Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit in CAS - Werewolves

I am unable to edit werewolf in CAS. At least in his werewolf form.
When I clicked to edit him in his normal form, he appeared that way. Then I transformed him into a werewolf and tried to edit him in CAS, but he was in his normal form. There is no icon for transformation above his portrait in CAS and I don't like how he looks in his werewolf form. Is there any way to edit that form?

Comments

• Options
    LudovLudov Posts: 83 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Is the Sim one you are attempting to create -through- CAS right now, or is he a Sim you are already playing and trying to edit the appearance during play?

I'm asking as there might be a difference, actually.

Myself I'm in an uncertain position as past announcement and livechat witnesses made it looks like that a Sim turned into a werewolf by being bitten would see the game allowing us to edit their looks in CAS when they first turn... but all they do is take on a (seemingly randomized) wolf appearance when they turn into a werewolf.

So I don't know if it was just a misreading of the past announcements, or if it is a conflict with a system that may be meant to randomizes werewolves looks(for when it is NPCs being bitten rather than players) that is leading to conflict with the one that should bring a player into CAS(when it is their playable Sim who is turning).
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am unable to edit werewolf in CAS. At least in his werewolf form.
    When I clicked to edit him in his normal form, he appeared that way. Then I transformed him into a werewolf and tried to edit him in CAS, but he was in his normal form. There is no icon for transformation above his portrait in CAS and I don't like how he looks in his werewolf form. Is there any way to edit that form?

get the new master controller by Nraas .. it fixed it for me ! :) .

what u go is.. go human again. .go in CAS
    make him werewolf then u can edit it .. good luck :)
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ludov wrote:
    Is the Sim one you are attempting to create -through- CAS right now, or is he a Sim you are already playing and trying to edit the appearance during play?

I'm asking as there might be a difference, actually.

Myself I'm in an uncertain position as past announcement and livechat witnesses made it looks like that a Sim turned into a werewolf by being bitten would see the game allowing us to edit their looks in CAS when they first turn... but all they do is take on a (seemingly randomized) wolf appearance when they turn into a werewolf.

So I don't know if it was just a misreading of the past announcements, or if it is a conflict with a system that may be meant to randomizes werewolves looks(for when it is NPCs being bitten rather than players) that is leading to conflict with the one that should bring a player into CAS(when it is their playable Sim who is turning).

It's during play. I want to give Pappy Wolf makeover in werewolf form.

Sorry, but I hate and don't use mods. Not very pleasant experience with them.
  • Options
    FinneganFinnegan Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2012
    turistas9 wrote:

I've found that I can't make my Sim transform when I do it this way. Also, if you edit your Werewolf's appearance in ANY way, they lose their custom transformed appearance. I had my werewolf with the underbite jaw and when I changed her regular form's appearance, she lost her wolfish look. Very irritated as this has happened several times.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited September 2012
    All I want to do is edit my werewolf because he aged up from being a teen the other day, and his werewolf form looks like his teenage wolf form. I realy want to fix the problem without having to exit my game and re-create him. =_=
    Anywho, I really hope the sims team fixes this or does something about it, because I realy don't want to resort to downloading mods just to fix a problem.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    bluefreak94bluefreak94 Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    I actually did use Nraas Master Controller to edit my sim's werewolf form, however it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix. Every time I load my game his werewolf form is different from how I had changed it with the mod. The new forms seem to be random and unrelated to each other, so not really sure what to do. I was hoping that we might be able to edit a sim's werewolf form with plastic surgery somehow, unfortunately that doesn't appear to be possible.
  • Options
    bluefreak94bluefreak94 Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    Finnegan wrote:
    turistas9 wrote:

I've found that I can't make my Sim transform when I do it this way. Also, if you edit your Werewolf's appearance in ANY way, they lose their custom transformed appearance. I had my werewolf with the underbite jaw and when I changed her regular form's appearance, she lost her wolfish look. Very irritated as this has happened several times.

Is it possible you are not using the most recent version of the mod? I downloaded the one for patch 1.38 as soon as it was available and found that I could not edit my werewolf form with it. So I deleted the mod and downloaded it again and it worked.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am having exactly the same problem. I cannot turn existing sims into werewolves (or any other supernatural for that matter) by using the edit in CAS cheat. Werewolf sims created this way transform during the full moon, but lack all the werewolf interactions. I had to re-make the sim I was planning to turn into a werewolf from scratch (and, of course, remake his whole family too).

Furthermore, when I later wanted to alter his werewolf appearance in the game, and I went into CAS, I did not get the transform button. I tried altering his appearance using the "change appearance" interaction (mirror), as well as using the edit in CAS cheat. No button. So, basically, for me the only way to choose a werewolf's appearance is when I first create him and that has to be done from scratch each time.

I don't have any mods, but I do have loads of CC, which I do not want to get rid of, so I am hoping that it is just a general bug that will eventually be sorted out with a patch.

• Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited September 2012
    I actually did use Nraas Master Controller to edit my sim's werewolf form, however it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix. Every time I load my game his werewolf form is different from how I had changed it with the mod. The new forms seem to be random and unrelated to each other, so not really sure what to do. I was hoping that we might be able to edit a sim's werewolf form with plastic surgery somehow, unfortunately that doesn't appear to be possible.

Ugh. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's really annoying! I have height sliders and I purposely made my werewolf sim much taller than his human form, but like you said, everytime I start the game up again, everything is reset back -_-
  • Options
    DoombearDoombear Posts: 61 New Member
    edited October 2012
    What worked for me, was testingcheatsenabled, editincas, click on Sim, edit in Create-A-Sim, click on the more... dots at the corner of the portrait and selecting the folder icon to save the Sim to disk.

Then I go to Edit Town and "Create A Household" to enter CAS again and choose from the "Premade Sims" and find the one I've saved. The transform button will be there to customize the Werewolf appearance.

The only problem with doing this is all skills, career, relationships, story, etc. will be lost and you'll be starting from scratch with a new Sim with the same appearance and traits, but none of the history.

You'll need to save the household, delete the old Sim from the game, and move the newly created Sim in.

I hope EA does a patch which will have the transform button available in CAS for existing Sims.
  • Options
    DoombearDoombear Posts: 61 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The NRAAS Master Controller + Integration Twallan Mods are the best thing for editing Werewolf appearances and keeping the custom changes.
  • Options
    Nielson05Nielson05 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    man I am SO glad i am not the only one experiencing this. my were-wolf guy has a gnome hat and blue skin! super annoying! it would be fantastic if there was some way this could be fixed without mods (they wreck my computer)because I- too - really don't want to restart my family (it's kind of perfect). please help! :shock: P.S the disease is spreading to my other sims!
  • Options
    Shamrocks2000Shamrocks2000 Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Im so confused by all this. I tried to edit my sim in CAS in his werewolf form during play and it worked the first time but when I try it again it wont work. My child grew up and hes waering the most rediculouse witches hat as a werewolf. :? and all i want to do is change his hair
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited June 2013
    Once out of traditional CAS, you cannot change a werewolf's wolf form. There's no way around that and a persistent bug means the wolf form changes a LOT, and can make them look beyond dreadful.
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited June 2013
    I know, but I can't believe that they won't fix that!!!
    It ruins my gameplay experience! :(
  • Options
    DravenGalDravenGal Posts: 7
    edited January 2014
    Considering how old this thread is, I assume it's safe to say there was no fix?