Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

downloaded Custom content not working! all my downloads have a blank page icon!

everytime i try to download stuff from modthesims, the download comes out as a white blank icon and when i click on it to open, it says windows cant open this file and in order to open it i need a program..i need to be able to open it in order to extract it so it would work because otherwise there wouldn't be a point in adding it if it doesn't open..anyways i don't know why this is happening..any help please?

Comments

• Options
    wrenheadpreciwrenheadpreci Posts: 33
    edited August 2012
    Hi there, do you know the extension?
    If no. Right click on one of the downloaded cc's >properties
    and then tell me the "type of file"
  • Options
    tieraneytieraney Posts: 2 New Member
    > @wrenheadpreci said:
    > Hi there, do you know the extension?
    > If no. Right click on one of the downloaded cc's >properties
    > and then tell me the "type of file"

IDK if anyone is still active on this thread, but I'm having the same problem. The file type of the download I have says [PACKAGE File (.package)]
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @tieraney - Package files aren't meant to be opened unless you are trying to create new content yourself. It doesn't matter what their file icon is. They are mean to go into Mods\Packages as part of the Mods Framework setup. We helped you with this some time ago, but if you need further assistance, this is the better place to post as a New Member. Threads from this many years ago tend to get locked up by the moderators if they are added to now, as necroposting is against the rules here.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    PrincessFlorrentinaPrincessFlorrentina Posts: 1 New Member
    I have sims 3 store bought content from the actual sims 3 store and its downloaded but when i click install on the launcher it says installation failed please make sure your game is up to date and i updated it but still the same thing