Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a thief... (Criminal Career) NOT KLEPTO! HELP PLZ!

Does the person need to be home before you can steal something? I can't figure out how to steal something... I keep trying to do it but every time I click on something the steal option never comes up... am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited July 2009
    You can't steal specific items, what you have to do is click on the ground nearby and select "Swipe Something".
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Honestly I can't get past the front door without teleporting in... she keeps getting the no pathway symbol.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Honestly I can't get past the front door without teleporting in... she keeps getting the no pathway symbol.
    I take it there's nobody home?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hasn't anyone played one???
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah no one is home... burglars came when I wasn't home...
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Do they have to be home and asleep? Is that the problem?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah no one is home... burglars came when I wasn't home...
    Ha ha!..... *ahem* sorry.

Anyways, I know you can steal stuff from outside their house regardless of whether they are home or not. I'm guessing you have to be invited in to steal stuff from inside the house. (I'm not fond of kleptos TBH).
  • Options
    x19pinkheartsxx19pinkheartsx Posts: 165 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey I have played as a thief.... they have to be home... and when noone is in the room click on ground and click swipe something it has to be night though.... and you can only steal 3 things per day..... the best thing is to become friends with the person and ask to stay over and then steal something when theyre asleep.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This isn't a question about Kleptos pal... Thief is a branch in the Criminal Career.
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2009
    Kleptomaniacs cannot become Burglars (I don't think)

*You click on ground and click on "Swipe Something" if anyone is in the room you can't do it
    *You can swipe anything at any time, thouh you cannot choose what, but I think if you are close to something you'll swipe it (I swiped a lamp, but wanted a shower from the gym)
    *You can Swipe ANYTHING, even something that seems immposible (a fountain from the park in Sunset Valley)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The fountain???? :shock:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    All I am getting is "Sneak Here" nothing about swiping something... lemme try a couple more times.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Right now I am at Safe ******* rank and have the burglar outfit as my work uniform... do I need to be a higher rank?

🐸🐸🐸🐸 someone slap the hell outa these censorship things... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is censored.
  • Options
    axebyteaxebyte Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No, i havent found a way to enter an NPC (townie) home without being invited. home or not, and other then the klepto option i havent found any steal or take option either.

Shame to i was sorta looking forward to fighting the cops and seeing who did and didnt have buglar alarms. Sorta takes away from the whole thief occupation. Not to mention the town and houses dont replace the stolen things. As a test i klepto one house completely empty, and those people remained in an unfurnished no bed house until they finally died of old age.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So as a thief... I can't steal anything???
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    BuMp
  • Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I haven't found any way for a thief to steal things when he isn't working.

A Kleptomaniac can open a garage, then Swipe something from inside the garage. That makes the rest of the house visible as though they'd been invited inside. I don't know if this would work using Go Here instead of Swipe Something.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So as a professional thief you can't steal anything at all?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Has anyone actually played as a thief :?:
  • Options
    jjbhijjbhi Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yes I have played as just a theif and No not unless you are Klepto but just use the mid-life crisis lifetime reward and change, kinda dumb if you ask me not being able to steal if your a just in the carrear but whatever :roll: :thumbdown: