Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why don't my zombies work?

Simply put, my zombie's bite does nothing. It should turn my Sims into zombies but it just doesn't, they bite them, the victim coughs and then carries on with their life as the zombie goes off to munch on some plants. I really want to start a zombie apocalypse for my story, but it's impossible if my two permanent zombies won't do anything! :(

Comments

• Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bump?
  • Options
    modthesims3modthesims3 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Simply put, my zombie's bite does nothing. It should turn my Sims into zombies but it just doesn't, they bite them, the victim coughs and then carries on with their life as the zombie goes off to munch on some plants. I really want to start a zombie apocalypse for my story, but it's impossible if my two permanent zombies won't do anything! :(

You'll probably have to wait for a mod.
    Zombie bites seem to rarely turn a sim into a zombie and the bites themselves rarely make contact with a sim as they'll duck and scream instead of being bitten (maybe 1 in 10 bites actually make it through).
  • Options
    spikepaspikepa Posts: 49 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I had to make one of my own sims a Zombie then when and bit like 8 ppl in a park then it spread like a forest fire.... i made the zombification potion to do this you stay a zombie only 2 days..
  • Options
    lmccall6860lmccall6860 Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2012
    My Zombies don't attack either, they shake thier heads, the sim points and laughs at them, and they walk away,everytime.
  • Options
    MaxQBakerMaxQBaker Posts: 493
    edited October 2012
    My Zombies don't attack either, they shake thier heads, the sim points and laughs at them, and they walk away,everytime.

ditto.
    I went from the original zombie apocalypse bug, which at the time was super annoying ... but since then I have secured my gardens, and gotten the latest patch, and now that I want to try out the zombies, they do nothing. I let my sims just stand there to get attacked, and it never leads to anything. The sim laughs or something, and the zombie walks away. Serious let down.

why, oh why must zombies be such a downer in this expansion?
  • Options
    shannonpwnsshannonpwns Posts: 343 Member
    edited October 2012
    I was actually thinking about this earlier, and then I chuckled to myself because we simmers are never satisfied... they gave us ZOMBIES (heck yea!) and yea, they are a little bit *ahem* ...wimpy... BUT, we should just be happy that we even have them. Lol. ;)
  • Options
    MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Zombies haven't even been spawning on full moons with the new patch. I'm constantly adding zombies via cheats but non of them come up and have a smustle party in my yard!
  • Options
    LKCFireCatLKCFireCat Posts: 9
    edited April 2013
    i tried to make a zombie maid for my one family, but she kept turning human, i made the potent zombie potion used it on a her, she turned zombie for about 7 - 8 hours, normal again. made a new house hold zombie tester home, turn the head of house into a zombie using the potent potion again, had her bite my other test subject, she turned but only for six hours, then shortly after that the main sim turn human again,... i think the latest patch broke something it was meant to try and fix,...
  • Options
    OriginalDigitOriginalDigit Posts: 248 New Member
    edited June 2013
    (Searched "sims 3 zombies don't attack" through Google and found this thread.)

Right up front, I don't use any mods that directly conflict with the nature of my gameplay or the sims themselves, and I have the latest patches. At least, that's what it said the last time I pushed the refresh button on the TS3 Launcher for updates.

Still, for whatever reason, my sims haven't been attacked by zombies yet. They've growled and groaned with outstretched arms, hands clawing at the air in front of my sim, but my sim would just react by screaming in fear or laughing them off, and then... nothing. Not once has a zombie even attempted to bite one of my sims. (When I realized it wouldn't work on my witch, I played a human sim instead. Still wouldn't work.)

I don't want my town to be overrun with a zombie apocalypse, but I want one of my sims to be bitten (not by drinking a potion or having one thrown at them, bitten), at least once. :(