Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which websites guarantee release date delivery?? *Closed sort of*

I just pre-ordered the ep on amazon.com and even though I have Amazon Prime Two-Day Shipping, it says the estimate delivery date is september 7th 2012.

I was really hoping to have a release date delivery...

I checked out origin.com as well but the standard shipping is 5 to 7 days.
Will that even guarantee release date delivery?
:oops: It's been a while since I pre-ordered so I'm a bit lost.
(Would like to decide fast whether to stick with amazon.com or cancel the order and order through origin) (And I must have the physical version of this game! No exceptions)

Comments

• Options
    MaraJade02MaraJade02 Posts: 316
    edited August 2012
    order off origin u wont have 2 wait for it to be delivered because you wont need a disk(well yes you will have to wait for the game to be out but you can still pre-order)
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited August 2012
    MaraJade02 wrote:
    order off origin u wont have 2 wait for it to be delivered because you wont need a disk(well yes you will have to wait for the game to be out but you can still pre-order)
    you mean a digital game order?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I updated my post. :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well I spoke to an amazon.com rep who said that the delivery date won't be til after the release date.

And I spoke to an EA rep who was very inconsiderate. But since I have past pre-ordering experience with EA I think I will go with them and cancel my amazon order :? . I really don't know what to do.
  • Options
    jonesyKSjonesyKS Posts: 204 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was going to pre-order from EA, but they took my money out o my account already, and I don't like that. Whenever I've pre-ordered from places in the past they took my money out when they shipped me the product; so I canceled my EA order.

I've never pre-ordered from them before so that might just be their standard practice?

Plus, I was pre-ordering the digital copy and like you I really prefer a hard copy. I couldn't find anywhere online with release date deliver either :(

I decided to pre-order from Best Buy and I'll just go and pick it up the day it comes out. It's a bit of a drive for me but I've got some BB rewards and they have a sale on KP Showtime for $20 right now :)

~Jonesy
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    jonesyKS wrote:
    I was going to pre-order from EA, but they took my money out o my account already, and I don't like that. Whenever I've pre-ordered from places in the past they took my money out when they shipped me the product; so I canceled my EA order.

I've never pre-ordered from them before so that might just be their standard practice?

Plus, I was pre-ordering the digital copy and like you I really prefer a hard copy. I couldn't find anywhere online with release date deliver either :(

I decided to pre-order from Best Buy and I'll just go and pick it up the day it comes out. It's a bit of a drive for me but I've got some BB rewards and they have a sale on KP Showtime for $20 right now :)

~Jonesy
    I actually spoke to a rep about when they take the money out for pre-orders and he said that they take money out to hold and then they officially charge you when the game is about to ship out.

His words not mine. So yea it's standard practice I think.

Some packs I don't mind only having digital versions of, some packs I do.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've always ordered from Amazon, except once I went with EA. With EA my game didn't arrive for several days after release. I went back to Amazon.

This time when I did my pre-order with Amazon there was no release day option. I contacted customer support and this is part of the email I received......

"We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.

At this time, I can only suggest that you check back on Amazon.com at a later time. If this item becomes eligible for Release-Date Delivery, that information will be posted on the item detail page here:"

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I've always ordered from Amazon, except once I went with EA. With EA my game didn't arrive for several days after release. I went back to Amazon.

This time when I did my pre-order with Amazon there was no release day option. I contacted customer support and this is part of the email I received......

"We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.

At this time, I can only suggest that you check back on Amazon.com at a later time. If this item becomes eligible for Release-Date Delivery, that information will be posted on the item detail page here:"

I was thinking I'd hear more of that but in the chat the rep stated that the item would be delivered after the release date.

what a difference.
    :shock:
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited August 2012
    i used to get release day delivery when ordering from origin, but last time i rdered with the economy option and they didnt ship it out till release day...i think though if you pick the standard shipping it will get to you on release day.That's what i just did. When you choose the economic one though i know it ships from some different distributor and you wont get it till days later.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    krimsonnox wrote:
    i used to get release day delivery when ordering from origin, but last time i rdered with the economy option and they didnt ship it out till release day...i think though if you pick the standard shipping it will get to you on release day.That's what i just did. When you choose the economic one though i know it ships from some different distributor and you wont get it till days later.
    Yea I always choose standard. I just don't remember it stating 5 to 7 days.
    (Just realized that if the game comes out the 4th of september then we have Labor Day to deal with)

What is the official release date anyway? (In the usa) Does anyone know?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I was thinking I'd hear more of that but in the chat the rep stated that the item would be delivered after the release date.

what a difference.

