Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird issue placing Rabbitholes...And has the bridge issue been resolved?

Hello,
While working on a world, I had a strange thing happen that I don't recall encountering for a while. I have about 10-12 community lots placed, with some already built on. I added about 4 new commerical lots last night, and went in to EIG to place the Rabbitholes, and I couldn't without using MOO. I don't ususally have to use a cheat, and I know the lot was big enough (I was trying to place the small Equestrian Center). I thought maybe it was that particular lot, so I tried another, one of the Science Facilities, and the same thing happened. Again, I know the lot was plenty big enough. And same with the hospital.

They were definately zoned commercial lots, so I am stumped. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi,

I know, right? I had one is the last world. Nothing under the lot- no roads, sidewalks, routing paint... yet it wouldn't* allow a RH placement. :(

And what is the bridge issue?
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hmm, did you end up using moveobjects on, or just place the lot somewhere else Rflong7?

I've been reading here and on a few other sites that some people have been experiencing issues with bridges since Pets, and particularly the Large Egyptian one apparently. I haven't seen any in the last couple of weeks, but I've put a few maps on hold as one used the suspension bridge, the other few a variety of the bridges.

As I don't read a lot of the tech forums (as you can tell :oops:), perhaps this issue was fixed with Showtime. I had a routing problem with my Southwestern world Las Montanas Rojas so I just took it out and built a fake one (I used retaining walls & sewer grates to make it look like water could flow, think I borrowed the idea from kaypapgei) and the routing problem was gone, so it must have been the brige I assume, but you know what can happen when you do that ;-) It was the Large Egyptian bridge.

I did check the areas in the world that had the weird rabbithole placement for non-routable paint, I was certain I hadn't put any in as it's in the very early stages yet, and no non-routable paint, no roads are overlapping the lots, there are harldy any objects or anything in the world yet, so I'm stumped!

• Options
    LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've also noticed the issues placing rabbit holes on certain lots. I have no idea what's causing it, but using MOO does the trick, and doesn't cause any problems when using them in game - so I've kind of just decided to not worry about it.

The bridges... haven't heard of that, nor have I had any issues with them so far. Although my world, so far, only has Sims using the Suspension Bridge during testing. I also have that bridge from Twinbrook, but rarely my test Sims have any business past that.

No Egyptian bridge, though, so maybe it's just that one that's bugged?
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited August 2012
    So glad I saw this. I don't build worlds because I so am not that talented but I was attempting to build a city from a lite world I downloaded. I had the issue not being allowed to place the rabbit holes without MOO and thought I was doing something wrong. (this is my first attempt at city building). Anyway good to know it is an issue and using the cheat won't affect game play.

Thanks
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited August 2012
    Maybe it is just the Large Egyptian one, maybe I should go back and try another bridge, but none of the others suit, the Egyptian one matched the best....guess I'd better do some testing on the other ones for may latest project as I need 2 bridges for that one. jazen, good luck with your project :D.