Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[SOLVED]Fullbuild_p08.package Error[SOLVED]

Is there a way I can get some tech help with my Sims 3: Generations EP?

I am attempting to install it and I keep getting an error message. It says " File D: Game Data/ Shared/ Packages/ Fullbuild_p08.package Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)". I click retry and it will download a bit more, but it continuously comes back to this error message. I am not sure what else to do.

I followed directions in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/189667.page , but it is still showing the same error. I seriously am lost what to do now or where to look for answers. Help would be MUCH appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    edited July 2012
    Bump?
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi,

If you are still unable to install the game using the DVD disc, you can alternatively use your disc serial code to redeem a digital download version of the game from the EA Store at no cost to you. This is made possible through the Origin download manager client. After you have registered the game on the Sims3.com website, the product will automatically be redeemed in Origin. The latest version of the Origin client can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.dm.origin.com/download
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    edited July 2012
    Oh gosh. Thank you so much. And please forgive my ignorance. I signed up with Origin with a new email/password. I had tried to redeem the game earlier, but it would say it had been done already. So I used my sign-in I use HERE, and its works. Thank you, and I apologize again.

tumblr_m6x5tbLAZd1rys4czo1_500.gif
  • Options
    MissAkdMissAkd Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hi!
    I know this is an old forum but thank you to the guy who answered. My game froze at the same place and i've just started trying to download it on origin. :)
  • Options
    6688628766886287 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    THX A LOT!!!!!
    IT SAVE MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!