Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dynamic challenge sims3pack in download folder

Hi everyone,
I was wondering what the file is or does?
It showed up in my download folder: dynamicchallenge_6cceedc0abea44a7a8da181fabb48f2d

I deleted it once but it appeared again. Does anyone has an idea?
It's not recognized by the launcher when I open the download part in the launcer. Couldn't find anything on the forum about it.

Comments

• Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure it's related to the spring training achievement. My file appeared at the same time the badge opportunity popped up. There was also a new numbered folder with another ChallengeData.package inside.

edited for typo
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited August 2012
    I was just going to ask about this too. LOL Delete it and it comes back. Really strange. Makes me nervous to have stuff just appear in my downloads!
    I was wondering about that second numbered folder as well. I sure hope this is all it is.
  • Options
    Kimmilee1Kimmilee1 Posts: 11
    edited August 2012
    On Friday night, I uninstalled the dynamicchallenge pack from the launcher, and now my game launcher won't open at all, it just says unknown error occured?!? help~
  • Options
    dfheoicmvodkfdfheoicmvodkf Posts: 57
    edited August 2012
    @Kimmilee I have the same problem! My game wont work, I tried asking everybody, nobody knows what to do!!
  • Options
    dfheoicmvodkfdfheoicmvodkf Posts: 57
    edited August 2012
    Please if any of you can help, please reply or leave a comment on my page. when I open the launcher it says ''Unknown error occured, see the log for more details.'' I promise if you help me I will gift you 2 pretty backrounds.
    Help :(
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited August 2012
    I just found this, it has to do with the new achievements and stuff.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/569778.page
  • Options
    im_addicted_to_simim_addicted_to_sim Posts: 392 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Hm, if uninstalling it broke your game, try restoring it? You can do a system restore of your computer, or check your recycled bin?
  • Options
    ssaffssaff Posts: 27
    edited October 2012
    Please if any of you can help, please reply or leave a comment on my page. when I open the launcher it says ''Unknown error occured, see the log for more details.'' I promise if you help me I will gift you 2 pretty backrounds.
    Help :(
    Hi - It may help for you to determine which update you are currently running Sims3 under. (It's in the bottom left of your Launcher before you start Sims3.
    Following is a link that states that, with Patch 1.36, "Dynamic Challenges no longer appear in the launcher."
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=11391.0
    Thanks for your your post; and to replies - You're all helping to at least figure out What Is a Dynamic Challenge ?
    :wink:
  • Options
    DallasGirlDallasGirl Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have 3 of these "dynamicchallenge_" files in my downloads folder.

I have all the expansions and my base game is updated to 1.42 and they are still showing in my downloads folder.

I really don't want to try to uninstall it based on what some people have said ... not able to start up the game again. It's hard enough to get it to start with all the expansions installed - takes about 15 min to load up and if I am shutting it down, it also takes about 15 min. I'm assuming it's because of all the expansions installed but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else found these in their download folder since updating the base game?
  • Options
    AldeaAldea Posts: 27 Member
    edited November 2012
    The dynamicchallenge frustrates me! It keeps coming back! That's probably what makes my game say"no disc" although. The disc is in..?
  • Options
    writergurl411writergurl411 Posts: 9
    edited December 2012
    @DallasGirl

I have the EXACT same thing, thought I have nearly ever expansion pack.
    I have 3 dynamicchallenge(s) in my 'Installed' section in the Game Launcher.
    Based on what everyone else is saying I'm not going to un-install it, because my game is already messed up as it is, and so I recommend that you DO NOT un-install it. :roll:
  • Options
    caitlinvhcaitlinvh Posts: 23 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have two installed and I can't get close enough to uninstall them. I am having a major problem with create a sim (it won't let me open the hair slots in young adult or the clothing...) and my store content won't work even though it is installed... am gooing to get my money i spent on simpoints back!
  • Options
    HappyFacex3HappyFacex3 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    DallasGirl wrote:
    I have 3 of these "dynamicchallenge_" files in my downloads folder.

LUCKY i have six! seriously what do i do with them I'm afraid if i delete em it'll ruin my game. :(
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited May 2013
    The dynamicchallenge files are system files. You should not delete them.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    Those files are supposed to be there. Patch1.36 fixed them so they do not appear in the launcher. If they are in the launcher, you need to update your game.

If the launcher does not offer an update, use the manual patch in the post at the top of this (technical discussion) forum.

Those files are required, leave them alone.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    curlymama318curlymama318 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Those files are supposed to be there. Patch1.36 fixed them so they do not appear in the launcher. If they are in the launcher, you need to update your game.

If the launcher does not offer an update, use the manual patch in the post at the top of this (technical discussion) forum.

Those files are required, leave them alone.

What if they still appear in the launcher and I'm all the way updated to the most current patch (1.50.56)?
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd redo the patch via the manual patch, that was fixed so, it may be that it didn't quite patch correctly.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    semicheasemichea Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm updated to 1.55 and only have the base game and these "dynamic challenges" have always shown up in my launcher.
  • Options
    cafemocha1124cafemocha1124 Posts: 104 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Annadenise wrote:
    I just found this, it has to do with the new achievements and stuff.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/569778.page

thank you !! i'm always wondering. thank god for these forums, someone always has an answer
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    I remember they were in my Downloads Folder before and they kept came back after deleting, so I decided to leave them alone. Somehow, they disappeared, but they came back again, maybe a few months later. I recently saw them this month. I am updated with a 1.55 patch. I am going to leave them alone.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited August 2013
    All I've read about those Dynamic challenge files is they are related to achievements and your progress towards achieving challenges. You find the challenges in the badges you can win. There is more than 100 of them. I've already got over 100 badges and I haven't got half of them yet.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited August 2013
    They are indeed related to your achievements. If you reinstall your game or pull the sims 3 folder to the desktop and don't replace those files back into your downloads folder as well as the folder with a bunch of numbers on it, you will not get the count continued on your achievements.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    MichaelS1990MichaelS1990 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Seems like what people are saying about patch 1.36 fixing this is not accurate. I have 1.57, yet I still see a dynamicchallenge file in my launcher. I'd hazard to guess 1.36 got rid of them for a while but then a more recent patch made them appear again. Perhaps Maxis found out making them invisible does more harm than good or something. Just figured I'd warn everyone so don't you waste your time reinstalling all your patches manually.
  • Options
    CarolinaSims302CarolinaSims302 Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    The Dynamic Challenge randomly popped up while I was playing and now my game is glitching, making my baby sims a long line instead of an infant, as well as having the game run roughly. :(
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited April 2014
    The Dynamic Challenge randomly popped up while I was playing and now my game is glitching, making my baby sims a long line instead of an infant, as well as having the game run roughly. :(

They don't affect gameplay other than being there for badges received for challenges. The glitch your talking about sounds like you have bad cc in your game. Please check the first page of the technical forum (where this is posted) there should be a thread named something like Bad cc and how to get rid of it. Sorry can't link it while I'm on my phone.