Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Store worlds keep crashing since installing Supernatural

The subject pretty much says it all. My Moonlight Falls world is fine - I can play it for hours without any issue. I can play maybe a day in Hidden Springs before it crashes to desktop with the Exception Raised error. I loaded up my Lucky Palms game and it crashed in about 5 seconds.

Its happened multiple times with Hidden Springs, Lucky Palms and Riverview. Again, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, is fine - no problems. It seems to be just the store worlds that are crashing on me. :(

I have more than enough ram, my video card is more than sufficient, I don't use any 3rd party CC or mods.

Help!
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2012
    Try uninstalling your store worlds and reinstalling them. They could have just got corrupted with patch 1.38.
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited September 2012
    Catloverplayer, what's the best way to uninstall and reinstall the store worlds? I am having the same problem.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mooredt21 wrote:
    Catloverplayer, what's the best way to uninstall and reinstall the store worlds? I am having the same problem.

Going to your installed content folder and uninstalling them.
  • Options
    Dawid9089Dawid9089 Posts: 413 New Member
    edited September 2012
    CAW is unable to run the EDIT IN GAME mode because of supernatural too ....
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think you can also go to your worlds folder and delete worlds.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited September 2012
    They worked after the patch, it's just since the install. I'll give it a try though - it can't hurt I guess. :(

Thanks CLP. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm doing a clean install. Nothing else has worked.

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having this problem too =/ I did a clean install and that didn't help at all :cry:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    My clean install is not working either. I want so badly to play Sunlit Tides but cannot play. I haven't tried any other worlds, but plan to try Sunset Valley later. Last night, I tried CAS and was able to create the Sim and outfits until I got to the personality part and then the game froze. It has been this way ever since I installed Sunlit Tides. That was even before I went back into the game and installed the latest patch, so I know it's not related to that. I have not bothered to try to reinstall all of my store content, but I'm so disappointed that I've spent thousands of dollars to play this game and can't even run it for more than 10 or 15 minutes at most.

• Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    edited September 2012
    mooredt21 wrote:
    My clean install is not working either. I want so badly to play Sunlit Tides but cannot play. I haven't tried any other worlds, but plan to try Sunset Valley later. Last night, I tried CAS and was able to create the Sim and outfits until I got to the personality part and then the game froze. It has been this way ever since I installed Sunlit Tides. That was even before I went back into the game and installed the latest patch, so I know it's not related to that. I have not bothered to try to reinstall all of my store content, but I'm so disappointed that I've spent thousands of dollars to play this game and can't even run it for more than 10 or 15 minutes at most.

this started happening to me after I installed supernatural :( it's driving me nuts, to the point that I wanted to just uninstall it till they release a patch to fix this problem :evil:
    I posted a thread (http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/588774.page#9459415)asking for help but haven't gotten a respond yet :(
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I can play Sunset Valley just fine. I didn't try CAS from there or do anything besides start to play the Wan household, but I exited out to make sure my game is also saving. Unfortunately, there is no resolution to the issue I'm having since installing the latest store world. I love Sunlit Tides. Why did this have to happen? I've never had this kind of issue with my games in all of my 12 years playing. Bah humbug!