Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else really miss the REAL restaurants?

I seriously miss those! They were so much fun to go to and go on a date and stuff, the date option right now feels weird because you can't go to a restaurant and watch your sims eat and be able to order food! I also loved how hotels in sims 2 bon voyage had restaurants IN THE HOTEL! ugh I miss the realism. :P LOL

Comments

• Options
    megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    edited August 2012
    I loved them too! I also loved the option to propose over the table!
  • Options
    KerensaLysereKerensaLysere Posts: 86 Member
    edited August 2012
    Maybe if we talk(complain) enough about it, they'll include it in an expansion pack or something. I really miss it too. :(
  • Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited August 2012
    No
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yes.
  • Options
    elianne07elianne07 Posts: 216 New Member
    edited August 2012
    That was the fun of having your sims go out on dates! Playing footsie under the table etc.
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2012
    yes, that was one of the best parts about TS and TS2 (in my mind). I am sure they will include real resturants in an EP, not the cash registers from WA.
  • Options
    kieakieakieakiea Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    I miss that and the mall. Please EA bring back shopping and trying on clothes.
  • Options
    Jessicacorbett14Jessicacorbett14 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I reallly miss being able to dine out and being waited on!
  • Options
    darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited August 2012
    kieakiea wrote:

Oh I miss that soooo much!
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited August 2012
    I know! I miss the feeling of actually going on a date. And I would love to be able to go shopping for clothes again. The bookstore and grocery store shouldn't be rabbitholes either.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    edited August 2012
    kieakiea wrote:

And WooHooing in the dressing room! Priceless! :lol:
  • Options
    Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I miss restaurants for sure. I bought late night because I had found memories of hot date and night time eps, but I was sorely disappointed. They also should have included or should include other stuff like bowling alleys for instance.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2012
    I loved the restaurants - the waiters, etc. It was great. I miss more the ability to run the restaurants. OFB was a game within a game and it was great.
  • Options
    Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited August 2012
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    I loved the restaurants - the waiters, etc. It was great. I miss more the ability to run the restaurants. OFB was a game within a game and it was great.

OFB was awesome I loved it. The thrift store that came with ambitions just isn't quite up to snuff. It's cute but I miss the hands on approach. (Also the the thrift store glitches and eats half the items I put there to be sold)

The table proposal was awesome. When I first got generations I was sure there would be new ways to propose, like maybe even when you're watching the stars, but no such luck. I'm sure EA will add these details in in the coming years tho'.
  • Options
    CHEESEMONKEYSROOLCHEESEMONKEYSROOL Posts: 462 Member
    edited August 2012
    I miss them too, but I guess it wouldn't be as good in TS3. It would probably be like the night clubs where no sims turn up at all.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2012
    I dont even understand the Consignment store. It's no fun to me because you arent running it "hands on" as you say. I wouldnt care if they didnt make and entire EP like OFB - even just the ability to build little shops and start a family business selling potions, or paintings, sculptures - objects we bought.... I had a furniture store family business I loved in OFB. And running the restaurants and stores with employees was a hoot.
  • Options
    tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh how i would love to see this too!!.... if it where not already in the game through Late Night. v.v

But I'm sure EA will figure something out.. i hope o.o

And i totally agree with the business owning thing and crating your own business (though that to is alredy an option in the game to) i do see this coming as a SP. I hope they do come up with an SP that has more options for owning and creating and running your own business! :)
    Tj08-2-1.jpg
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yes it is one thing i really really miss about sims 2.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    AnonymousMissAnonymousMiss Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited August 2012
    MSladyTSO wrote:

OFB was awesome I loved it. The thrift store that came with ambitions just isn't quite up to snuff. It's cute but I miss the hands on approach. (Also the the thrift store glitches and eats half the items I put there to be sold)

The table proposal was awesome. When I first got generations I was sure there would be new ways to propose, like maybe even when you're watching the stars, but no such luck. I'm sure EA will add these details in in the coming years tho'.

This. I wish we had more proposal options, and open restaurants would be a dream come true! Sims 3 dates just feel lackluster without them.
  • Options
    cookiemonster88cookiemonster88 Posts: 605 Member
    edited August 2012
    yes! they felt like an actual date. you could play footsie, steal from the others plate, hold hands and so many other things.
  • Options
    antsims310antsims310 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I just miss the extra interactions sims did on dates. They were cute.
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited August 2012
    Definitely miss them.
  • Options
    CarnieCarnie Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited August 2012
    I loved them too! I also loved the option to propose over the table!

This.
    ):

That was such a romantic option!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I miss them more than anything else.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yes!!! I was starting to think I was the only one who actually miss them. Restaurants are a much needed feature that needs to return. I hate going in that Bistro rabbit hole, it's boring.