Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will happen if I delete all of the files in my DCBackup?

So I wanted to clean out pretty much all of the CC in my game.

I know I have to go through my launcher and delete those, but I was wondering what would happen if I deleted all of the folders in my DCBackup.

I read about it and here it said I shouldn't delete the ccmerge.package, but I was wondering if there was anything else I shouldn't delete.

Comments

• Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm pretty sure if delete all the files with 0x032328094394randomnumbersandwordshere, it will delete all CC installed through the launcher.

Edit - looked it up, I'm wrong. Ignore this. :mrgreen:
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited July 2012
    It's safe to delete everything in the DC Backup folder, except from the cc.merged file as you already pointed out.

Don't delete the contents of the DC Cache folder. That's where your custom content is.
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited July 2012
    mvande wrote:
    I know I have to go through my launcher and delete those, but I was wondering what would happen if I deleted all of the folders in my DCBackup.

Nothing happens to your game if you delete the random number files.

Those files are only used when exporting lots and sims that contain CC. So, if you don't care about that, you can go right ahead and delete them.

The actual CC itself is stored in your DCCache files. Don't delete those. :)

(edit : Ninja'd by JustKeepSimming)
  • Options
    mvandemvande Posts: 8,587 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ok, thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited July 2012
    I've heard some people deleted dcbackup and this caused some issues with store moodlets, I never tried myself and now mostly of my cc is package.