Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just How I'm feeling at the moment

I truly do like the game, but I wanted to know if other players where feeling the same as me.

-I think the sims are ugly. The Sims 2 faces were super cuter to me, and i have tried making myself in the Sims 3, and it was horrid, while I could do so in the last one.

-I have no idea how to make to sims get married. They are old friends, and they do romantic actions, but nothing else comes up even with all of their relationship health is maxed.

-I'm not happy with the amount of styles in the game, I feel like there are a lot of hairstyles, clothes, etc missing.

-The clothing that is available doesn't have a great quality, most of it looks like it is painted on. (This ma just be something with my comp, but I have maxed all the detail settings)

-While I love visiting the community lots, I hate it at the same time, because you can not enter, I feel like that is a little shallow.

-I'm totally upset with the downloading costing so much. Simpoints are a little ridiculous to me.

I think the game will become something wonderful, but I just hope that more is added soon so that I do not have to fret that much.

Comments

• Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, alot of us are used to all the custom content and expansion packs fom ~The Sims 2, but in time, I think you would get used to the game, once more stuff is added on. I'm willing to wait for stuff, I''m focused on looking at all the new gameplay interactions and traits.
  • Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, I used to think the Sims were really ugly too until I made myself. And no, I don't mean I'm super hot I mean I realized how much you can customize your sims. Instead of just choosing different ears and lips if you go into the advance menu you can change EVERYTHING. I mean really, I think my Sims looks just like me and at the same time looks nothing like any other Sim wandering around town.

As far as the clothes, I like the jeans and most of the tops for the women but the formal wear is HORRID! You can either look like a street walker or a bride at a wedding. So much for a nice night out at the theater with your husband. And the men's clothing is by and large mediocre. Why are there pants so short and high-watered?

Honestly after reading the Prima Guide I came to understand a lot more about the game and I'm enjoying it a lot more because of it!
  • Options
    aleeshalainaleeshalain Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree about the sims being ugly. I am hoping it will just take some time to get used to the new tool, but I used to make flawlessly gorgeous sims in the sims 2 and something about the general look of the sims 3 sims is just...off. It's like every sim has the same basic look and it's impossible to make one that is any better than moderately attractive. Creating sims and tooling with genetics was always my favorite part, so I'm hoping it somehow gets better. I was also expecting a lot more freedom with designing sims. It somehow feels more restricted than it did before.

And once again, agreed about the town buildings. Granted, it is a massive game and just getting to explore without a loading screen is cool enough, but there's something very rudimentary about being blocked out of the buildings. Even the Sims 1 allowed you to step inside of a restaurant! It seems like a giant step back, and I hope there is some way to add on to it later.

It did seem slightly curious to me that the game only installed on one disc. The sims 2 took 4 discs and a fleet of ********* to get through the install process. Did I just pay 70 bucks for a game that pales in comparison in every way to the one I already had?

However I do love so many things. I love everything about the trait system, I love getting to pick favorite things. I love all of the different food options. I think new recipes should be a regular download because they add so much fun to the game. :)

I am also elated that adult sims finally have the "go steady option". It was too hard to be a swinger before when someone thought you belonged with them just because they had fallen in love with YOU.

I'm so looking forward to learning more things about this game and growing to love it. In the mean time, I just wish it would crash less often. :(
  • Options
    aleeshalainaleeshalain Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay, I am not sure why my above message was bleeped out. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't being crass in my above message. I actually mentioned the...um... time wasters? that they implemented into the sims 2 installation process. Apparently this board finds the name inappropriate.