Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to save edited towns?

Every time I start a new game in Sunset Valley or Riverview I have to go through the town and edit added community lots. EA just plops them anywhere and any which way. Is there a way to save the edited town for future use so I don't have to go through the hassle every time?

Comments

• Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi yes ,save it just like you would normaly when playing .

Riverview for instance just put Riverview xxx then you know that it is your remake town .

Then if you want to go back in and play someone in the the town just save it again under the persons name.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited August 2012
    Yes. :D

After you set it up just how you like, go to the main menu. Click on the town you want a copy of, and in the lower left hand corner you will see an option to "copy" the town. I do this every time I set up a hood for use with future games. :wink:
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2012
    I hate having to re-edit towns so I do that for every town I get from EA. That way I just have to do it once!

Be aware that if you ever uninstall a town, EVERY SAVE FOLDER IN "SAVES" INVOLVING THAT TOWN deletes as well. If you need to do that, then drag your saved edited town's folder to another place (like your desktop) before you do the uninstall. I'm still frosted about losing my awesome Lunar Lakes build.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you everyone. I noticed that option and it never occured to me to use it at the beginning of a game. :oops: