Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any tips on compact houses?

MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
Hey peoples!

So I'm drawing up a plan for my Dream House (see the thread below) and need some tips on making it as small as possible, but not to the point where my sims can't walk around.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated!

- Mmyoko out.

Comments

• Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hm, here are some random tips. Not sure if they'll help you or not.

Bedrooms: If you want to fit a double bed which 2 people can sleep in, the smallest you can get away with is a 4x4 room. You won't be able to fit a workable dresser though.

Bathrooms: If you want a working bathtub, a toilet, and a sink, 2x3 is too small. You can fit a shower in a 2x3 room, but they won't be able to get to a 2 tile tub.

Kitchens/Eating Area: You can go without having a dining room or eating area if you place some bar stools with an island in the kitchen.

Hallways: Hallways should always be at least 2 tiles wide to make it more playable.

Roof Space: Depending on the roof size, you can always utilize the roof space. I did that with my latest contemporary cabin build. I was able to fit a lofted gym, a bedroom, and another full bath all in the roof space.

Hope that helps you a bit. =p
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks heaps Anjubee!

Never really check for roof space, and it's helpful to know the bathroom tips...

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    RalftheblueRalftheblue Posts: 123 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Make sure the colors in all the rooms match.

If you go bright in one room, good bright in the other.

I find if you mix things it looks weird.