There is even an Amazon shipping facility withing two hours of where I live so I guess I'll wait and see what happens.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited August 2012

what a difference.

There is even an Amazon shipping facility withing two hours of where I live so I guess I'll wait and see what happens.
    That's pretty cool. Do you get amazon.com deliveries faster?
  • Options
    edited August 2012

what a difference.

That's pretty cool. Do you get amazon.com deliveries faster?

When I pre-order something I've always gotten it on release day. When I order something in stock I usually get it a day or two before the estimated delivery....but I think that's a standard business practice to overestimate shipping for a lot of retailers. They say you'll get something in a week and then when you get it in three days you're really happy.
  • Options
    Itamu4Itamu4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2012
    I've only ordered a hard copy game from ea once, they ended up charging me for it twice and not sending it at all. however I have ordered digital copies with them multiple times and never gotten a bad deal there. so I'm all for if you want hard copy go elsewhere.
  • Options
    magic345wmagic345w Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2012
    Can anybody tell me if you pre-order on newegg will I get it on the release date? Plz answer.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I've never preordered from newegg, but I hear good things about them. Have you asked their customer service? They are usually very helpful and friendly.

I was very put off by Ea/Origin's customer service, so I placed my preorder with Gamestop & will pick up my disc on release day.

I wanted to pay for my game upfront, but EA said they couldn't charge my card until ship day. Go figure.

For me, I'll inconvenience myself to have good customer service every time. If there's something wrong with that game, Gamestop will address it right away. I'm glad to give them my business, even if it means going out of my way.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited August 2012
    Some Gamestops will be having a midnight release for another game that's coming out so you might even be able to get it at midnight!!! I did that with Pets lol ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    ErinPandagirlErinPandagirl Posts: 145
    edited August 2012
    I always pre order from best buy you can go to the store and pick it up but it doesnt ship to your house on the release date found that out with showtime :( but i recomend best buy
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited August 2012
    I think the best option is to call your local Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop etc. and ask them to hold a copy for you at release. I think Gamestop will hold for you for something like a 5$ deposit. You could also try your luck and just go to the store on release day.

If you don't need the hard copy (all my games are digital) I would just order from Origin or Amazon. I have had good experiences downloading from both places, and Origin version comes with an exclusive decor pack on top of the Plants and Zombies stuff.
  • Options
    ErinPandagirlErinPandagirl Posts: 145
    edited August 2012
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    I think the best option is to call your local Best Buy, Walmart, Gamestop etc. and ask them to hold a copy for you at release. I think Gamestop will hold for you for something like a 5$ deposit. You could also try your luck and just go to the store on release day.
    I think they will hold a limited edition one at best buy for free but im not 100% sure I only did that for pets
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited August 2012
    I get things from Amazon in 24 hours if I order it in the morning but I hate missing out with the extra content. I pre-ordered with Origin but I have never ordered from them before. My preferred method is to pre-order from GameStop and pick it up at the store on release day. I don't know if the origin content is really important to me. I really want to get the pea shooter and I could get that at GameStop. What to do???
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2012

If you wish to order online, I suggest amazon.com with one day shipping to guarantee your Sims game arrives on the date or as soon as possible within that 24 hour time span. Amazon has always been reliable to me, but like I always suggest, it is, in my opinion, just better to go buy the game from the store on the day of its release.
    Pre-ordeirng online just assures that you will without-a-doubt receive a limited edition copy of the game, however, it does NOT mean that the limited edition will not be in stores, as it always is: ESPECIALLY on the day of the game's release.

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2012

Amazon has done this before on other expansion packs I've ordered with them before. I check periodically to see when it becomes available.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    If I had a choice I'd get the game in store but that won't be happening on that date. I only have 2 choices. But at this point, if the game is not scheduled to be delivered at least on the release date I might have to buy the digital download. We will see. Thanks for all the helpful responses. :P

I Seriously CANNOT WAIT to see the ep in action!!! :-o :D :shock: :twisted:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    For those of you that have ordered from Amazon.........

I saw this on the listing this morning.....

"Want to receive this the day it comes out?
    Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout. "

If you have already pre-ordered I think you will need to contact customer service to see if your order needs to be changed. I just sent an email off to them and I'll let you know what they say.