Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've been trying to install Supernatural for the last SIX HOURS.

Seriously, I'm getting worried now.
First off, the game disc won't work in my computer. The drive just whirrs and makes grinding noises. It will play every other disc (game, CD, DVD) that I've put in, it just won't play any EA game. :shock:
Second: I downloaded it through Origin instead (I've had to do this with all my EA games, because none of the EA game discs will work for me, for some strange reason; just EA though). It's now at 100% but it won't install. It says it's initiallising install, but then it tells me that I need to update the Sims3 Launcher.
Third: I opened the Launcher. That did nothing.
Fourth: Back to Origins, keeping the Launcher open as it said. It then started to install before saying that it couldn't do so with the Launcher open. Then it closed the Launcher automatically.
Fourth: Tried to install it again, and it said it needed the Launcher. Tried again.
Fifth: Finally it started to update the Launcher. It's at 83%. It's been downloading for almost 2 hours.

Now I've had a look through the forums and I realise that this might be a bigger problem. If it still won't install/initialise after the Launcher is updated, what should I do? Has anyone found a fix for this? I have no CC or mods, just the games and whatever has been released on disc in shops.

Comments

• Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited September 2012
    Try ensuring that your adobe is up to date on your PC. Then use the super patcher (which is in a stickied thread at the top of tech duscussion) to update your game. Then try installing Supernatural.
  • Options
    Diegosim5Diegosim5 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    @ Elle please can you tell me where is that super update?
    Im trying to find it but I dont know what is stickier at the top os tech discussion?
    Please, god bless you.

Diego
  • Options
    Diegosim5Diegosim5 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    @ Elle: Wow Thank you so much! God Bless You!
    I download it from here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

Super Helpul tool! Just download If you live in US: Download the Region 1.
    Thank you again Elle, God Bless You!

Diego