Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon.com just changed my delivery date estimate to Friday, Sept. 7th

If you ordered off of Amazon, better go check your estimated delivery date. I had two-day shipping selected and my estimated delivery date was Tuesday, Sept. 4th. I just went and checked. The game hasn't shipped yet and the Estimated delivery date has changed to Friday, September 7th. I selected one day delivery and it changed the estimated delivery date to Tuesday, Sept. 4th. The only reason I am ordering through Amazon is because I have a gift card balance, otherwise, I would just walk over to Best Buy on Tuesday morning and buy the darn thing!

Comments

• Options
    cameranutz2cameranutz2 Posts: 941 New Member
    edited August 2012
    It's a Holiday weekend (Labor Day) and FedEx isn't delivering so expect delays.
  • Options
    Pcd1love2uPcd1love2u Posts: 913 Member
    edited August 2012
    :shock: :shock: I just checked my order and it still says Sept. 4th!
    I'm so sorry about your order date changing :( arghhh Amazon!!!
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited August 2012
    Labor Day is not the problem. The game needed to be shipped today for Tuesday delivery. The game has not been shipped yet today, so no Tuesday delivery.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Pcd1love2u wrote:
    :shock: :shock: I just checked my order and it still says Sept. 4th!
    I'm so sorry about your order date changing :( arghhh Amazon!!!

I think I saw in a previous post that you paid for 1 day shipping to start with. AFter I changed my shipping method to 1 day, the delivery date went back to September 4th.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited August 2012
    i'd never preorder from amazon. origin is the way to go i always get it a day early! except for holidays.
  • Options
    thequikysthequikys Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2012
    I preordered with Amazon and just checked and mine still says delivery by Tuesday the 4th, I didn't even have the option at the time of order to change to one day shipping. :?: :shock:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thequikys wrote:
    I preordered with Amazon and just checked and mine still says delivery by Tuesday the 4th, I didn't even have the option at the time of order to change to one day shipping. :?: :shock:

I actually had to cancel my order when I realized that for some reason they had my credit card selected to invoice and not my gift balance. I then reordered and the only option they gave me for Tuesday delivery was 1 day shipping.
  • Options
    KBrox1KBrox1 Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2012
    *Thinks hard* So, if you order it from Origin, and you're in America (that means that it's a holiday weekend), you should get it today or right on Tuesday?? Hmm...well, I didn't get it today so that means Tuesday! I wish they shipped on Labor day, that way I could've gotten it early and played it my free day...
    <iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Options
    Kaitieee_macKaitieee_mac Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2012
    "'Want to receive this the day it comes out? Order it in the next 20 hours and 57 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout"
  • Options
    Kaitieee_macKaitieee_mac Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2012
    Customer Service K:I am sorry for any misunderstanding.Amazon doesn't change the delivery dates.If it is release date delivery.Unless the release date is changed.

I would just change your delivery or talk to someone with customer service if this is the case. He also said that it will ship out from the nearest Amazon warehouse and it will be shipped and delivered on the 4th, so no worries. Now let's see how true this is. I hate the waiting game :evil:
  • Options
    keycat04keycat04 Posts: 115
    edited September 2012
    Since I went w/ free shipping I wont get it til sept 11-15th.

You may still get before the 7th,sometimes Amazon predicts later then it will ship than earlier.
  • Options
    ShepherdgothShepherdgoth Posts: 270
    edited September 2012
    I think Amazon is rerouteing one of it's games to me because i'm due on the 4th.
  • Options
    Pixxy68Pixxy68 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I pre-ordered through amazon also but it says I'm still scheduled for Tuesday. I hope it comes then. The sims just haven't been the same since I started anticipating the new EPs!
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ShepherdgothShepherdgoth Posts: 270
    edited September 2012
    Tray editing you're order.
  • Options
    FiveLeafClover7FiveLeafClover7 Posts: 309 Member
    edited September 2012
    One time I ordered something from Amazon and it came 3 days before it was scheduled to. It might come on the 4th