Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Paparazzi: Kicking Me When I'm Down

So I had a celebrity sim who was married to another celebrity, and then I had her cheat on him, because, well, because I was bored, and that's what bored simmers do. Of course, the paparazzi found out, and thus the husband found out, and he was all upset at her because she cheated. Since he already figured it out, I thought, oh, what the hey, I might as well finish up this woohoo-fest and then dump the lover.

Then she eventually started wishing for her first child, and I wanted a legitimate child, since out-of-wedlock babies mean even more scandal, and I already just paid off those dang people. Also, she and her husband kept wishing for romantic interactions for each other. I tried it out, thinking it wouldn't work, but apparently with the woohooer mod from Twallan, it works, even if the betrayal moodlet is there, so they conceived a baby.

Then, right before she gave birth, like, literally, sim minutes before birth, his betrayal moodlet ran out of time and he was like, "Oh, I'm still mad, so I'm divorcing you." And he divorced her. And she went to the hospital to give birth.

Paparazzi: Word is out that you had a divorce!

Then hours later: Word is out that you had a child out of wedlock!

ARRRGHHHHH. Now her own child doesn't like her :(

Anyway, that's my sob story for tonight, and now I feel better. Anyone else want to share their paparazzi woes? :3

Comments

• Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2012
    Unfortunately this is the way TSims mimics real life.
    There are consequences for all the actions your sims take on. It is why I just love this game. It's a pretty good tutorial for real life. Seriously.
    If your sims behave well, have good social traits, generally good learning traits as well, you have a successful happy sim.
    Pretty simple really.
    That is why I have what I call my 'golden trait combo'
    Artistic/bookworm/charismatic/virtuosa and Party Animal to lighten it.
    They can flirt, do anything they want, but perk points flow in at a fast rate with anything they achieve, so I'm happy.
    Oddly enough, each sim, altho with the same traits, is completely different.
    I've yet to have an unhappy experience with this combo.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2012
    I have one that is even worse than what happen to your sim.

My sim was faithful and very happy in her marrage. Both her and her husband wanted to start a family, so I let it happen. On her final day of being pregnate her dear husband died. A few hours later she gave birth to a baby girl. Shortly after that she was slammed for having a baby out of wedlock. Excuse me, but this poor woman was still grieving and is also a widow.

She did though have one friend who stood by her (Ace Wilde). Even though he was not living with her, he would yell a people because they were talking bad about her, and he would stop them from saying any more. I could tell because I saw a picture of her face with a red slash going through it as they were trying to talk about her.

• Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2012
    That is downright unfair. The game should be able to read that she was married! I think it's because when a spouse dies, the relationship with the ghost ends too. Darn ghosts seem more important than the live people imo. Lame.
    Ace Wilde is really cool though, even though he is insane. My sims always like him.
    Burns me to think how unfair yr sim's situation was.

• Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2012
    Oh wow, that really is cruel! At least I kind of deserved it, but you didn't deserve that at all!

Aww, I never knew Ace Wilde could be so sweet, though. :)