIncarneLadyLuckIncarne Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I have a teen witch as well. He does his homework in just a few seconds and then gets singed. Until I read that it was happening to other witches I assumed this was something that happen due to him having the genius trait. I think the speculation that its related to growing powers is my favorite answer so far.
  • Options
    CatzieCatzie Posts: 59
    edited October 2012
    Ah, so it's not just me!
    I was worried the game was glitched or something!
    I've noticed my witch tends to finish her homework in a split second and then starts smoking!
  • Options
    PinkPixyPinkPixy Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I also was worried that it was a glitch so I looked it up and found this page! I gave her the lifetime reward to finish homework in a snap so I didn't know it involved a risk to her life! LOL It makes sense though what others are saying about teenage witches not having control over their powers/emotions at this age. That makes the singe effect more feasible. :)
  • Options
    FirlowFirlow Posts: 419 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Im sure this happens for Vampires too!
  • Options
    keg010keg010 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have no idea how to fix it.
    My teen witch was just sitting there minding his own, doing some homework then BAM! Smoke is in the air lalalalalalala.
    When I saw it, it reminded me of when a vampire is out in the sun for too long. But he's a witch.
    My next guess is that all teen witch sims are allergic to homework. :3
  • Options
    DixdyeDixdye Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This happens to my teen twins! Their mother is a witch and only one of the twins is a witch, but it happens to both of them. Is it the witch gene in the other twin as well or can it happen to anybody?
  • Options
    koolbluelivekoolbluelive Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Not sure, but I believe it happens when your sim has a high level in magic and do their homework. They get frustrated and throw the pencil (wand like item) and probably singe because the spell failed. Use the lifetime achievement magic hands and it may stop singeing your sims.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jaymee28481jaymee28481 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    My situation happened a little differently than the rest of what all of you have been saying.
    At about 6:30AM in sim time my teen witch sim started painting and then got singed. It was also right after she did her homework. But I didn't see her get mad or frustrated and she was in the middle of painting, so she didn't finish incredibly fast. Is this just a glitch that hasn't been fixed? Or is it one of the effects of using cheats? I know sometimes if I use cheats my sims will randomly disappear but its nothing that can't be easily fixed.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    edited June 2014
    i noticed that too my teen sims doing her homework out no where look she got hit by lighting lucky i put her in bath she was fine am amazed she complate her homework last second haha good enough for me i want her grades go up once she goes collage better change learn better.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr